New Zealand legalises same sex marriage.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

the moment when the vote result was announced. just amazing. you won't see this sort of thing happening very often.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote:the moment when the vote result was announced. just amazing. you won't see this sort of thing happening very often.
Saw Fiendy's tweet about this

Awesome!!

:notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Wiki Wizard

emilystrange wrote:the moment when the vote result was announced. just amazing. you won't see this sort of thing happening very often.
Wow, that was a dignified welcome to the new law ... congrats and respect, New Zealanders ...

;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D ...
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

it was quite something. brought a few tears to my eyes as well as to mr fiend's.
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

New Zealand. It's a pretty cool place.
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

And now frodo and sam can finally wed :innocent: :lol:
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Great news. But it really shouldn't be such a suprise should it? It's a sign of the world we live in.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

LyanvisAberrant wrote:And now frodo and sam can finally wed :innocent: :lol:
As they say, it's not Frodo and Pam, it's Frodo and Sam.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

:notworthy:
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
iesus
Overbomber

It was obvious... Anyone could see the jealousness in Sam's eyes when Gholoum stacked between him and Frodo, especially when they climbed that stoney stairway :lol:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Pokarekare Ana is truly beautiful song - probably the most famed Maori love song - and very apt for the occasion.

The last time I heard it sung was by a (maori) guide in the depths of the Waitomo Cave. She wanted to demonstrate the amazing acoustics of the cave and stunned our small group with it.

I became a NZ citizen about a year ago - this type of thing reminds me why I did it. It's a only a wee country, at the end of the world; but it is aces.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Hom_Corleone wrote:Great news. But it really shouldn't be such a suprise should it? It's a sign of the world we live in.
the passing of the act isn't what i was talking about, it was the reaction in the chamber... what an amazing moment.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

emilystrange wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:Great news. But it really shouldn't be such a suprise should it? It's a sign of the world we live in.
the passing of the act isn't what i was talking about, it was the reaction in the chamber... what an amazing moment.
Same here. Also "sign of the world we live in" ... :? ... just take a look over the other shoulder for a moment ...