Type O Negative

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i think they smelll of poo and wee.

so there ;D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

ANDY HAS THE FINAL SAY

Close this thread I say close it!

;D (cos Type O roolz)
hallucienate
Overbomber

Type O are a great band.... FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

hallucienate wrote:Type O are a great band.... FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!
I can't really refute this cos it made me laugh out loud.

Type O roolz
Karst
Slight Overbomber

CorpPunk wrote:ANDY HAS THE FINAL SAY
From: http://www.mixi.net/Sisters.Of.Mercy/In ... Metal.html

Band: Type O Negative
Album: Bloody Kisses
Song: Christian Woman
(After years of Trash and Hardcore, Peter Steele turned with "Bloody Kisses" from '93, over to the Britisch gothic. Especially his way of dark singing is watched/taken from Eldritch.)

Eldritch: "The music is good, it's the singing..."

Makes a dirty face,"where is this man coming from? America? Hmm, I wouldn't have guessed with his accent. I'd say Denmark. You can hear that he is influenced by The Sisters. He's taken a very good look at my lyrics, but he didn't get the essence at all.

Turns the cd off before the end, "Too bad about the music and the production, 'cause they are good."
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Karst wrote:
CorpPunk wrote:ANDY HAS THE FINAL SAY
From: http://www.mixi.net/Sisters.Of.Mercy/In ... Metal.html

Band: Type O Negative
Album: Bloody Kisses
Song: Christian Woman
(After years of Trash and Hardcore, Peter Steele turned with "Bloody Kisses" from '93, over to the Britisch gothic. Especially his way of dark singing is watched/taken from Eldritch.)

Eldritch: "The music is good, it's the singing..."

Makes a dirty face,"where is this man coming from? America? Hmm, I wouldn't have guessed with his accent. I'd say Denmark. You can hear that he is influenced by The Sisters. He's taken a very good look at my lyrics, but he didn't get the essence at all.

Turns the cd off before the end, "Too bad about the music and the production, 'cause they are good."
ANDY LIKES TYPE O (with qualifications, of course)

You know, I read this interview a while ago and, in my opinion, AE is cracked out to think Type O's lyrics are similiar to (or, at least, an inferior imitation of) his. I just don't think they're related. Style, intent, and content are all very different. Anyway.

Type O roolz
Karst
Slight Overbomber

This is an interesting article concerning the early days of Type O: http://www.nets.pl/~ruffus/type/karin.htm

Journo has a website here: http://www.xs4all.nl/~kspaink/
She's cool - Andrew should talk to her, if he hasn't already.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

hallucienate wrote:Type O are a great band.... FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!
LMAO Krap eh, Hal?

They are awful. I could barely get through 2 bits on their website.

(Andrew) turns the cd off before the end, "Too bad about the music and the production, 'cause they are good."

Isn't that a bit of an oxymoron?
How can he say they are good, when he's clearly criticizing the production and MUSIC. If they were that good, why didn't he listen to the end? Why did he turn it off?

The only redeeming factor I can mention is they like muscle cars.

http://typeonegative.net/gallery/coneyshoot.php
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Black Planet wrote: (Andrew) turns the cd off before the end, "Too bad about the music and the production, 'cause they are good."

How can he say they are good, when he's clearly criticizing the production and MUSIC. If they were that good, why didn't he listen to the end? Why did he turn it off?
I think what Von meant was, the music and production are good ("'cause they are good") but not worthy of the singing. That's the way I read it anyway.
I expect he turned it off before the end 'cause he had a load of other records to "comment" on and wanted to get out of there a.s.a.p.
Anyway, who gives a f**k? If you don't like Type O, don't listen to 'em, if you like 'em then all well and good. :roll:
The Scene won't save you...
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Scardwel wrote:
Black Planet wrote: (Andrew) turns the cd off before the end, "Too bad about the music and the production, 'cause they are good."

I think what Von meant was, the music and production are good ("'cause they are good") but not worthy of the singing. That's the way I read it anyway.
I expect he turned it off before the end 'cause he had a load of other records to "comment" on and wanted to get out of there a.s.a.p.
Anyway, who gives a f**k? If you don't like Type O, don't listen to 'em, if you like 'em then all well and good. :roll:
I think that was a mistake in the translation or transcription. AE says earlier that the music and production are good but he can't abide the singing, so the last phrase simply doesn't make sense in the context. My take is that it's too bad that the music and production are good, because the singing sux.

