New Order 2012

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

My apologies if someone already started a post, but I couldn't find one.

Has anyone seen New Order this year? I have tickets in the mail for October in New York. Seen 'em a few times before Hook departed and always enjoyed myself. I think the most recent was Coachella, maybe 2006? Can't recall the exact year.

Any impressions of the "new" lineup? Setlist? Just curious to hear opinions or experiences.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Seen them twice without Hooky. Once at the AB in Brussels last year and at The Lokerse Feesten a month ago.
Great times were had on both dates! But I've heard people that didn't think it was any good also...

Setlist begins with Crystal/Regret/Ceremony and ends with Love Will Tear Us Apart. In between you will get things like Isolation (rework), 586, Perfect Kiss, Blue Monday, True Faith & Tempatation... a best of -tour or so it seems.
Hooky is missed, but more in attitude than in sound. I thought the new guys did a pretty good job...
in dub we trust
bismarck

Hi Radiojamaica,

Thanks very much for your review. Sounds like a pretty good setlist actually. I've never heard them play Ceremony so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Best,
Trevor
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Trev! :eek:

Cripes, everyone's coming out of the woodwork, now. ;D :notworthy:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

radiojamaica wrote:Seen them twice without Hooky. Once at the AB in Brussels last year and at The Lokerse Feesten a month ago.
Great times were had on both dates! But I've heard people that didn't think it was any good also...

Setlist begins with Crystal/Regret/Ceremony and ends with Love Will Tear Us Apart. In between you will get things like Isolation (rework), 586, Perfect Kiss, Blue Monday, True Faith & Tempatation... a best of -tour or so it seems.
Hooky is missed, but more in attitude than in sound. I thought the new guys did a pretty good job...
saw them last year in manchester. pretty much as you describe 8) :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
czuczu
Overbomber

I saw them earlier this month, first time since Republic came out. I could do without the extra guitarist who doesn't really add anything and without Hooky it is essentially just the Barney show.

Still a good night out though :)
metal on metal
Amphetamine Filth

I saw them at the Sonar festival in June and thought they were magnificent. A million times better than when I last saw them (2001), when I thought they were just rockist rubbish.

To be honest I didn't miss Hooky at all. Gillian coming back, however, seems to have invigorated them. I think you should have a great night - Temptation particularly was amazing when I saw them.
bismarck

Hi guys + gals,

Thank you for your input. I am getting psyched up for the show and yes, I think it'll be cool to see Gillian. All the times I've seen New Order (maybe 2 or 3 max), she was never in the lineup.

Also the setlist sounds fun.

Sinnie -- what's up? I never left, I've just been dormant.
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck