Beware of Aspirin

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

So the thing is that i was taking an aspirin a day for the last one month and now i have the damn tinnitus(ringing sounds in the ear) because of that.
I have a very slight form of tinnitus for almost 10 years-never been a problem i even stopped noticing it but since Aspirin is ototoxic – it causes destructive damage to the structure of the ear, specifically to the cochlea. Now there is this second humming sound detectable before i go to sleep.
I hope it will somehow go away but all i wanted to say is try to avoid day by day aspirin take.It is fuckin' annoying and there is no damn cure for
tinnitus.
Last edited by damagedone on 04 Dec 2012, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
Keep Music Evil
nowayjose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

That sucks, thanks for the warning. I've had a high-pitched whistling in my left ear since April and, like you, I rarely notice it anymore. The expedient strategy seems to be to ignore it and relax, and the brain will eventually filter it out as 'unimportant' (there is no known cure and remission appears to be spontaneous). Wikipedia says, ototoxicity by Aspirin is reversible, so hopefully you'll get rid of it soon.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm allergic to aspirin.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

ah I just bought quite some in the US. ugh
DOZMEISTER
Road Kill

I take one Aspirin a day and will do for the rest of my life, (i have had a heart attack) I cant recall mention of this side effect. I do take a special type that does not damage the stomach if used for a long time maybe thats why.
Still you have my sympathy.