Yer First & Last Sisters Gig...

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
markreed
Amphetamine Filth

NEC 27.6.92
Camden 11.2011

Many times inbetween...
lsind
Road Kill

1st time: Clermont-Ferrand 29 Nov. 2011 (celebrated the anniversary 2 days ago by watching the videos available on youtube)
last time: Amphi Festival 21 Jul. 2012

It took me 27 years of appreciation and patience + a costly transatlantic flight to finally get to see them in what used to be my home town... I still don't regret it a slightest bit. And Amphi was great too i.m.o..
And I would definitely go and see them again. Even if it's obviously not the same as seeing them in the 80's, but they wouldn't play France at the time and I was too young to travel abroad on my own...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

radiojamaica wrote:My first was Pukkelpop 1992 when they were headlining after The Beastie Boys, Public Enemy, Magnapop, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds etc... That day changed my life 8)

Last gig was that same Amphi Thing in Cologne...
Seconded...on all parts! :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:My first was Pukkelpop 1992 when they were headlining after The Beastie Boys, Public Enemy, Magnapop, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds etc... That day changed my life 8)

Last gig was that same Amphi Thing in Cologne...
Seconded...on all parts! :D
Great minds & all that ;D
in dub we trust
Mother Russia
Road Kill

First was Wembley 1992. Last was probably Glasgow Barrowlands in 2000.
edit - also saw them in 2003 at Barrowlands
Steven Eloot
Road Kill

First : Gent Sportpaleis 16.05.1991
Last : Köln Amphi 21.07.2012
Total : 77 in 13 different countries
Best : Almost all of them and far too many to mention, but absolute top gigs were Gent 1991, Amsterdam 2006, Leamington 2010 and Budapest both nights 2011
Worst : Nothing in particular but Paris 2006 could have been better
Missed chance : AE could have done "Under the gun" with Lisa at Amphi
Next : the first one that will be announced in Europe or Middle East
T-shirt collection : 125, original as well as bootleg
Meeting Andrew : Vienna (2005), Leeds (2011) and Helsinki Airport between Helsinki gig and flight to Japan (2011)

Yes, indeed while we're waiting for the next one to arrive
SteBacchus
Amphetamine Filth

First was by accident (wasn't a fan then, was just on a night out with a friend) 83 or 84 ish (can't remember) Nottingham
First proper NEC '92
Last Leeds '11 (both nights)
I don't doubt and I don't take direction....
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

DocSommer wrote:First: Hamburg 2001 (2nd night IIRC)
Last: Amphi Festival/Cologne 2012
Best: Mera Luna 2010/Suikerrock 2008
Worst: Hamburg 2009/Hamburg 2006
First: M'era Luna, Hildesheim, 12 Aug 2000 (Premiere of Crash And Burn)
Last: Amphi, Köln, 21 July 2012
Best: Tilburg 2011 - bloody brillant!
Worst: Düsseldorf 2003
Special: Both Nights in Leeds, 2003
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

San Francisco Kabuki 01 June 1985
Philahelphia Roundhouse 31 Oct 2008

(the Kabuki tape everyone's got was my recording... nothing to brag about quality wise)
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
Skip Intro
Road Kill

Yeah good question wait a little while for my reply okay thanks
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

First: Detmold, 29/05/1984
Last: Amphi Cologne, 21/07/2012
Best: Detmold '84 and RAH '85
Worst: I don't know, but presumably one the late 1990's gigs I've attended
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
Paulito
Road Kill

First - Birmingham NEC 1993
Last - Manchester Academy 2003
Best - Manchester Apollo 1997. Great,great night and AE seemed to genuinely enjoy the gig. Perfect sized venue. He was crystal clear vocally too...big difference from 2003.
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

paint it black wrote: i got excited for a moment yesterday during 'pointless' but only a moment. i think it has sometihng to do with moving on. having seen the best of something why hang around for the worst?
Did anyone see a comment from Chris the other day, where he used their appearance as a question on Pointless as partial justification for The Sisters continued relevance to the world at large. (That and increased attendance at gigs in the last year - which i concede he probably has a point on)
Pista
Cureboi

Must have missed that
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

bearskin wrote:
paint it black wrote: i got excited for a moment yesterday during 'pointless' but only a moment. i think it has sometihng to do with moving on. having seen the best of something why hang around for the worst?
Did anyone see a comment from Chris the other day, where he used their appearance as a question on Pointless as partial justification for The Sisters continued relevance to the world at large. (That and increased attendance at gigs in the last year - which i concede he probably has a point on)
So their appearance on a quiz show about obscurity proves their relevance to the world at large... You get the impression Chris hasn't actually got the hang of Pointless yet, don't you?
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.