PLYC Mish/Neffs 2013

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Especially for Weebles and the rest of us clowns,The Mish team up with The Nephilim again next year for four dates in December.

Dec 14th GLASGOW
Dec 15th LEEDS
Dec 17th BIRMINGHAM
Dec 18th BRIXTON

Reckon I'll give Glasgae a miss but do the other three.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

So that's December 2013? Otherwise it's a bit short notice!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
BigPhil
Amphetamine Filth

Seems to be an ongoing trend to announce gigs a year or so in advance now. Very considerate of the bands to give you the opportunity to cough up your hard earned dosh so far in advance, thus allowing them/the promoters/venue etc. to play with the money in the meantime...greed greed greed :| Bit surprised that :von: hasn't announced the 2015 Farewell Tour dates yet :innocent:
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:So that's December 2013? Otherwise it's a bit short notice!
[Cough] thread title [cough/]
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"

we fall to rise
RockNRoll Mercenary
Amphetamine Filth

I'd like to see The Nephilim but The m*****n can do one...
'Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future'- Oscar Wilde
I'll see you tomorrow.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

ribbons69 wrote:
markfiend wrote:So that's December 2013? Otherwise it's a bit short notice!
[Cough] thread title [cough/]
:oops:
I fail reading comprehension.
;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Alec
Road Kill

Saw both bands this year and thoroughly enjoyed both gigs. Deffo up for the Leeds date!
My bands:

http://dawnofelysium.co.uk - gothic rock
http://suicidebycop.co.uk - post-punk / new wave rock
NickW
Amphetamine Filth

Any idea on price yet ?
Just one of the pesky kids
Gripper
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

26 quid plus 3.90 booking fee. So that's 30 quid.

30 quid. 30 sodding quid. So that means I'm not going.

THIRTY SODDING QUID :x
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Gripper wrote:26 quid plus 3.90 booking fee. So that's 30 quid.

30 quid. 30 sodding quid. So that means I'm not going.

THIRTY SODDING QUID :x
That's about ten quid less than the Mish/Cult tickets cost this year,and I'd much rather have the Neffs than Astbury's bunch any day of the week.

we fall to rise
Alec
Road Kill

Yeah, the Mish/Cult gig was a right royal rip-off and to add insult to injury, they moved it to a Monday night in Manchester then Killing Joke pulled out. Still, the m*****n were fantastic that night and the Nephilim played a blinder in Leeds. I would say it is worth £30 of anybody's money if they were both to repeat the quality of performance.
My bands:

http://dawnofelysium.co.uk - gothic rock
http://suicidebycop.co.uk - post-punk / new wave rock
NickW
Amphetamine Filth

Definite ly worth a punt at £30 but may wait until after xmas when I ''may' possibly have cash again
Just one of the pesky kids
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Will be at Glasgow. £30 seems a fairly average gig price to me.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

BigPhil wrote:Seems to be an ongoing trend to announce gigs a year or so in advance now. Very considerate of the bands to give you the opportunity to cough up your hard earned dosh so far in advance, thus allowing them/the promoters/venue etc. to play with the money in the meantime...greed greed greed :| Bit surprised that :von: hasn't announced the 2015 Farewell Tour dates yet :innocent:
That is hilariously cynical.

Maybe replace "greed x3" with "necessity x3" ...?
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Maisey wrote:
BigPhil wrote:Seems to be an ongoing trend to announce gigs a year or so in advance now. Very considerate of the bands to give you the opportunity to cough up your hard earned dosh so far in advance, thus allowing them/the promoters/venue etc. to play with the money in the meantime...greed greed greed :| Bit surprised that :von: hasn't announced the 2015 Farewell Tour dates yet :innocent:
That is hilariously cynical.

Maybe replace "greed x3" with "necessity x3" ...?
Seconded, for many bands ...

No so for the bit about :von: ... pretty joking, Big Si, :evil: :twisted: ... though I think, The Sisters definitely know better since 2003 at the latest!
Anyway, predictability of annual appearances on seasonal occasions can do more harm than well for bands as much as for events
depending on their variety and/or profile.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

BigPhil, not BigSi

Greed, necessity- it's just semantic, depends where you stand.
As we know FOTN they may or may not play gig(s), so this year in advance is waay to soon.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i think the reality is that promoters are wary of putting on old "revival" bands. they encourage them to book gigs early and announce dates ASAP so they can see how tickets sell in the months leading up to the gig...

if early sales are not going as well as anticipated, this gives promoters the option of moving to a smaller venue (eg: the cult/mish/kj's original "stadium" gigs being downsized to large concert halls) or just cancelling the gig altogether, both with plenty of notice for the public (also allowing the promoters to put someone else on).

i think people are assuming the bands have more say on this than they really do... especially the kind of old bands we're talking about.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Quiff Boy wrote:i think the reality is that promoters are wary of putting on old "revival" bands. they encourage them to book gigs early and announce dates ASAP so they can see how tickets sell in the months leading up to the gig...

if early sales are not going as well as anticipated, this gives promoters the option of moving to a smaller venue (eg: the cult/mish/kj's original "stadium" gigs being downsized to large concert halls) or just cancelling the gig altogether, both with plenty of notice for the public (also allowing the promoters to put someone else on).

i think people are assuming the bands have more say on this than they really do... especially the kind of old bands we're talking about.
You're probably right ... :wink: ...

@Bartek
oh yes ... :oops:
Big Si
School Bully

Being645 wrote:@Bartek
:lol: ;D

Thanks Bart 8)
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Big Si wrote:
Being645 wrote:@Bartek
:lol: ;D

Thanks Bart 8)
Image Image ... Image ... :lol: ...
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:i think the reality is that promoters are wary of putting on old "revival" bands. they encourage them to book gigs early and announce dates ASAP so they can see how tickets sell in the months leading up to the gig...

Whilst this is undoubtably true,I think that if t'mish and the Nephs can pretty much fill venues like Leeds Academy on their own,they ought to be able to do it together.

we fall to rise
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Only heard about this last night & was presently surprised at the double header tbh. As both have headlined Leeds O2 in the last year or so, it's a good bill for £30 imo.

Saw FOTN loads of times in the 80s but this will be the first time since Bradford 1990.

Rumours that they will headline on alternate nights........surely the Mish on last in Leeds?
Give me one good reason
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Interesting brief article in the new edition of Vive le Rock quoting both Wayne and Carl saying that the bands "compliment" each other (surely they meant "complement" but with WH you never know) ! He was also jesting about the feat of getting Carl up North again against his natural instincts. Talking of his plans for the year, he was saying that the Mish are planning to record a new album with Dave Allan in the spring. That's one person happy with the production on FALAA then.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

One will obviously be in Leeds.
While a hometown gig in raintown is desirable two nights on the trot would kill me.
KILL ME.
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Interesting brief article in the new edition of Vive le Rock quoting both Wayne and Carl saying that the bands "compliment" each other (surely they meant "complement" but with WH you never know) ! He was also jesting about the feat of getting Carl up North again against his natural instincts. Talking of his plans for the year, he was saying that the Mish are planning to record a new album with Dave Allan in the spring. That's one person happy with the production on FALAA then.
More on the new Mish album here in case anyone's interested not for me, I'm afraid) :

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2013/0 ... september/