The Ultimate Dreamer (Heartlander publishes novel)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Andie wrote:Thanks...that adequately answers my round about question...I have the kindle app, but I've never actually used it....just used iTunes. I'll sort out syncing my Amazon n kindle accounts and download...
timsinister wrote:Nice work man, happy to support a Heartlander as they say - will be taking a copy myself!

:notworthy:
Pista wrote:app installed, book bought

:D
Thanks all. And Pista, you may yet get that signed copy: I've decided to go ahead with the print version while there's interest. It'll take some time though as, for obvious reasons, it's a longer process.
Debaser wrote:a friend of yours posted it on the Julian Cope site.
Thanks for letting me know. Do you have a link for that, just so i can see it out of curiosity. And try to work out who posted it. (I have an idea but no-one's mentioned it.)
Was that you? Thanks. (Took me a while to find it cos the thread name's changed to "Currently reading")
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Debaser
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:

Thanks for letting me know. Do you have a link for that, just so i can see it out of curiosity. And try to work out who posted it. (I have an idea but no-one's mentioned it.)
http://www.headheritage.co.uk/headtohea ... c/68317/#7
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Don't have a Kindle, unfortunately, but "looked inside" at Amazon.

;D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Debaser wrote:
stufarq wrote:

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/headtohea ... c/68317/#7
Cheers. She's making up her own copy there but it's all publicity.
SINsister wrote:Don't have a Kindle, unfortunately, but "looked inside" at Amazon.

;D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
You don't need a Kindle. You can download the free Kindle app and read it on your PC, laptop etc. Print edition's still several weeks away just cos of the timescales involved.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Well, after much thought and a talk with a friend, I think I've sussed out how to make the whole unsocial networking thing work for me. So, to my deep shame and embarrassment, I now have a Farcebook fanpage. I had planned to keep it quiet until I had a proper profile photo (shoot on Tuesday) but it's slipped out so I may as well give everyone the link now. If you're already au fait with the Farcebook thing then you'll know what to do (unlike me - I haven't the foggiest). If you're not already a part of it then there's still hope for you. Run before it's too late!

https://www.facebook.com/StuartFarquhar ... izard=true
Pista
Cureboi

stufarq wrote:

Thanks all. And Pista, you may yet get that signed copy: I've decided to go ahead with the print version while there's interest. It'll take some time though as, for obvious reasons, it's a longer process.

Was that you? Thanks. (Took me a while to find it cos the thread name's changed to "Currently reading")
Yeah, I didn't realise we had a CR thread & had to move it, but it's there :D
I tweeted it a couple of times too ;)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Pista wrote:
stufarq wrote:

Yeah, I didn't realise we had a CR thread & had to move it, but it's there :D
I tweeted it a couple of times too ;)
Many thanks. A Twatter account is, sadly, on my list of things to do.
christophe
Overbomber

I'm in for a printed version too :D
Another Shade of You.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

christophe wrote:I'm in for a printed version too :D
Coming. Eventually. A few things to sort out first, all tedious and time consuming. But definitely happening.

By the way, I genuinely am a Farcebook novice and am still getting to grips with it so bear with me if I haven't responded to you in the socially accepted way. If you've sent me a friend request and I haven't responded, it's because you use a different name there that I'm not familiar with. If that's happened, let me know. If I should have liked your page or comment or hairstyle then give me a nudge cos I really am clueless and am trying to set up a bunch of other promotional stuff too. I'm not deliberately being ignorant - I'm just ignorant of what people expect. And how the damn thing works.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

I'm now on Twatter spouting inane drivel. That'll be the place to get progress reports on the paperback until it actually comes out.
https://twitter.com/WStuartFarquhar#

And here's my Amazon Author Central page. Not much there as it's a fairly limited page but the biog might amuse and feel free to start a discussion.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B00C8WSQEA
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote:Always happy to support a HL'er.
I see from your Twatter that you do origami. We should talk sometime. Or rather you should talk and I should listen as you're clearly way more advanced than me.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I do indeed do origami. It's something I first started years ago but I've properly got into it since quitting smoking; it gives me something to do with my hands.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

I tend to do mine in phases. Haven't done any for a while but will probably use it as therapy once all the madness of trying to pretend that I'm a successful writer has died down.
psichonaut
Overbomber

<- no e-book
waits the book

congrats Stu
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

psichonaut wrote:<- no e-book
waits the book

congrats Stu
Thanks for the congrats.

Are you saying that you don't do ebooks and are waiting for the print copy? The proof copy should arrive next week. Assuming I approve it there and then, I think it goes on sale a couple of weeks later. So hopefully the first week of May but still TBC.

And there will be a competition to win a signed copy. (Yes, I feel a fraud saying that but this is the sort of stuff you have to do.)
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I will most certainly buy it when released in hardcopy :) I look forward to it.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Pista
Cureboi

Keeping my eyes peeled for the mega rare Greek limited to 1 copy with free t shirt & packet of biscuits edition on evil bay.
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
LyanvisAberrant

Pista wrote:Keeping my eyes peeled for the mega rare Greek limited to 1 copy with free t shirt & packet of biscuits edition on evil bay.
:notworthy:
You forgot signed...
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
psichonaut
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:
psichonaut wrote:<- no e-book
waits the book

congrats Stu
Thanks for the congrats.

Are you saying that you don't do ebooks and are waiting for the print copy?
this is what i mean, i'm not a techie man
stufarq wrote: The proof copy should arrive next week. Assuming I approve it there and then, I think it goes on sale a couple of weeks later. So hopefully the first week of May but still TBC.

And there will be a competition to win a signed copy. (Yes, I feel a fraud saying that but this is the sort of stuff you have to do.)
i'll be happy of a copy in english waiting for the translation :wink:
psichonaut
Overbomber

Pista wrote:Keeping my eyes peeled for the mega rare Greek limited to 1 copy with free t shirt & packet of biscuits edition on evil bay.
...and it will be delivered by a 1,85 cm blond and very easy girl :lol: :lol:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

LyanvisAberrant wrote:I will most certainly buy it when released in hardcopy :) I look forward to it.
Thank you. The proof copy's on its way to me now so hopefully won't be too long.
If people start bootlegging it then I'll know I've made it.
psichonaut wrote:i'll be happy of a copy in english waiting for the translation :wink:
If anyone fancies having a go at a translation then feel free. Cos I'm afraid that's what you'll be doing it for: free. If I had the cash to pay for a translation (and I really wish I did) then I'd also pay for professional typesetting, formatting etc. But in the DIY spirit, I seriously wouldn't object if anyone took it upon themselves to do a translation. Of course, I'm leaving myself open to all sorts of hi-jinks and merry japes there.
psichonaut wrote: ...and it will be delivered by a 1,85 cm blond and very easy girl :lol: :lol:
1.85cm? She's tiny!
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

I now have a website, pompous as that may sound. Come on over to enter the competition to win a signed copy of the forthcoming paperback. (Signed copy? Who does he think he is? But this is the stuff you've gotta do innit?)
http://www.stuartfarquhar.co.uk

And The Ultimate Dreamer is now listed on Good reads. If you're a member there you can write a review, recommend it to a friend, start a discussion etc.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1783 ... te-dreamer
Syberberg

I'll wait for the print copy please as I have no Kindle. I like the way books smell.
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
splintered thing

No Kindle here, but will await ye olde paper!!
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Thanks chaps. Paper coming very soon.