FLEAS THE SIZE OF RATS SUCK ON RATS THE SIZE OF CATS

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
million voices
Slight Overbomber

Nicholas Pegg in his 'Complete David Bowie' in the section on 'Diamond Dogs' states :-
"A significant innovation was the introduction of a brand new Bowie voice - 'Sweet Thing' and 'Big Brother' unveil the sonorous basso profundo that would become a key element of David's vocal armoury, and a fundamental influence on the goth bands of the 1980s."

So, basically Eldo just wanted to be Halloween Jack - and why not

Apologies if this has been discussed here before I have the memory of a silverfish.
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
czuczu
Overbomber

I remember Silverfish! They were alright :)

There were some reviews in the weeklies for the release of Under The Gun which compared it favourably Sweet Thing / Candidate.
That Pegg book is a very good read, the David Buckley one is also worth hunting down.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Nicholas Pegg? He's a Dalek, what does he know?
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
million voices
Slight Overbomber

I have the Buckley it is very good. I also recently got the Paul Trynka and the Kevin Cann both recommended. At least until Bowie writes one himself.

I havent heard 'Silverfish'. I have heard 'Silverwing' - who can forget their magnum opus 'Flashbomb Fever'; a classic of it's genre.

I don't understand the Nicholas Pegg = Dalek reference
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Being645
Wiki Wizard

million voices wrote:Nicholas Pegg in his 'Complete David Bowie' in the section on 'Diamond Dogs' states :-
"A significant innovation was the introduction of a brand new Bowie voice - 'Sweet Thing' and 'Big Brother' unveil the sonorous basso profundo that would become a key element of David's vocal armoury, and a fundamental influence on the goth bands of the 1980s."
IIRC, Bowie took singing lessons around that time ... a very good decision!

Btw, I have this one. A pretty item.

million voices wrote: So, basically Eldo just wanted to be Halloween Jack - and why not ...
Oh well, and didn't he prove that perfectly by Vision Thing , Comfortably Numb / Some Kind of Stranger ... or more recently by this load of new songs ... ;D :lol:
czuczu
Overbomber

million voices wrote:I don't understand the Nicholas Pegg = Dalek reference

:lol:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

czuczu wrote:
million voices wrote:I don't understand the Nicholas Pegg = Dalek reference

:lol:
:lol: :lol:
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I seem to also remember Chris Roberts writing in Melody Maker also (favourably) liken 'More' to the original full length soundtrack version of 'Cat People'...
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie