Return of the Bad Seeds

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
czuczu
Overbomber

http://www.nickcave.com/

Album due next Feb. Feels like ages since Lazarus and the last Grinderman album...
blackandgold65
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Whoop! Something to look forward to then........would love the Super Deluxe Box Set, pricey - might beg for an extra early pre-order Xmas present!!!
"I think insipid music is very dangerous. It's a narcotic for the nation as you very well know."
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

blackandgold65 wrote:Whoop! Something to look forward to then........would love the Super Deluxe Box Set, pricey - might beg for an extra early pre-order Xmas present!!!
I've just ordered it...you're right though...its a bit pricy!!!
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Woohoo!

A bit pricey indeed. :eek:

Can't wait though. I also can't wait till the guy I used to work with gives me back ALL of my Nick Cave albums I lent to him. :evil:
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
hellboy69

Can someone show this to Von? For that whole, how much fun it is to record an album and set a release date thing? :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK59GDfWvsg&sns=fb
blackandgold65

hellboy69 wrote:Can someone show this to Von? For that whole, how much fun it is to record an album and set a release date thing? :twisted:

:lol: Couldn't agree more....meanwhile, it's back to this

"I think insipid music is very dangerous. It's a narcotic for the nation as you very well know."
million voices
Slight Overbomber

That made me laugh
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
hellboy69

blackandgold65 wrote: :lol: Couldn't agree more....meanwhile, it's back to this

:lol: :notworthy:
blackandgold65

If I had more time, I would re-do the whole thing in Photoshop with Von's face on it, with a soft nursery rhyme-like chant/background music of "why are we waiting" .... :lol:
bangles

It's not all fun. I've been increasingly dissappointed by every Cave related release since No More Shall We Part. And there's no fun in that, no fun at all... :?
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
bangles

And then this comes along.
Nothing about content other than what you physically get with it...
A Multi-format money grab before any pre-release reviews or interviews, (at least that i've seen...)

But as has become the norm, it will be critically lauded as an 'important' peice of work and the office based inteviews will laugh at the dead pan wit and crazy stories of the drug related mayhem in the 80's...

The repeating retrospectives in the music monthlies will have lists of his best albums (heavy on the 80's and early 90's), and illustrated with pictures of the suited shadows of Blixa & Mick to remind me when the bad seeds were indeed mighty.

[goes for a quiet lie down with side 2 of From Her To Eternity...]
million voices
Slight Overbomber

Does that mean you'll be ordering the version with all the bells and whistles then?
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
bangles

million voices wrote:Does that mean you'll be ordering the version with all the bells and whistles then?
:lol: :lol:
blackandgold65

bangles wrote:
[goes for a quiet lie down with side 2 of From Her To Eternity...]
something to look at - while you are lying down...glory days...:D

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

bangles:

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

(IMO the last great Bad Seeds album was probably Henry's Dream)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
sultan2075
Overbomber

bangles wrote:It's not all fun. I've been increasingly dissappointed by every Cave related release since No More Shall We Part. And there's no fun in that, no fun at all... :?
Ditto. But really, the last great record was The Boatman's Call, which I think is a sublimely beautiful album. No More Shall We Part was, I think, marred by God is in the House, which lyrically sounds like a more refined version of something an 80's metal band should have written. I wince every time I hear it. The high point of Nocturama, for me, was Babe, I'm on Fire. I recall nothing about Abbatoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus except the song about Orpheus. Dig!!! Lazarus Dig!!! is better than those records, and a step in the right direction, but I don't think it's as good as No More Shall We Part. It has its moments, though.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
shivarising
Amphetamine Filth

Not really sure if I consider them the Bad Seeds without Blixa and Mick Harvey. Should be Nick Cave and the Other Seeds.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

shivarising wrote:Not really sure if I consider them the Bad Seeds without Blixa and Mick Harvey. Should be Nick Cave and the Other Seeds.
:notworthy: very true.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Back in time

markfiend wrote:
(IMO the last great Bad Seeds album was probably Henry's Dream)

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.
GC
Slight Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote:
bangles wrote:It's not all fun. I've been increasingly dissappointed by every Cave related release since No More Shall We Part. And there's no fun in that, no fun at all... :?
Ditto. But really, the last great record was The Boatman's Call, which I think is a sublimely beautiful album. No More Shall We Part was, I think, marred by God is in the House, which lyrically sounds like a more refined version of something an 80's metal band should have written. I wince every time I hear it. The high point of Nocturama, for me, was Babe, I'm on Fire. I recall nothing about Abbatoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus except the song about Orpheus. Dig!!! Lazarus Dig!!! is better than those records, and a step in the right direction, but I don't think it's as good as No More Shall We Part. It has its moments, though.
And another Ditto.....No More Shall we Part was excellent......only Dig has shown a glimmer since then....

Is it just me or is Nick turning into what could be described as a dirty old man...the new cover and the Grinderman stuff is kind of disquieting
shivarising
Amphetamine Filth

Is it just me or is Nick turning into what could be described as a dirty old man...the new cover and the Grinderman stuff is kind of disquieting

It goes well with the receding hairline and handlebar mustache.
Pista
Cureboi

Also-rans really
Nothing to see here.

:wink:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Ah maybe this is a reason why :von: dosen't realease anything new. It's always better in the old days is the cry. It's generally not. Just different. Ain't a fan of the last few Nick albums tho Dig was very good. Wouldn't want a return to the Birthday Partt days. And even if he did this someone would say The Boys Next Door were better...
The Chancer Corporation
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Nice! Looking forward! :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

abridged wrote:Ah maybe this is a reason why :von: doesn't release anything new.
Good point!
—Bertrand Russell