AHR�YEPH

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

'White Square II', live at Porta Nigra Aarschot, 17/03/2012. Video shot by Archie Campbell.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Thanks for the vid ... looks like it does work sufficiently live ...

I missed to see Ahráyeph in Cologne ... got a ticket long ago, but couldn't manage to get there before late.
So I only saw Escape With Romeo and the Merciful Nuns ... both of which were quite good and surprising to me, though ... :wink: ...

Hope you enjoyed your gig !!!
Big Si
School Bully

Ahráyeph wrote:'White Square II', live at Porta Nigra Aarschot, 17/03/2012. Video shot by Archie Campbell.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Big Si wrote:
Ahráyeph wrote:'White Square II', live at Porta Nigra Aarschot, 17/03/2012. Video shot by Archie Campbell.
Indeed! :notworthy: 8) :notworthy:

I couldn't make the gig this time, so glad to have seen a glimpse of it now.
I have been listening a lot to Marooned on Samsara lately and I'm looking very much forward to the next one...
in dub we trust
Pista
Cureboi

I see our Raf's got a new release

Maiden By The Sea (live)

:notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
radiojamaica
Overbomber

their set at the Wave Gotik Festival in Leipzig was upped on Dime too! Well worth the download, of course.
in dub we trust
Pista
Cureboi

radiojamaica wrote:their set at the Wave Gotik Festival in Leipzig was upped on Dime too! Well worth the download, of course.
Missed that one.
Rectified now ;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Pista wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:their set at the Wave Gotik Festival in Leipzig was upped on Dime too! Well worth the download, of course.
Missed that one.
Rectified now ;D
Same here. Thanks for the hint !
Pista
Cureboi

Anyone seen this?

https://www.facebook.com/ahrayephofficial
Did a remix job on one of the 'Samsara' songs tonight, in my opinion, the most overlooked gem on there. Sounds much more powerful and dynamic now.

Time for a giveaway. Post your guess of which song I mean below, only one guess per individual poster is allowed. The first one to get it right I'll send a digital copy in WAV format (CD quality) to for free. For everyone else, it'll be available at http://ahrayeph.bandcamp.com/ soon for the usual 1 Euro price sometime this weekend.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Nope, haven't seen it as I'm facebookless... thanx for the heads up!
in dub we trust
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Same here, thanks for the link, Pista ... :notworthy: ...

Funny, as only yesterday I was thinking about Ahráyeph and what might be going on ... :wink:
Pista
Cureboi

radiojamaica wrote:Nope, haven't seen it as I'm facebookless... thanx for the heads up!
Me too.
I replied on twitter, but must have picked the wrong track :(
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Pista wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:Nope, haven't seen it as I'm facebookless... thanx for the heads up!
Me too.
I replied on twitter, but must have picked the wrong track :(
I won't reply, I'm not on Twitter either :lol:

But aren't all those songs overlooked? I go for End 2 - Insight...
in dub we trust
Pista
Cureboi

https://www.facebook.com/ahrayephoffici ... 2039868755

:(

edit>
Posted : October 11th, 2012

AHR�YEPH BACK TO BAND STATUS!

*** Literally at the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of October, the unlikely has happened : Ahráyeph is back to band status. A message from Raf follows...

"When I put out the message on October 8th, I never thought I would be eating those words - or at least half of them - a few days later. Because it was financially unfeasible to keep Ahráyeph going in a band format, after essential hardware had been repossessed (which, incidentally, has happened as I type this), and I am - still - lacking the funds to replace it, Ahráyeph as a live band was essentially over and done. The sadness that came with that realisation was beyond words, even though it did shine through in my message. I am NOT apologising for this, this is who I am. I would also like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who sent a message of sympathy and support the past few days. I appreciate it enormously, more than you may know.

Cue to literally the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of this month, when a veritable miracle happened, in the sense that a source who wants to remain anonymous has generously replaced the missing hardware, free of charge, no strings attached. It needs a few upgrades to be able to function the way it needs to for Ahráyeph live gigs, but with this hardware, we can be a live band again, even if we remain on the lookout for a new guitar player, and hopefully a bass player as well.

There are two people I need to thank for this miracle : Ness and her boyfriend Thomas. If not for her perseverance to keep the band going and his connections, this wouldn't have been possible. They literally saved the band. As said, I was always going to keep making music, and Ness would also have been part of that, but now it is possible to build up a band again. More than anything, I am immensely relieved. I can't say I'm filled with joy, because the last couple of months have taken so much out of me that happiness barely registers at this time. And besides, Goths aren't supposed to be happy anyway. But the fact remains that this is a miracle that happened and Ahráyeph is a band-in-the-making again. You will be able to see us live in 2013 after all.

As for a new album, that I remain steadfast about : there won't be one, because there's no money to make one. I would love to put together a new album, but unless I can secure the necessary funds, you will only see Ahráyeph songs being released on Bandcamp. It's still better than no music at all. And who knows, another miracle might happen and there might be an album after all eventually. Hope springs eternal...

R." ***
Phew!!
:D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Wowsa...

So no more new album, but live shows aren't out of the picture per se.

It's good to see ARF's still going in one way or another. I wish you luck!

That reminds me that I need to check that remix on bandcamp...
in dub we trust
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

I really need to come around here more often...

Ok, so everyone probably knows there isn't a band anymore and it's just me. For those who didn't, the long story short : sacked the incompetent guitar player who messed up our WGT gig (and just about every other gig he played with us, except the very last one), then essential live equipment was lost due to financial trouble and contrary to earlier reports hasn't been replaced so far and finally Ness, our keyboard player, decided at the end of last year to work on her private issues and decided she couldn't commit to the band any longer. And with that, I can no longer be arsed to put up with all the ego mania that comes with having a band and the grief that goes with it, even if I'll miss playing live terribly. Yes, I will.

But there is new music. There will always be new music. Just not in a tangible, CD shaped form. And it can be found here, some covers included. One already pleased Steve. ;D All to be had for 1 Euro each. How 'bout that now? More to come soon. Check it out...
Pista
Cureboi

That is sad news, but really glad to see the trickle of new stuff & the artwork is lovely.
I look forward to the twitter updates eagerly.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Ahráyeph wrote: But there is new music. There will always be new music. Just not in a tangible, CD shaped form. And it can be found here, some covers included. One already pleased Steve. ;D All to be had for 1 Euro each. How 'bout that now? More to come soon. Check it out...
Nice ... ;D ... always stay alive, Raf ... 8) ...
Pista
Cureboi

Ordered & posted the linky on TheCureCommunity too :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Promo video, with previews of several songs...
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

And a pop up audio player, previewing all the songs in full, on the ahrayeph.be news page...
Pista
Cureboi

Ahráyeph wrote:And a pop up audio player, previewing all the songs in full, on the ahrayeph.be news page...
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Meat Whiplash
Road Kill

Fuckin' ace!
It's all such a dreary fiction.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Cool ... ;D ...