Boston

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Andie
Overbomber

Pista wrote:Looks like they've arrested someone

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/17/us/bo ... _inthenews
Or not, as it now seems there was a misunderstanding
But later, two senior administration officials and another federal official told Townsend that there had been a misunderstanding among officials and that no one has been arrested.
doesn't bode well when official sources don't know what's going on :(
Pista
Cureboi

What was it I was saying about intelligence?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The FBI have asked the media to confirm stories before broadcasting rumours. :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Not sure if I heard the news correctly, but do they now have a couple of suspects?
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Pista
Cureboi

They reckon to have identified a bloke leaving a bag on the ground via cctv footage, but that's about all I think
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
LyanvisAberrant

suspicious... :lol:
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Westboro Baptist Church apparently announced they will be in Boston at the funerals of the people killed in the attack. Anonymous has put up a "Westboro Baptist Church" page on Facebook (or hi-jacked the real WBC page)
Pista
Cureboi

Nadia81 wrote:Westboro Baptist Church apparently announced they will be in Boston at the funerals of the people killed in the attack. Anonymous has put up a "Westboro Baptist Church" page on Facebook (or hi-jacked the real WBC page)
They (WBC) really have taken trolling to platinum level haven't they?

On the FB page...http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=23498
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Crikey!

It's all happening isn't it?
Been getting bulletins all day long on the chasing of the "suspects" (or the one that didn't die at any rate).

Following @YourAnonNews on twitter.
They are all over it like a rash.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
czuczu
Overbomber

I've had bit of schizo day with Twitter - the speed of it is always amazing but so much of what's been on there today has not just been wrong but spectacularly wrong in some cases. Particularly the reddit stuff. :urff:
Pista
Cureboi

Yeah, I see that.
It's totally bonkers to the extent that the Boston PD have asked people NOT to tweet locations & positions of their people & to not tweet what they are hearing on their police scanners.

err.
Red rag to a bull.
Welcome to the internetz Boston PD
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Not to mention the confusion, on the part of a lot of tweeters, between Chechnya and the Czech Republic.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote:Not to mention the confusion, on the part of a lot of tweeters, between Chechnya and the Czech Republic.
Haha.
Yeah, I saw the statement from the Czech ambassador

http://www.mzv.cz/washington/en/czech_u ... czech.html
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

It's funny in a sad way that there are people that can not see the difference between Chechnya and the Czech Republic, at least by having a look at a world atlas, and comment on such things publicly in twitter or fb or other.
Also it is funny if you look back in the last 15-18 years who support Chechen extremists.
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
nowayjose

iesus wrote:It's funny in a sad way that there are people that can not see the difference between Chechnya and the Czech Republic, at least by having a look at a world atlas, and comment on such things publicly in twitter or fb or other
True... but I'm pretty sure, if you asked Europeans on the street what the difference between Slovenia and Slovakia is, you'd get a lot of blank stares, too. Or Washington vs. Washington DC.
iesus
Overbomber

nowayjose wrote:
iesus wrote:It's funny in a sad way that there are people that can not see the difference between Chechnya and the Czech Republic, at least by having a look at a world atlas, and comment on such things publicly in twitter or fb or other
True... but I'm pretty sure, if you asked Europeans on the street what the difference between Slovenia and Slovakia is, you'd get a lot of blank stares, too. Or Washington vs. Washington DC.
Because it made great impression when i saw it on the map for first time, i am pretty sure that the Washington vs. Washington DC. would have the funnier answers if asked from people who don't know :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Slovenia and Slovakia would be more likely to be known in the streets around me for many reasons i cannot explain in here, so zero chance of getting a funny answer except if the one asked has the mood for a good laugh with the question maker :lol:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."