Sisters top Best Goth Rock Band list

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Another day, another list. This guy clearly has a penchant for female vocals, but I for one wouldn't argue with his top two !

http://www.411mania.com/music/columns/275469
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

I'm missing Joy Division in there, who were not really a goff band but their attitude was much darker than that of mostä bands who consider them as goff :notworthy:

However, the Sisters on top is great and it's nice that Inkubus Sukkubus made it on the list.
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
christophe
Overbomber

and what about The Cult?
Another Shade of You.
Pista
Cureboi

& the Banshees?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

To be fair to the guy, he does explain the omission of JD under the Sisters entry. As for The Cult, they were more rock than goth by the second album of that version of the band. But if you're counting The Cure as goth, then the Banshees (with or without Robert Smith) would have to be in there too.
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

More than just a list - it also has poll potential...

"Andrew Eldritch may or may not be (depending on who you talk to) one of the most arrogant and pretentious men in rock..."

Where do I vote...!
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

That "arrogant and pretentious" thing is just standard music-journo laziness though isn't it. But "shy perfectionist" doesn't make as good a story.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
GC
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:That "arrogant and pretentious" thing is just standard music-journo laziness though isn't it. But "shy perfectionist" doesn't make as good a story.
I think 'lazy industrialist' would be more fitting nowadays.
La Shir
Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:& the Banshees?

True!! I was wondering what "Lacuna Coil" are doing in that list, when the S & The Banshees are missing? :eek:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

La Shir wrote:
Pista wrote:& the Banshees?

True!! I was wondering what "Lacuna Coil" are doing in that list, when the S & The Banshees are missing? :eek:
Dearly missed, indeed... :? ...

It remains of course a matter of perspective, which band is the real goth of goth, if one would need such categories.

Anyway, at least the author managed to define this circle somewhere beyond The m*****n ... ;D :lol: ...