Favourite TV Shows

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

Huh, I think this has been started before.... anyway, contribute if you wish.

As for me, I can always go for:
  • The King Of Queens
  • Futurama
  • The Simpsons
  • Home Improvement
  • Monty Python (sometimes)
  • The Black Adder (sometimes)
  • Almost anything with scientific or historical content
Jan
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

oh christ. someone kill this quick before i lose it.... mr chairman?
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
James Blast
Banned

Malcolm In The Middle

and RJ if you don't like this, ignore it.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

Red Sunsets wrote:and RJ if you don't like this, ignore it.
and disappoint my adoring public? i couldn't possibly.

it's not like we haven't been over this before and yet nobody can actually give me a good reason as to why i should tolerate threads like this. i see heartland (and other fora of its ilk) as a sort of twenty-first century equivalent of nineteenth century private members' clubs. a place where like-minded souls may gather and indulge in conversation, debate and the trading of witticisms. which makes threads such as this the equivalent of a bunch of people standing in a corner listing things.

why not make some effort to explain why whatever-it-is is your favourite whatever-we're-supposed-to-be-discussing? at least that might provoke some level of lively debate. hell, make enough of an effort and i might even join in...

and to return to my club analogy, if i choose to be the curmudgeonly old git who sits in the corner and moans at everybody else neither you nor anyone else (save our good lord quiff and his designated minions) has any right to tell me to behave otherwise.
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

RicheyJames wrote:and to return to my club analogy, if i choose to be the curmudgeonly old git who sits in the corner and moans at everybody else neither you nor anyone else (save our good lord quiff and his designated minions) has any right to tell me to behave otherwise.
Ever caught a snippet of "Black Books" on the telly, Richey? Excellent show, should be right up your alley.
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
Thea
Overbomber

my favorite show of all time is doctor who because i think there's no better entertainment than seeing monsters made out of cardboard and spaghetti chasing extras in strangle polyester clothing around a set made of tinfoil.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

I couldn't help but laugh at this.........As I scrolled down, I just KNEW that the second post would be Richeys!!!!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy:
Only a paand.
hallucienate
Overbomber

Sexygoth wrote:I couldn't help but laugh at this.........As I scrolled down, I just KNEW that the second post would be Richeys!!!!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy:
You're cheering Richey on and you didn't even use and apostrophe? tsk tsk. :roll: :roll:
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

mugabe wrote:Ever caught a snippet of "Black Books" on the telly, Richey? Excellent show, should be right up your alley.
bernard black - living the dream!
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

hallucienate wrote:
Sexygoth wrote:I couldn't help but laugh at this.........As I scrolled down, I just KNEW that the second post would be Richeys!!!!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy:
You're cheering Richey on and you didn't even use and apostrophe? tsk tsk. :roll: :roll:
keep up the good work hal. but do try to avoid typos in posts correcting others or we get accused of hypocrisy.
hallucienate
Overbomber

RicheyJames wrote:
hallucienate wrote:
keep up the good work hal. but do try to avoid typos in posts correcting others or we get accused of hypocrisy.
hey, I never claimed to be on your team (or wanting to be). Just a pointer to your, ummm, supporter.

my all-time favourite TV series is South Park (for the dick and fart jokes), although my current favourite is League of Gentlmen.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

d00mw0lf wrote:my favorite show of all time is doctor who because i think there's no better entertainment than seeing monsters made out of cardboard and spaghetti chasing extras in strangle polyester clothing around a set made of tinfoil.
GO GIRL!!!!!!

and babylon 5 in huge dollops.

Paddy.

.... and yes..... weve done this before more than once.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

hallucienate wrote:
Don't bother :roll:
Only a paand.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

hallucienate wrote: my all-time favourite TV series is South Park (for the dick and fart jokes), although my current favourite is League of Gentlmen.
Did you get it when we blamed Canada for our outbreak of mad cow disease?

:wink:
hallucienate
Overbomber

Black Planet wrote:
hallucienate wrote: my all-time favourite TV series is South Park (for the dick and fart jokes), although my current favourite is League of Gentlmen.

possibly
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

hallucienate wrote:
Black Planet wrote:

possibly

Nice one Hal!
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

RicheyJames wrote:oh christ. someone kill this quick before i lose it.... mr chairman?
Oh well, as if any rant would make it better... well then, never mind. :P

Jan
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Jan,

dont worry, you are among friends, albeit some picky ones !!!

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
mh
Above the Chemist

RicheyJames wrote:if i choose to be the curmudgeonly old git who sits in the corner and moans at everybody else neither you nor anyone else (save our good lord quiff and his designated minions) has any right to tell me to behave otherwise.
Who's in good form today?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
mugabe

Jan wrote:
RicheyJames wrote:oh christ. someone kill this quick before i lose it.... mr chairman?
Oh well, as if any rant would make it better... well then, never mind. :P
You have to atone by finding the mathematical significance of Bender's serial number.
Miramir
Road Kill

Richey..are you Manero in another life..? :lol:
Please don't ask me why I'm here. Something deeper brought me than a need to remember
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Favorite tv shows?

I Claudius
Poldark
All Creatures Great and Small (Flop Butt is classic)

on a more sci fi level
Star Trek
Babylon 5
Outer Limits
I won't go on cause I can't remember but my fav channel is Sci Fi.

On a food level

Jamie's Kitchen, or any of his shows
Tyler Florence...sigh...He's such a cutie
Emeril..he can say Cr*p on TV and get away with it.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Black Horizon wrote:The Young Ones
Bottom
South Park
Beavis And Butthead
Father Ted
No, No this can't be....
I can't_like_the_same_stuff_as_he............nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooo

Oh cool, that rhymed. Paddy, look see I can do it....I'm great me............
Only a paand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

I did it again.........GOD I'M GOOD!!!!!!!!!

BUT has anyone seen Basketball?????

The best comedy film EVER
Only a paand.
mugabe

Sexygoth wrote:BUT has anyone seen Basketball?????

The best comedy film EVER
Sure about the title? You're not thinking of "Basket Case", are you?