Slightly depressed.... (CBPOB)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Pista wrote:The best The Cure forum on the interwebs is about to close its doors for ever.

:cry:
blimey :o
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Pista wrote:The best The Cure forum on the interwebs is about to close its doors for ever.

Very bitter. And why? :?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

for the last few years CCC has been one of the most active and well-maintained band fan forums on the web.

i always admired ceho and his team's work on keeping the content up to date and adding new features...

in truth i always wondered where he found the time! as it transpires, he doesn't have the time :(

i sympathise with what ceho must have been going through. having such a strong online personal presence and 'persona' can be difficult for partners and loved ones to understand. let alone when that eats up all your spare time :urff:

steve: please pass on my regards and my sympathies to the rest of the CCC crew. i understand what ceho must have been going through and how hard it must have been for him to make the decision to turn it off.
Last edited by Quiff Boy on 11 Mar 2013, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Being645 wrote:

bitter?? i assume something is lost in translation there...?

as for why, maybe you should read this before you start saying you're bitter about it.

http://www.cureconnections.com/announce ... tions.html

quite frankly, it's not your call to make. it's ceho's and his alone.

unless of course something is lost in translation and that's not what you meant :o :roll:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Quiff Boy wrote:
Being645 wrote:

bitter?? i assume something is lost in translation there...?

as for why, maybe you should read this before you start saying you're bitter about it.

http://www.cureconnections.com/announce ... tions.html

quite frankly, it's not your call to make. it's ceho's and his alone.

unless of course something is lost in translation and that's not what you meant :o :roll:
Thank you for the link.

I've read it all now. I find it very saddening, (even as I'm not a member of that forum or a fan of The Cure).

Of course, the decision is alone with ceho! And I can easily understand his reasons.

Maybe, there's something lost in translation, but I can't see it for I am on the other side, trying to do my best ... :( ...
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Quiff Boy wrote:
i sympathise with what ceho must have been going through. having such a strong online personal presence and 'persona' can be difficult for partners and loved ones to understand. let alone when that eats up all your spare time :urff:
i can relate to that, and i bet i don't do half that's done there.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Pista
Cureboi

Quiff Boy wrote:

steve: please pass on my regards and my sympathies to the rest of the CCC crew. i understand what ceho must have been going through and how hard it must have been for him to make the decision to turn it off.
Thankyou.
I'll make sure they know.
Bit shell shocked really. :(
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

The past 2 nights I've been hoping to see that comet passing by.
But it's so overcast I'm not even sure where the sky is. I'm presuming it's still up?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Pista wrote:The past 2 nights I've been hoping to see that comet passing by.
But it's so overcast I'm not even sure where the sky is. I'm presuming it's still up?
Yeah I've been having the same problems. :|
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

comet gonna be see from northern hemisphere 'till 20 march, as far as i remember. but also here all days all nachts clouds prevent us from see this comet.
Pista
Cureboi

But I think it's at it's brightest only for a couple of nights & tonight (AFAIK) was to be the last "bright" showing
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

don't get depressed, it's gonna back. in 110k years. trust in dog. trust that human race will not exterminate themselves. but seriously i heard solution- buy ticket for nacht flight (WizzAir :wink: ).
Pista
Cureboi

Bartek wrote:don't get depressed, it's gonna back. in 110k years. trust in dog. trust that human race will not exterminate themselves. but seriously i heard solution- buy ticket for nacht flight (WizzAir :wink: ).
:lol: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Very pissed off by getting a "talking to" about some work I did being late... when the reason it's late is that someone else in the team hasn't done their job. I handed it over for testing a week ago; it's not my fault the fcuker hasn't tested it.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote:Very pissed off by getting a "talking to" about some work I did being late... when the reason it's late is that someone else in the team hasn't done their job. I handed it over for testing a week ago; it's not my fault the fcuker hasn't tested it.
A slappin's too good for 'em!

