Kraftwerk 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Silver_Owl
The Don

http://www.kraftwerk.com/concerts/index-concerts.html

Figured this may be of interest to some of you.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Pista
Cureboi

Flippin' 'eck!!
:eek:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
radiojamaica
Overbomber

that is something!
in dub we trust
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Silver_Owl
The Don

My good lady wife asked me what I wanted for Xmas yesterday about 2 minutes after I'd seen this. :D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

60 quid ain't THAT steep, and my birthday is on Feb 7 th hmmmm :)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
oneiros
Road Kill

Last saw Kraftwerk at the Brixton Academy in 2004; despite being largely composed of video projections and (presumably) pre-recorded audio tracks, I'd rank it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Can't wait!
blackandgold65
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:60 quid ain't THAT steep

IZ.
No it ain't, compared to tickets for the Rolling Stones recent little outing!!!

Last saw Kraftwerk in 91 @ Brixton, so am quite tempted...

But I am a little worried as to what the acoustics are like in the Turbine Hall - anyone been there for gigs?

If I were to venture out, it would be for either TEE or Man Machine.
"I think insipid music is very dangerous. It's a narcotic for the nation as you very well know."
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Stonking, might be worth a trip down to the smoke for, assuming tickets haven't already vamooshed. As for which night, you can't really fail at any.

You can't dance to them though can you? Bit like Massive Attack or The Sisters in that respect (you can lurch and wobble and mosh to the Sisters, but that's not dancing). I imagine a big room full of nodding heads with the odd shoulder twitch. ;D
blackandgold65

from Tate website: "Tickets go on sale Wednesday 12 December 2012 at 07:30 GMT. We expect these events to be extremely popular, so there is a four ticket limit per person for a single show and it is not possible to buy tickets for the whole series. This is to ensure a greater number of people get to experience Kraftwerk at Tate Modern."
"I think insipid music is very dangerous. It's a narcotic for the nation as you very well know."
Being645
Above the Chemist

The Dusseldorf dates are all sold out.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c81X6BiI0Y

Definetly interesting back then but pretty boring to watch them live nowadays imo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xteo7LaKaeQ

Watching someone doing his tax return isn't less interesting visual-wise ;D

Well, some might say the same about the sister, but hey...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

DocSommer wrote: Definetly interesting back then but pretty boring to watch them live nowadays imo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xteo7LaKaeQ

Watching someone doing his tax return isn't less interesting visual-wise ;D
Yeah but how great is that?! Never seen them so I'm definitely up for one of the dates, that's the xmas list sorted. 8)

Vocals-wise, they make Von sound like Celine Dion.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Seen them twice (once in 2005 and once a couple of years ago) and imo they come so frakkin' close to perfection it's scary! No, not scarry, it's just awesome :D

Static performance? Oh aye, but they sound better than anyone else, have good visuals and have so many brilliant songs it's scary. No not scarry, awesome :wink:

I'm gonna have a think about that TEE or MM date in that there London...

My 2 pence & all that.
in dub we trust
Silver_Owl
The Don

Well I'm planning on going to the TEE date if either of you fine fellows fancies a meet up. :D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Debaser
Overbomber

Last time I saw them was June 1981 @ Rock City.

It's a big old space to fill the Turbine Hall but the acoustics are much better than you'd imagine.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Hom_Corleone wrote:Well I'm planning on going to the TEE date if either of you fine fellows fancies a meet up. :D
I'd probably have plumped for MM but it really is all good so TEE it is, I'm in Steve. 8) I've asked Matt if he's up for it too, shaping up nicely.
Holly_DelRey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

:eek: I'm going to be envious of anyone who gets to go see them this tour.
I simply cannot afford a trip to London to see them & the buggers don't have any Canadian dates :?
:notworthy:
🇨🇦 🔁 🇺🇲
Silver_Owl
The Don

Planet Dave wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:Well I'm planning on going to the TEE date if either of you fine fellows fancies a meet up. :D
I'd probably have plumped for MM but it really is all good so TEE it is, I'm in Steve. 8) I've asked Matt if he's up for it too, shaping up nicely.
:D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
million voices
Slight Overbomber

I saw them at Rock City in June 81 and again at Manchester in March 2004.
The second time - describing it is four old blokes playing stylophones in front of their holiday snaps but when your there it is f**king amazing.

When you see the DVD you do wonder exacly how much they ARE actually playing and how much is backing track.

As to this time around hmmm....
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
blackandgold65

After much discussion and sorting of lifts and beds for the night, a posse has been assembled and we are gonna hit the enter button on Weds for first choice MM...if that fails, TEE...if that fails The Mix.

Then it's all back up to Londinium again on 21st Feb for Savages @ Electric Ballroom.

Jolly good. :D
metal on metal
Amphetamine Filth

blackandgold65 wrote:But I am a little worried as to what the acoustics are like in the Turbine Hall - anyone been there for gigs?
I saw Throbbing Gristle there a few years ago and it sounded pretty fine to me.

Definitely going to try to get to one of these gigs. If I don't manage to get a ticket, though, they're playing Sonar in Barcelona next June and I've already got my ticket for that!
Randall Flagg

After missing out on the MOMA shows this is a must gig see for me.

Saw them in Sheffield (City Hall) in (I think 81) and never experienced an audio sound like it since. Astonishing concert.

Now all I need to do is wake up at 7 and choose tween TEE and MM and hope the web servers can cope with the inbound.

Flagg
Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg wrote:After missing out on the MOMA shows this is a must gig see for me.

Saw them in Sheffield (City Hall) in (I think 81) and never experienced an audio sound like it since. Astonishing concert.

Now all I need to do is wake up at 7 and choose tween TEE and MM and hope the web servers can cope with the inbound.

Flagg
looks like I spoke too soon, their servers are already having log in problems.....
Silver_Owl
The Don

Randall Flagg wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:After missing out on the MOMA shows this is a must gig see for me.

Flagg
looks like I spoke too soon, their servers are already having log in problems.....
Indeed. Servers are still not playing ball it would appear. :(
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.