Donnie Darko, help please

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

Sorry folks, in a bad mood tonight, a friend gave me DVD to watch and I don't think it's going to be my scene, one of these "you must see's" like that drekk Bowfinger, last night.
Anyhoo I stuck it on and all was B+W, when I finally sorted the TV/DVD interface out, it didn't look like what I was expecting, in fact I may enjoy this. Have heard loads of "loved it, but didn't understand it" reviews.

Any Heartlanders got feelings on this movie?

ps. I hated Mad World first time out, the drippy version that hit the top at Christmas, I will keep my council on.
Last edited by James Blast on 19 Jan 2004, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Sunsonic
Amphetamine Filth

"loved it, but didn't understand it"
certainly rings true
is a good film but you have to be in the mood to watch it
One life all I need
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Sunsonic wrote:is a good film but you have to be in the mood to watch it
I really liked it. I don't even think you have to be in the mood for it beforehand, as it sucks you in.
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
James Blast
Banned

mugabe wrote:as it sucks
I agree :lol:

How to be quoted out of context pt.1 :roll:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
mh
Above the Chemist

I actually thought it was quite good, if a little too much on the weird side. But then, I'm a sucker for The Killing Moon.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Ginger
Amphetamine Filth

The bunny rabbit (Frank) represents divine intervention. Keep that in mind together with the references to time travel and the plane engine that fell on Darko's house that didn't appear to come from any known aeroplane (notice also Frank had lured him out of the house at this point). Throw that lot together at the end and you should be able to understand it.

I thought it was a great film btw.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i loved it.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Andy TG
Overbomber

Mrs Goth and Myself thought it was a great film. I did get the feeling that the writer and director is a BIG of David Lynch!

Anyone with a opinion on this 'theory'?
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

you're prob right, ATG..
i'd never seen a teenage boy put his hands down his own pants before..... sheltered life?
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
zigeunerweisen
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Red Sunsets wrote:
Any Heartlanders got feelings on this movie?
Well, hum, i really like Killing Moon, so it wasn't a complete waste of time. :kiss:
James Blast
Banned

Well I watched this crock of $hit again, this time with director and leading man commentary on and I still think it sucks.
~ Peter Steele
christophe
Overbomber

sounds like I have to see this movie!
:)
Another Shade of You.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Oddly enough, Donnie Darko was one of the films playing last night on the monitors at my fave goth/industrial hangout. The sound was off, obviously, but the DJ had turned on the closed-captioning, so I was able to read the dialogue, at least. I was totally mesmerized; I *have* to go rent it now. :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
James Blast
Banned

Ah gie up!
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

:P :P :P :twisted: :kiss:
James Blast
Banned

Ah! you're bi-lingual Sinny, didn't think many outside of the 'Weegie' environs would get that :wink:
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Red Sunsets wrote:Ah! you're bi-lingual Sinny, didn't think many outside of the 'Weegie' environs would get that :wink:
Ahahaha!!! Are you kidding?! I've spent enough time here at ol' Heartland to become acquainted with *lots* of regional UK speak.

In fact, I recently shocked a waiter and several of my co-workers when, at lunch one afternoon, I correctly identified the waiter as not only hailing from the north of England, but as a Geordie as well. He was seriously freaked out - as were my co-workers, when he confirmed the fact that he was indeed from Newcastle. Do I rule, or what? :wink: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :von:
James Blast
Banned

Ah gie in Sin :(
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Red Sunsets wrote:Ah gie in Sin :(
Awwwww... :wink: :kiss:
James Blast
Banned

'least it rhymed :(
~ Peter Steele
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Its been a long time since I saw it. But as far as I can remeber I really liked it.
myspace.com/lynchfanatic