If you could bring a dead rock star back for 1 gig...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Buddy Holly, haven't we done this before ?
circle
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Lux Interior without a doubt. Rockin Bones ;D
darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Lux Interior, Ian Curtis, Augustus Pablo, King Tubby, Jim Morrison or almost the entire Ramones... can't make my mind up, sorry.
in dub we trust
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:Freddie. Got to be hasn't it really?

I remember my mum watching one of the big shows Queen did in the 80s (Live Magic maybe?) on TV saying "ooh where does he get the energy?"

That would be the cocaine mum.
Because AE used to drunk Yerba Mate :wink:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Bartek wrote:
markfiend wrote:Freddie. Got to be hasn't it really?

I remember my mum watching one of the big shows Queen did in the 80s (Live Magic maybe?) on TV saying "ooh where does he get the energy?"

That would be the cocaine mum.
Because AE used to drunk Yerba Mate :wink:
:lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Salome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Morrison, no doubt about it 8)
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Mozart. Not a rock star now as such...but....
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
Silver_Owl
The Don

It would be better if the Subject was 'If you could go back in time and see somebody performing live who is now dead, who would it be?'

Bringing any of them back would be a disappointment and the smell would be appalling.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Pista
Cureboi

Hom_Corleone wrote:It would be better if the Subject was 'If you could go back in time and see somebody performing live who is now dead, who would it be?'

Bringing any of them back would be a disappointment and the smell would be appalling.
Oooh.
A time machine thread.

:D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Aazhyd
Amphetamine Filth

Andrew Eldritch. Oh, wait...
Only the Americans could have built a place like this in the middle of a jungle.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Aazhyd wrote:Andrew Eldritch. Oh, wait...
Thread won.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Hom_Corleone wrote:Bringing any of them back would be a disappointment and the smell would be appalling.
Ahem...
stufarq wrote:...they'd smell really bad and probably not perform very well. Plus you'd almost certainly be arrested.
:innocent:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

stufarq wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:Bringing any of them back would be a disappointment and the smell would be appalling.
Ahem...
stufarq wrote:...they'd smell really bad and probably not perform very well. Plus you'd almost certainly be arrested.
:innocent:
indeed stufarq wins! and you are talking zombie.

it would be terrible opening the doorway to a soul to come back from where they are out there amongst the stars...

but if one it had to be, it would be jim morrison... oh yeah!
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Being645
Wiki Wizard

I don't care for dead rock stars.
For whatever they achieved during their time, most of them are dead for too long to come up
with something exciting, something useful, something new. And a good part of their innovations
have got infiltrated or swallowed by ... "development". Unfortunately often enough somewhat
self-imposed already in sowing ... But hell, we're all only humans, limited in the width of our
perspective and in what we can bear even when only tinkering beyond conventional horizons.
Well ok, a slight reminder might not be all that bad time and again. Though in that case, it's enough
for me (and sometimes more than enough) to listen to my old records. For anyway, all art can hardly
be more for a me than what I can make of it.
czuczu
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:most of them are dead for too long to come up
with something exciting
Most? :eek:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

that thread is more about some sort of nostalgia, i think, not about anything new.
not to mention that some of living creatures doesn't bring anything new or even fresh.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

czuczu wrote:
Being645 wrote:most of them are dead for too long to come up
with something exciting
Most? :eek:
... :lol: ... well, some died less long ago than Hendrix, Morrison, Bolan ...

Bartek wrote:that thread is more about some sort of nostalgia, i think, not about anything new.
not to mention that some of living creatures doesn't bring anything new or even fresh.
Yeah, no contradiction at all ... :wink: ...