Slap 'em anyway :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Very pissed off by getting a "talking to" about some work I did being late... when the reason it's late is that someone else in the team hasn't done their job. I handed it over for testing a week ago; it's not my fault the fcuker hasn't tested it.
It strikes me that we may have the same boss...
"Why wasn't this client project done when they sent it over in October?"
"Er...probably because it (a) isn't my client, (b) wasn't sent to me, and (c) I was on holiday at the time."
"I need you to complete it by the end of the day."
"Come again? Why aren't you telling the person whose account it is? I can do it, but someone will need to finish the project that I'm already doing for one of my clients."
"No, you need to do it. The client has been waiting for 6 months."
"So, it won't hurt if they wait another few days, then."

<bing> Calendar invitation to discuss my "attitude problem" on Friday

FFS :urff:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
AshenLight
Road Kill

Just found out the woman of my dreams is getting married (to someone who isn't me). She's my best friend, and we have a complicated history of being involved at times, but we live about as far away from each other as is possible within the United States. To top it off, she's moving to Australia...

Of all the rotten luck :x
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

That's a bummer AshenLight and welcome by the way.

============

The problem with my workshy colleague is that even though everyone knows he's a total waster, no-one can do anything about it because he bleats about "workplace bullying" any time he gets a dressing down. He's had time off for "stress induced by bullying" before now.

What makes it worse for me is that I still don't know if my temporary contract is to be extended for another year from July and complaints about the not-done work have gone to my manager's manager's manager. I worry that I might not have a job in 4 months time because of this other cnut's incompetence.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

Cripes Fiendy!!

Fingers crossed mate.

CPOB a blizzard that just appeared overnight.
It was a quite clement day yesterday & now it looks like Alaska outside.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I have well and truly covered my arse on this sending emails to all and sundry "this work is pending action from (the guilty party)". If he can drop me in it, I can return the favour. :twisted:
—Bertrand Russell
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I remember a Mash article claiming most modern British management is run by the children who weren't told "No!" by their parents often enough and are now quite unable to deal with being told it.
In my own experience it always goes like this after refusing an unreasonable demand:

Firstly it's shocked silence, like the dog has suddenly learned to speak.
Then with an expression of outraged indignation they say "Well, I'm sorry but this has to be done.."

You then repeat why you can't do what they ask.

Then it's the "You shall regret this.." glare and the slightly raised voice with a threat about "performance reviews" with bollockspeak like "Taking one for the team/ team player" and "110%" peppered into the following lecture.

If you ever want to get sacked, you can do what I did and ask why they can't do this highly important task themselves if it's so urgent and that you'll give 110% when they offer to pay you 110%. It's worth doing at least once when you're fairly young and getting ditched doesn't matter so much.
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
christophe
Overbomber

:lol: thanks, but no thanks DeWinter :wink:

overall I can't complain about my job (ignore my last post :innocent: )
the biggest issue is the fact my direct supervisor can't cope with stress, even though we hardly have work to fill the day he insist that we are undermanned and unable to complete our tasks.
even though we have no problem what so ever.

mostly its not a big thing, but there are days like today. (witch brings us to my cbpob :P )
I had an opportunity to do something different and very interesting tomorrow, but my supervisor pulled some strings so that I will be doing my old job. :roll:
Another Shade of You.
AshenLight
Road Kill

markfiend wrote:AshenLight and welcome by the way.
Thanks. I'm actually not brand new though. Rather, my account was apparently purged inadvertently--wish I could say that was the worst thing that's happened lately ;)
Being645
Wiki Wizard

AshenLight wrote:
markfiend wrote:AshenLight and welcome by the way.
Thanks. I'm actually not brand new though. Rather, my account was apparently purged inadvertently--wish I could say that was the worst thing that's happened lately ;)
Fortunately, in either cases it's not the end of the day ... :wink: ...

Welcome back, AshenLight ... :) ...
NickW
Amphetamine Filth

Group depression therapy has started and seems intially a retrograde step . feeling more broken than I have done for a long time and have damged the relationship with my children ( who live with the ex) and have also put some friendships in jeopardy due to my recent change in both demeanour and ability to cope
Just one of the pesky kids