Heartland as is...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

What a moribund board this is.

No mention of James Herbert, Roger Ebert or even Iain Bank's impending death.

A vaguely interesting thread about conspiracy theories gets shut down before it's even started, for what reason I don't know.

The death of Margeret Thatcher goes down the same route as the Amy Winehouse thread, and that was despicable and shameful enough.

Mr Blast turns up slags off one of the more interesting posters on the forum (DeWinter) and not once gets called out on it, what a jolly laugh that was! I'm suprised he didn't bitch slap poor Being645 while he was on his way out it to be honest, he seemed to make a hobby of that.

What's gone wrong here? got nothing to talk about? nothing to say? Got caught up in that post modern ironic stance that's so cool these days?

I havn't been here for a while, but I've been a member for over ten years, and what a sad f**king state of affairs it is.

I'm off and I'm sure I wont be missed.
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

zaltys7 wrote:What a moribund board this is.

No mention of James Herbert, Roger Ebert or even Iain Bank's impending death.

A vaguely interesting thread about conspiracy theories gets shut down before it's even started, for what reason I don't know.

The death of Margeret Thatcher goes down the same route as the Amy Winehouse thread, and that was despicable and shameful enough.

Mr Blast turns up slags off one of the more interesting posters on the forum (DeWinter) and not once gets called out on it, what a jolly laugh that was! I'm suprised he didn't bitch slap poor Being645 while he was on his way out it to be honest, he seemed to make a hobby of that.

What's gone wrong here? got nothing to talk about? nothing to say? Got caught up in that post modern ironic stance that's so cool these days?

I havn't been here for a while, but I've been a member for over ten years, and what a sad f**king state of affairs it is.

There's a story I heard once about these three blind beggars. One day they decided that they would all go out to beg whatever food they could, then meet up and pool whatever food they'd found and have a meal together.
One of them was given a chicken, another a bag of carrots, the third a bag of onions. At the end of the day they all got together to cook up a big stew. They put a pot of water over the fire, and each of them started to put their food in.
The first one thought, "Why should I share this chicken with the others? I know - I'll drop some stones in so they'll hear the splash, and then I'll eat the chicken on my own later." And so he did.
The second one thought, "I don't want to share my carrots - I'll drop in some stones so they'll hear a splash, and I'll eat them later."
The third one thought the same, and dropped in some stones so that his friends would hear the splash and think that he dropped in the onions.
When the "stew" had cooked for a while, they poured it into their bowls and ate it in silence.

I think the moral of the story was, "Stew is a lot like life - you only get out of it what you put into it." You could start a thread about Iain Banks, or James Herbert, or Roger Ebert. The conspiracy theory thread was shut down at the originator's request - it did seem to be going off the rails a bit, but maybe that's just the sort of people who comment here. The Thatcher thing I thought was quite well-controlled, given the strength of feeling about the woman.

And Blast - well, he's Blast. An acquired taste, maybe, like really ripe cheese, but that's a lot like life too - you meet all sorts of people, you can't reasonably expect to get along with everyone all the time. Why didn't you slap him down if you felt so inclined?

If it's night all around you have two choices - light a candle, or curse the darkness.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Keep Music Evil
Pista
Cureboi

So you waited 10 or so months since your last post to say that?

Maybe if you looked further than page one of this board, you'll stumble on something more up your alley. After 10 months I guess quite a few topics have been started.
Like the RIP Iain Banks thread for example.
That Blast & DeWinter have polar opposite views on Mrs T only serves to fuel discussion really &, in fairness, the offer to take it to PMs was there IIRC.

So why not stick around & help make it less "moribund"?
:wink:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Well said @EvilB and @Pista . I thought the Thatcher thread was one of the better General Chat ones for a while.
As for the Forum being moribund, the Stats link (top right above) reveals that there have been more posts for each of the first three months of the year than there were last year, when there were actual gigs to discuss. There's still a lot fewer than the heyday of the late 90's (before my active time on here) but I suppose that is to be expected.
What surprises me is that there is enough to keep the Sisters Chat going when the band themselves are moribund.[[/b]
psichonaut
Overbomber

zaltys7 wrote:What a moribund board this is.
it's normal sometimes to miss arguements IMO
but it's natural take a breack, lack of arguments
zaltys7 wrote:

you are an Adam Kadmon supporter? :twisted:
zaltys7 wrote: I havn't been here for a while, but I've been a member for over ten years, and what a sad f**king state of affairs it is.

someone said once:
all are important but none is needful :innocent:
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

zaltys7 wrote:Mr Blast turns up slags off one of the more interesting posters on the forum (DeWinter) and not once gets called out on it, what a jolly laugh that was!
No-one else bit so he went away quickly. Better that than prolong it.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

I fully second all that has been responded here before ...
zaltys7 wrote: I'm suprised he didn't bitch slap poor Being645 while he was on his way out it to be honest, he seemed to make a hobby of that.
Phh, thanks for you pity, zaltys7.
Let me assure you, that you're getting things very, very wrong.
Maybe reading a bit deeper, generally, could help?

Also, I had preferred that on the occasion of your eventual return after quite some time
you had at least deleted my PM to you regarding the weed you offered but never sent ... :urff: ...
million voices
Slight Overbomber

I wondered why it was such a lovely day to day it couldnt possibly be due just to the couple of hours of sunshine this morning.

No, zaltys7 has deigned to contribute to Heartland - my heart is indeed a dancer.

Are you suggesting that there is some kind of conspiracy behind the conspiracy theory thread being shut down??
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Come on people let zaltys7 have an opinion.

The thing with Blast vs DeWinter was that it happened while none of the moderating staff were around... and while I would probably have tried to step in as it was happening, I didn't see much point after the fact. That might have been the wrong decision.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:Come on people let zaltys7 have an opinion.

The thing with Blast vs DeWinter was that it happened while none of the moderating staff were around... and while I would probably have tried to step in as it was happening, I didn't see much point after the fact. That might have been the wrong decision.
agreed on both counts.

the board has had it's ups and downs, and typically it is quieter when the sisters aren't doing anything - that's the nature of the beast - but as others have pointed out, anyone can start a thread...

and no, i think you were right mark - the matter sorted itself out - not 100% satisfactorily i'm afraid, but it was resolved :?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Come on Boys and Girls,
bikering between James and DeWinter cannot be simply solved, and none them can't be 'happy' after 'dialogue'. they have deep disagreament about principal matters, ideaological stuff, so it's impossible. but one that we can ask for is some arguments, not insulting eachother. but taking matter of their disagreament it may be impossible- one can't convince another.

as for rest- holy truth and maybe even Captain Obvious visit this thread (but someone had to remind about that)