Drug 'problem'

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Gripper
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I remember some time ago reading that :von: was having trouble with drugs that were beginning to do the opposite of what they were supposed to do.

Following an overenthusiastic dose of my prescription sedatives, I've been full of energy, grinding my teeth and feeling massively enthusiastic about EVERYTHING. Wh'appen?

Has anyone got any knowledge about why this should be so? Being as it's quite late in the land of lard I'll accept a wildly-concocted yet amusing theory about what's going on.

Anyway, ta very much.
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

What you've done there, Gripper m'laddo, is make the mistake of thinking that "energised" and "sedated" are at opposite ends of a single sloped line. They're actually peaks and troughs on a series of waves - just the right amount of sedatives will take you to the bottom of the trough, but too many will push you through to the opposite peak.

The only solution is to consume even more sedatives to take to you the next trough along, although this may sometimes have somewhat permanent results so I don't recommend it. Really. I don't. Marilyn Monroe tried it, didn't end so well. You're just going to have to wait for the effects to wear off so you snap back to the bottom of the previous trough.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Gripper

:eek: and :urff:

Thankyou EB

I like an explanation which I can immediately turn into a picture. Yours did the job and it was in astonishing colours too.

:notworthy: :notworthy:

Cheers.
G.
RockNRoll Mercenary
Amphetamine Filth

Maybe don't have other overenthusiastic doses in the future? Trying things once hasn't killed anyone, aside suicide bombing but that's different.
'Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future'- Oscar Wilde
I'll see you tomorrow.
Debaser
Overbomber

Gripper wrote:
Following an overenthusiastic dose of my prescription sedatives, I've been full of energy, grinding my teeth and feeling massively enthusiastic about EVERYTHING. Wh'appen?
Perhaps we should do a swapsie...my prescription stimulants (for want of a better word), are having the complete opposite reaction. It's as much as I can do to drag my sorry arse of the sofa and make a brew.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Check the side effects listed in the leaflet. They usually include the exact ooposite of what the drug does to most people. For instance, antidepressants "may cause depression". Anti-inflammatories "may cause burning or itching". Antidotes "may cause doting".
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:Antidotes "may cause doting".
In which case you should maybe think about getting some mares. Or possibly some does. But not little lambs.
Hank Moody
Debaser
Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:
In which case you should maybe think about getting some mares. Or possibly some does. But not little lambs.
a diddly divey, indeed
Gripper

Debaser wrote: Perhaps we should do a swapsie...my prescription stimulants (for want of a better word), are having the complete opposite reaction. It's as much as I can do to drag my sorry arse of the sofa and make a brew.
Commiserations. As I was taught and, indeed, went on to teach, "All medicines are drugs but not all drugs are medicines."

It seems that, as with drugs, a lot of medicines have wildly varying effects depending on person, place and time. Which is, after all, what a lot of pharmaceutical companies are making a lot of money out of.

Anyway, whatever, after 24 hours the effects had (mostly) faded.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Debaser wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:
a diddly divey, indeed
That would be a kiddley divey. Otherwise the song wouldn't make sense. Hang on, what am I saying?
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:
Debaser wrote: a diddly divey, indeed
That would be a kiddley divey. Otherwise the song wouldn't make sense. Hang on, what am I saying?
This is getting dangerously close to kiddley diddly, at which point I shall have to inform the authorities.

Apparently the song owes its origins to the composer's daughter singing "Cowzy tweet and sowzy tweet and liddle sharksy doisters." I firmly intend to call my first child Sharksy D'Oister.
Hank Moody
Gripper

EvilBastard wrote:I firmly intend to call my first child Sharksy D'Oister.
:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol:
Debaser
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:
Debaser wrote:
EvilBastard wrote: In which case you should maybe think about getting some mares. Or possibly some does. But not little lambs.
a diddly divey, indeed
A kid'll eat ivy too - if we're being perfectionists.

Wouldn't you??
Salome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

A few months ago I got hit in my head pretty hard... no concussion or anything, just unbelievable frickin' pain. After a few days, when the pain still didn't go away, I went to the doctor who gave me special pain killers. I was supposed to take a few of those a day.
After just one little pill, I felt like I was speeding :.D was so alert and couldn't sleep for like 2 days!
Needless to say I did not take any more of those, but kept them aside for special occasions ;.)
LyanvisAberrant

Salome wrote:A few months ago I got hit in my head pretty hard... no concussion or anything, just unbelievable frickin' pain. After a few days, when the pain still didn't go away, I went to the doctor who gave me special pain killers. I was supposed to take a few of those a day.
After just one little pill, I felt like I was speeding :.D was so alert and couldn't sleep for like 2 days!
Needless to say I did not take any more of those, but kept them aside for special occasions ;.)
Gimme. :eek: :eek:
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
psichonaut
Overbomber

Salome wrote:A few months ago I got hit in my head pretty hard... no concussion or anything, just unbelievable frickin' pain. After a few days, when the pain still didn't go away, I went to the doctor who gave me special pain killers. I was supposed to take a few of those a day.
send me you doc's number ;D
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i have the same with one of popular pain killer (on prescription)- so strange. (not twa days without sleeping, but lot of energy for quite a few hours.) luckily/sadly for my i haven't got migraine for months.
Prescott

Debaser wrote:
stufarq wrote:
Debaser wrote: a diddly divey, indeed
A kid'll eat ivy too - if we're being perfectionists.

Wouldn't you??
http://youtu.be/B62P6Gm9jpE
"... because we're that kind of people."
Salome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

:lol: :lol:
If there would ever be a HL meet up in Vienna- pills are on me :wink:
damagedone

A few years ago i had problems with sleep and lack of appetite.i got prescribed vitamins and Tranxene.The problem was nobody told me i wasn't supposed to drink alcohol while taking Tranxene.It was soo fuckin' bad after 4 beers.Other than that it was amazing 8)
Keep Music Evil
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i used to hang around with an exceptionally naturally hyper-active geordie who had been given ritalin for ADHD (attention-defficiency hyper-active disorder) as a kid. strangely, although a common treatment for ADHD, ritalin is technically a stimulant which is also used to treat narcoleppsy. this left him with the physiological irony of amphetamines sending him to sleep! we regularly used to spike him with whizz to shut him up when his gobshte got too much.

as with all drugs, if the effects don't suit you, don't do 'em. your body knows best.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: