The Badgerhood - Not Giving Ground

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Emerald Green
Road Kill

Hi folks - hope you don't mind me posting this here.

I'm involved in the national campaign against the English Badger Cull, due to begin in June 2013. A pal of mine came up with this design and we thought it would make a great T-shirt and perhaps a good way to raise funds for action against the killing.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/nualabu ... ing-ground

All profits from the sales of this T-shirt will go to West Yorkshire Hunt Saboteurs who will be taking non-violent direct action to stop the cull in West Gloucestershire and West Somerset this Summer.

Huge thanks to anyone who decides to make a purchase and join 'Goths against the Cull' :D every penny donated counts!

You can find out more about the proposed culling at http://www.teambadger.org.uk/

Original artwork by Michael at http://www.moonmaiden-gothic-clothing.co.uk
True Love Doth Pass Away
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Emerald Green wrote:Hi folks - hope you don't mind me posting this here.

I'm involved in the national campaign against the English Badger Cull, due to begin in June 2013. A pal of mine came up with this design and we thought it would make a great T-shirt and perhaps a good way to raise funds for action against the killing.

All profits from the sales of this T-shirt will go to West Yorkshire Hunt Saboteurs who will be taking non-violent direct action to stop the cull in West Gloucestershire and West Somerset this Summer.

Huge thanks to anyone who decides to make a purchase and join 'Goths against the Cull' :D every penny donated counts!

You can find out more about the proposed culling at http://www.teambadger.org.uk/

Great T-Shirt design, Emerald Green ... :lol: ;D :notworthy: ...

Btw, the link on teambadger's website does not go directly to their petition ... The PETITION is here...

I had, of course, signed it but it's for UK citizens only. Anyway, good progress! ... :D ...
Emerald Green
Road Kill

Being645 wrote:
Emerald Green wrote:Hi folks - hope you don't mind me posting this here.

Great T-Shirt design, Emerald Green ... :lol: ;D :notworthy: ...

Btw, the link on teambadger's website does not go directly to their petition ... The PETITION is here...

I had, of course, signed it but it's for UK citizens only. Anyway, good progress! ... :D ...
Thanks Being645! Happy to help spread awareness and, hopefully, raise a smile and a few bob too :wink:
True Love Doth Pass Away
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

There's a tiny rumour going around that security costs may yet sink the badger cull. The police can't wait to give the government a poke in the eye at the moment and are unwilling to help, meaning either DEFRA or the NFU will have to stump up the cash.
I'd like to see more publicising of the report that claimed that lax hygeine standards and abuse of the tagging system were more to blame for bovine TB than badgers, but for some obscure reason despite giving the world CJD and being more heavily subsidised than the miners ever were,anything the farming industry in England says, goes.
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
million voices
Slight Overbomber

I have an ambivalence towards badgers

My main worry is that if the cull does go ahead they will end up in my lasagne
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

million voices wrote:I have an ambivalence towards badgers
Yeah, I can't say that they are at the top of my list of "Things I'll worry about this morning" either.

Having said that, the word 'badger' is in my lexicon - mostly in the phrase "Mad as a Badger", so mebbee they are subliminally semi-important to me.

I do wonder why people pick on one particular species/animal to try and save - isn't it about all God's creatures living in harmony? I reckon if I spent too much time worrying about the poor badgerlets, that I'd be neglecting the lesser-spotted fire ant for example.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I signed the petition against the badger cull a long time ago. There's no reason to suspect that the cull will do any good in preventing bovine TB at all; indeed studies suggest it could make things worse. So they'd be killing thousands of badgers for no reason at all.

But like DeWinter says, the farmers in this country say "jump", the government asks "how high?" :|
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
million voices
Slight Overbomber

Possible slogans for future t-shirts :-

Cull Me And Harry My Young
Utterly Badger Groovy
Jesus Loves The Setters
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Emerald Green
Road Kill

million voices wrote:Possible slogans for future t-shirts :-

Cull Me And Harry My Young
Utterly Badger Groovy
Jesus Loves The Setters
For those who understand the unhealthy relationship between the NFU (The Stop the Cull campaign cannot get access to emails between NFU & DEFRA despite Freedom of Information requests as they are deemed 'internal communications' - say no more), The Countryside Alliance and the government... Tune in, Turn on, Paterson Out
True Love Doth Pass Away
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

In the running for my favourite T-shirt of all time (excluding my Lucretia one)
Signed. T-shirt ordered. Thank you!

Go the Badgerhood!
Next gig t-short sorted :lol:
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
EvilBastard
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:...indeed studies suggest it could make things worse. So they'd be killing thousands of badgers for no reason at all.
Quite apart from which, a cull would cause a glut of badger bristles on the world market and sink my embryonic high-end shaving-brush business. You've not lathered up until you've lathered up with Billy Bastard's Bastard Badger's Bastard Bristle Bastard's Brush.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The Isle of Man has no badgers.
The Isle of Man has bovine TB.
Case closed.

Also, while driving over to some friends who live near Bridlington a couple of weeks ago, I noticed a suspiciously large number of "road-kill" badgers. I am reliably informed that this is because a lot of badgers are actually being shot illegally and dumped in the roads to make them look like road-kill.

Bastards.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
EvilBastard
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:The Isle of Man has no badgers.
The Isle of Man has bovine TB.
Case closed.
[Conspiracy Theory] The Isle of Man has tail-less cats, which are even more conniving and devious than regular cats. They are in league with the badgers, and sneak out at night with tiny syringes to inject the cows with bovine TB, thereby making people believe that it has nothing to do with the badgers at all. The plan is that the cats and the badgers will hold the world's burger stock to ransom (apparently badgers like cheezburgers just as much as cats do) unless the government stops the cull. The recent spate of incidents of non-cow in purportedly cow products was an attempt by the government to cover up this Machiavellian plot and convince the population of the non-existence of this plan, but the badgers infiltrated the world's media and exposed the cover-up. The badgers are also in league with Weebl and Bob, and have harnessed the power of the innertoobz to propagate their message.[/conspiracy theory]

Oh yeah - and some weird fishy alien-types are the only things that stand between us and subjugation under the fuzzy paws of the cat/badger alliance.

"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol: :notworthy:
—Bertrand Russell
iesus
Overbomber

I thought that the recipe for cheezburgers was heavily changed last years and excluded cow meat from them... :roll:
I have read that other animals like horses, raindeers, badgers etc took its place ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

if you have ever been unfortunate to be driving a car and hit a badger you will know that A) they don't half make a mess of your motor B) they themselves are not a pretty sight -certainly they don't appear as if they have lain down neatly at the roadside and gone to sleep. fucking farmers are a law unto themselves. :evil:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

To be fair, from what I understand, a large proportion of independent farmers are opposed to the cull too. It's the big agribusiness lot who are pulling the government's strings on this. (Surprise surprise)
—Bertrand Russell
iesus
Overbomber

It's the same all around the planet, mostly small independent farmers have no big problem with the animals surround their small piece of land they do their job. It is the capitalists and firms of agriculture and a small part of independent that think they are capitalists (although the firms and capitalists would like to make a cull on them too, but they let them live for the moment cause they are more interested to cull the badgers first before they take their turn to cull).
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
NickW
Amphetamine Filth

nearly a month after signing the petiton an actual signed letter from my MP!!
Just one of the pesky kids