Happy 2013, Heartland!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

La Shir wrote:First of all:

A very happy new year to all of you!

8)

Second:

As a newby, I think I should say a virtual "Hello" to everybody and let you know, that I'm glad to be here finally (better late than never). ;D
Your first point : seconded
Your second point : wilkommen. Cool website. Trust you will be adding HL to the links section :wink:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

SINsister wrote:
*Squeezes for my Ems* ;D :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
right back atcha, sister! *loves sinnie* :notworthy: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

welcome, la shir. have some painkillers and a coffee. :D
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
La Shir
Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:Hello La Shir & happy new year.

Hey!

That rhymes ;D
Yeah...and it's a literarily premium-class kind of rhyme. ;D

Thank you all for your warm welcome! Should take me some time to get into things, as I'm not a native speaker, so please be gentle with me. :P I will do my very best.

I read through several posts and I absolutely dig your kind of humour. :lol: So I think will feel extremely comfortable here... :D
Pista
Cureboi

La Shir wrote:
Yeah...and it's a literarily premium-class kind of rhyme. ;D

Thank you all for your warm welcome! Should take me some time to get into things, as I'm not a native speaker, so please be gentle with me. :P I will do my very best.

I read through several posts and I absolutely dig your kind of humour. :lol: So I think will feel extremely comfortable here... :D
Dive in & let's have some funtime ;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Don't worry about not being a native speaker, many of us are not as well. It's the passion that keeps us all together ;D
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
La Shir
Amphetamine Filth

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:

8)

Second:

As a newby, I think I should say a virtual "Hello" to everybody and let you know, that I'm glad to be here finally (better late than never). ;D
Your first point : seconded
Your second point : wilkommen. Cool website. Trust you will be adding HL to the links section :wink:
Thank you! It went online a couple of days ago, so there's still lots of work to be done (like... adding HL to the link section for example! :wink: )

@emily: I'm actually having a coffee right now :D. As for the painkillers: I'd prefer some tranquilizers or a well mixed white russian. ;D
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i never specified which sort of painkillers :wink: whatever works
Being645
Wiki Wizard

8)

Second:

Hi La Shir, Happy New Year and welcome! ... Your first decision for the new year has obvisiouly been a very good one ... ;D ...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Happy 2013 HL-ers! 8)
"as we walk on the floodland"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Good Moaning.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

Happy New Year all.

And welcome La Shir...I'll join you in a White Russian. :D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Holly_DelRey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

A belated HNY everyone ;D

8)

Second:

Welcome to the forum La Shir :D
🇨🇦 🔁 🇺🇲
La Shir
Amphetamine Filth

@Being 645: I agree!! :) Let's hope, it will stay this way. A year full of :?: like the one to join you guys over here finally, sounds pretty promising to my ears...

So...how did y'all spend your first day in 2013? (Besides having a hangover breakfast (in case your stomach was already able to accept some vitamins - mine wasn't for example :P :roll: ) and listening to :von: of course ;D )
La Shir
Amphetamine Filth

Hom_Corleone wrote:Happy New Year all.

And welcome La Shir...I'll join you in a White Russian. :D

Thank you and.... CHEERS! 8)

@sweetcheeks: Thanks! :)
Silver_Owl
The Don

La Shir wrote: So...how did y'all spend your first day in 2013? (Besides having a hangover breakfast (in case your stomach was already able to accept some vitamins - mine wasn't for example :P :roll: ) and listening to :von: of course ;D )
I went for a nice big walk in the sunshine. :)

By the way, I don't think you've been asked the question yet -

You Could Be The One - Yes or No? :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
La Shir
Amphetamine Filth

Hom_Corleone wrote:
La Shir wrote: So...how did y'all spend your first day in 2013? (Besides having a hangover breakfast (in case your stomach was already able to accept some vitamins - mine wasn't for example :P :roll: ) and listening to :von: of course ;D )
I went for a nice big walk in the sunshine. :)

By the way, I don't think you've been asked the question yet -

You Could Be The One - Yes or No? :wink:

Good choice! Fresh air helps to clear ones mind and is good against a headache aswell... When I'm visiting my Mum I sometimes walk through the forest nearby and sit down on a bench in the middle of nowhere, which is extremely inspiring. I ended up writing almost 60 pages of my new novel there. :P

As for the question: well I'm not a 100% sure, if my "reading between the lines" and "compounding" skills went into the right direction here but I think I got the point and I'm afraid but...the answer is: NO :wink:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I didn't get out of bed until this time yesterday... and today I'm back in work. Talk about culture-shock. :urff:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

all the best for 2013. i hope that all those who need to get rid of the (bad) albatross will get rid of him this years.

new year's eve was fantastic- i got terrible fever (with shakes and so), so i had to to bed at 10 p.m.; fireworks did got me off the bed. jan. 1st 2013, 6 a.m.- fever struck back, so overall it was hot night.

this should be my song of new year's eve.
Last edited by Bartek on 02 Jan 2013, 15:20, edited 1 time in total.
christophe
Overbomber

happy 2013 everyone!
Another Shade of You.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

@ markypopsfiend - your tweetering amuses me
Back in time
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The night was good. Until 1am family time with fireworks and stuff, after that straight to a nice club for a dose of Sisters, Cure and rest of the bands (strangely, do not remember that they played any of The m*****n songs).
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

emilystrange wrote:@ markypopsfiend - your tweetering amuses me
;D I try my best.
—Bertrand Russell
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

my account's private tho, so you wouldn't see my pithy and erudite replies. if i could think of them.
Pista
Cureboi

Private?

Oh pooh!
:(
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

La Shir wrote:So...how did y'all spend your first day in 2013? (Besides having a hangover breakfast (in case your stomach was already able to accept some vitamins - mine wasn't for example :P :roll: ) and listening to :von: of course ;D )
Three words: World of Warcraft. :lol: :von: I had several missions left to accomplish for the Xmas holiday achievement; took me nearly all day and about 6 battlegrounds to complete. The violet proto-drake WILL be mine in 2013, oh yes! :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :innocent:

No hangover to speak of, even though I was engaging in solo drinking most of the night. My NYE consisted of last-minute movie plans (007, don'tcha know :wink:) with a co-worker and her brother; if I'd not gone, I'd have been stuck here in the house all alone, all evening. Wasn't really invited to Dad's gf's fancy-dress NYE 'do, you see... :evil: *Sigh* :cry:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry: