Heartland Meet 2013: Suggestions

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

May ALL our paths cross again, girls! :D

:kiss:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

timsinister wrote:May ALL our paths cross again, girls! :D

Ah, that would be lovely indeed (HA! :P - Ed.), dear Tim!

Heeeeey, what say you lot to an official HL get-together in 2013? Just sayin'... :innocent: :wink: ;D
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
La Shir
Amphetamine Filth

SINsister wrote:
timsinister wrote:May ALL our paths cross again, girls! :D

Ah, that would be lovely indeed (HA! :P - Ed.), dear Tim!

Heeeeey, what say you lot to an official HL get-together in 2013? Just sayin'... :innocent: :wink: ;D
That is an awesome idea!! I planned to explore several parts of the UK in 2013 anyway and I'd be amazed to join you! (in case you guys allow me to...I mean: I'm a newby so maybe I have to pass some extremely mean tests, before I'm allowed to be in your respectable company...who knows!)

:notworthy: :D :lol: :P
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

location tbc
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

we used to do meet-ups every year or so in leeds but they started clashing with the sisters live tours, so barring a few die-harders (andrew s & claire, for example :notworthy:) not many people had the time or money spare to travel to leeds :(

however, if you're around in leeds on saturday 23rd march, there is this:

Kick In The Eye - a night of 80s goth
http://www.facebook.com/events/139725962849651/?fref=ts

the last 3 were rather good fun. i'm one of the djs, and there's usually a few heartlanders in attendance :D

here's a thread about the first one we did last year:

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=575988
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
La Shir
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:we used to do meet-ups every year or so in leeds but they started clashing with the sisters live tours, so barring a few die-harders (andrew s & claire, for example :notworthy:) not many people had the time or money spare to travel to leeds :(

the last 3 were rather good fun. i'm one of the djs, and there's usually a few heartlanders in attendance :D

Was that hint adressed into my direction? If yes: :notworthy: and thanks alot for the information!!
March & April are not so budy regarding work and so this period of time offers a great opportunity for me to travel around. I will do my very best to be there. Sounds like alot of fun! :D 8)
Pista
Cureboi

La Shir wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:we used to do meet-ups every year or so in leeds but they started clashing with the sisters live tours, so barring a few die-harders (andrew s & claire, for example :notworthy:) not many people had the time or money spare to travel to leeds :(

Was that hint adressed into my direction? If yes: :notworthy: and thanks alot for the information!!
March & April are not so budy regarding work and so this period of time offers a great opportunity for me to travel around. I will do my very best to be there. Sounds like alot of fun! :D 8)
I think it's aimed at everyone. A big do is long overdue ;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

during that time I am either in the US or in South Africa :(
RockNRoll Mercenary
Amphetamine Filth

I'd like to go to this, it's my sort of night out and it'd be good to meet some of you :) depends if I'm working in the other end of the country or not.
'Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future'- Oscar Wilde
I'll see you tomorrow.
La Shir
Amphetamine Filth

emilystrange wrote:one week before easter hols! but another do would be acest. i never knew you had to pass a test - i just turned up and got hugged. :D
Acest? What does that mean? :oops: Comparison from "ace"? (Haha...being on board here has some extremely educational side effects. My english skills improve automatically! :D )

As for the test: I was joking...you guys are much nicer, than expected! :lol:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

yup! ace, acer, acest!
we're alright, on here. watch out for full moons and the week before payday.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Silver_Owl
The Don

<split from the Happy New Year thread>
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Hom_Corleone wrote:<split from the Happy New Year thread>
good thinking :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

La Shir wrote:As for the test: I was joking...you guys are much nicer, than expected! :lol:
Ahahaha! :twisted:

Just kidding - we are really very nice! Well, most of us, that is. :lol:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Quiff Boy wrote:however, if you're around in leeds on saturday 23rd march
Probably not, sadly. :(

I was kind of hoping for another "glorious summer" 'do, like the sort from HL's yesteryear... :wink: ;D
Being645
Wiki Wizard

SINsister wrote:
La Shir wrote:As for the test: I was joking...you guys are much nicer, than expected! :lol:
Ahahaha! :twisted:

Just kidding - we are really very nice! Well, most of us, that is. :lol:
Yes ... ;D ... all of us, most of the time ... :lol: ...

SINsister wrote:

I was kind of hoping for another "glorious summer" 'do, like the sort from HL's yesteryear... :wink: ;D
Summer like June or July were an option for me ... March, uh, that's still like winter ... :lol: ...
La Shir
Amphetamine Filth

SINsister wrote:

Glorious summer? Well...the pictures I saw on Hom's Facebook profile looked extremely...uhm..."glorious" indeed! :lol: :innocent: Apparently you guys really know how to party! :notworthy:

By the way: I plan to stay for a couple of days when I'll be visiting, because I want to check out Leeds and Manchester aswell (never been there and Manchester has been on top of my list for years now so it's about time 8)). So I wondered, if one of you could recommend some nice and cheap place to stay?? (like a hostel or something...) Would be lovely, if you could send me a PM, if you have any ideas! Thanks in advance... :notworthy: [/b]
Pista
Cureboi

SINsister wrote:

All over to Sinnie's gaff then? :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Pista wrote:All over to Sinnie's gaff then? :D
Sadly, Steve, I won't have a gaff after the beginning of March. :cry: Dad's just sold the family home (been here for over 25 years!), and the closing date is swiftly approaching - after which I'll be homeless, for all intents and purposes.

I may "couch surf" at my brother's place for awhile...who knows, at this point, though. Rather unsettling start to 2013, but it was inevitable - I just didn't have a concrete timeframe for it in 2012 (this all transpired within the last 3 weeks or so, though the house has been on the local real estate market since last July!).

Hence my statement in the "Resolutions" thread about possibly looking to my fellow Heartlanders for a place (or places) to hang my hat for awhile, at least temporarily; I've wanted to explore the life of an ex-pat for decades, now, and this may very well be the push I've needed all these years. ;D
Pista
Cureboi

Oh bum! :(

You thinking Europe then?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Pista wrote:Oh bum! :(

You thinking Europe then?
Aye. :(

And oh, HELL YEAH, Steve. ;D

As I chatted the other day with a local acquaintance about this very dilemma, I realized that there isn't *one single place* in the U.S. in which I have ANY desire to live. Seriously. Not one. Sure, there are some physically-gorgeous places over here (the desert, the east- and west-coast shorelines, etc.)...but there's absolutely nothing about the "culture" (:urff: :roll: :evil:) or the people that warrants my staying.

I've wanted to live abroad since childhood, as did my mom - and I really think that her demise catalyzed my urgent need to get away from this country. It no longer holds anything for me. :cry:
La Shir
Amphetamine Filth

What about checking out Germany? :innocent: ;D
(I've been travelling around quite alot around Europe and lived (for example) in Madrid for some time but...refering to european countries/cities, there is NO other place as amazing as BERLIN (Hamburg comes right afterwards)!!! -> at least in my humble opinion. 8) )
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

La Shir wrote:What about checking out Germany? :innocent: ;D
(I've been travelling around quite alot around Europe and lived (for example) in Madrid for some time but...refering to european countries/cities, there is NO other place as amazing as BERLIN (Hamburg comes right afterwards)!!! -> at least in my humble opinion. 8) )
I've heard good things about Berlin (and I could always stand to learn a 3rd language...)!

Why - do you have some spare floor space at yours, Shir? :innocent: ;D :lol:
La Shir
Amphetamine Filth

SINsister wrote:
La Shir wrote:What about checking out Germany? :innocent: ;D
I've heard good things about Berlin (and I could always stand to learn a 3rd language...)!

Why - do you have some spare floor space at yours, Shir? :innocent: ;D :lol:
I might have a floor space not only in Berlin (as I'm "switching" between Münster (-> my hometown in the "Ruhrgebiet") and Berlin)... :innocent: ;D

PM?? 8)
RockNRoll Mercenary
Amphetamine Filth

Manchester is nice, I love going there as I only live in Crewe it's cheap, although I've never stayed in hotel either crashed at mates or stayed up all night then got first train home.
'Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future'- Oscar Wilde
I'll see you tomorrow.