Anyway, I think they're funny, so there.
cocoamix
Amphetamine Filth

I like them because the guy's name is Peter Steele, which rocks, because it evokes an image of an erect penis, which everyone knows is hilarious.

Their name would also be a good brand name of correction fluid.
"f**k, I made a mistake on this invoice. Anyone have a bottle of Typo Negative® I can use?"
Michael Nesmith's mom would be proud.

I've seen them live twice and they put on a good show. He uses a big ol piece of chain as a guitar strap.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Ahoy, peeps!

I happen to own the Mortal Kombat movie soundtrack (ok, I can hear you snickering :P); the Type O tune "Blood & Fire (Out of the Ashes Mix)" has me in stitches every time I listen to it. The overly-theatrical singing's bad enough, but when the song devolves into a melodramatic spoken-word horror, I just lose it! Bwahahahaha!!! TOO silly! :lol: ;D
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Quiff Boy wrote:i think they smelll of poo and wee.
ROFL!!!

I think that pretty much sums it up. :twisted: :von:
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

cocoamix wrote:He uses a big ol piece of chain as a guitar strap.
now that really can't be comfortable can it? no wonder he looks so bloody angry in all the photos, his shoulder must be giving him right grief...
Last edited by RicheyJames on 07 Jan 2004, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
hallucienate
Overbomber

I would just like to say that cocoamix currently has the best avatar ever. :notworthy:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

hallucienate wrote:I would just like to say that cocoamix currently has the best avatar ever. :notworthy:
Yes, cocoamix's avatar kicks *major* ass, indeed. :twisted: :von:
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

CorpPunk wrote:[I think that was a mistake in the translation or transcription. AE says earlier that the music and production are good but he can't abide the singing, so the last phrase simply doesn't make sense in the context. My take is that it's too bad that the music and production are good, because the singing sux.
Yep that's what I was trying to say. Thank you! :notworthy:
The Scene won't save you...
James Blast
Banned

All you Type O haters have made me weep now.

If it hadn't been for Coco's new avatar, I just couldn't have gone on.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

I hate it when I bite into a chocolate cream and the filling ends up being something disgusting and I have to throw it out. It's kinda like expecting this thread to be full of blood love, and finding all you haters instead.

:cry:

I guess Red and I will just have to ride off into the sunsets together...
James Blast
Banned

Thank you CP, nice to know we are in good company with Mr. The Goth.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

cocoamix wrote:I've seen them live twice and they put on a good show. He uses a big ol piece of chain as a guitar strap.
The man also has immaculate taste in shirts.

Nothing ventured, nothing lost
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

CorpPunk wrote:I hate it when I bite into a chocolate cream and the filling ends up being something disgusting and I have to throw it out. It's kinda like expecting this thread to be full of blood love, and finding all you haters instead.

I only said I thought they were awful, not that I hated them. and I did say; they had redeeming qualities, sorry it's not musical but any guy who owns that car in the photo shoot link I put up has to be one cool Mo Fo.

In any event, I get a certain amount of s**t tossed my way whenever I admit to liking Def Leppard. Most of the members here probably can't stand them and would be happy to tell me so.

So What! Long live cheesy 1980's Hair Metal Bands! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
That can still belt out rock anthems like Rock of Ages.
Thea
Overbomber

Black Planet wrote:In any event, I get a certain amount of **** tossed my way whenever I admit to liking Def Leppard. Most of the members here probably can't stand them and would be happy to tell me so.

agreed. live and let live. especially if it invloves blokes with hy-ooge hair :D
James Blast
Banned

Black Planet wrote:In any event, I get a certain amount of **** tossed my way whenever I admit to liking Def Leppard.
Animal is one of my most very favourite songs of all time BeeP.

MMmmmmmwwwwaaaahhhHHH BeeB :lol:
~ Peter Steele
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Black Planet wrote:
CorpPunk wrote:I hate it when I bite into a chocolate cream and the filling ends up being something disgusting and I have to throw it out. It's kinda like expecting this thread to be full of blood love, and finding all you haters instead.

I only said I thought they were awful, not that I hated them. and I did say; they had redeeming qualities, sorry it's not musical but any guy who owns that car in the photo shoot link I put up has to be one cool Mo Fo.

In any event, I get a certain amount of **** tossed my way whenever I admit to liking Def Leppard. Most of the members here probably can't stand them and would be happy to tell me so.

No worries, girlie. It's nice to have a thread where we Heartlanders disagree for a change. Anyway, I'm just mad cos when I tried to get tickets for their NYC show in August it was sold out, and I'm taking it out on you guys. Chalk it up to repressed anger. :wink: