I !@#$% HATE Winter!!!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

RicheyJames wrote:
Black Planet wrote:@ Richie.....How long did that New Year's Resolution of yours last? ;) You really are in fine form today.
i was doing fine until that "favourite tv programmes" thread popped up yesterday. that seems to have rather opened the floodgates...

oh, and it's richey for ****'s sake. :roll:
Honest spello there, but I am glad it pissed you off. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Richey!
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Winter is a bad of old ar*es, you have to wear clothes..........It's not at all fair!!
Only a paand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

.........And that'll be BAG <sigh>
Only a paand.
Thea
Overbomber

Black Planet wrote:
d00mw0lf wrote: oh, and LOVE the new avatar BP!
I thought you would Doomie. How's his bass playing live? Oh and his name is Jack ****, in case you didn't know. :wink: LOL Quite fitting I think.
he's pretty good live! cool as f**k. he got introduced to the croud while they had some problems with the drums in sheff...
"and this is our bassist, we call him jack sh!t... don't look at me like that! it was his idea!" :notworthy:
zigeunerweisen
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

SINsister wrote:It's freakin' *0* degrees F outside right now (that's -18C for some of you); with the wind chill, it "feels like" -20F. WTF am I doing here?! GRRRRR... :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :roll: :von:
Risking the wrath of people who live in much colder climates than myself i have to say that i love Winter.

Where exactly do you live? A couple of years ago i was in Rochester, NY, visiting a *cough* friend and i saw snow for the first time. Snow is so pretty, it really is, i loved it, loved playing with it. And then on my way to Canada and the Niagara Falls i stopped in Buffalo, NY, and it just so happened the city was under a snow storm a few days before. Now, that was a LOT of snow, so i was very happy that my next stop was Miami, but still, i loved it. New York (the state, not the city) is very beautiful i have to admit.

I'm glad i don't have to face it every year though.
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

zigeunerweisen wrote: And then on my way to Canada and the Niagara Falls i stopped in Buffalo, NY, and it just so happened the city was under a snow storm a few days before. Now, that was a LOT of snow,
Just a second there...that wouldn't have been in November of 2000, would it? Cos if so, that was the major blizzard (eight feet of snow in something like three hours) that shut down the city; a state of emergency was declared. I was working dowtown at that time and got caught in it--it took me seven hours to get home, using a combination of public transport, walking, driving, and digging the car out of snowdrifts.

Of course, Buffalo is always under a snow storm, so it might not be the same one...
zigeunerweisen

CorpPunk wrote:
Just a second there...that wouldn't have been in November of 2000, would it? Cos if so, that was the major blizzard (eight feet of snow in something like three hours) that shut down the city; a state of emergency was declared. I was working dowtown at that time and got caught in it--it took me seven hours to get home, using a combination of public transport, walking, driving, and digging the car out of snowdrifts.
Yes, that would be exactly it.
Of course, Buffalo is always under a snow storm...
That's what i've been told :D
hallucienate
Overbomber

yesterday I went for a walk up the mountain, which probably wasn't the smartest thing as i nearly passed out from the heat. I got a dizzy spell and my vision blurred. Luckily the cave at the top was lovely and cool.

Then we went to swim in the sea, which was also lovely. Body surfed all the way to the beach.

My tan is coming along fine.
Last edited by hallucienate on 12 Jan 2004, 10:39, edited 1 time in total.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

LOL
Only a paand.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

@Ziggy: Yep NY State is very pretty. I lived on a 26 acre farm in upstate NY for awhile as a child. Talk about snow!!!! I still can't believe there was a time in my life when 46 degrees F was considered balmy and warm!!!!

After living in Arizona for 15 years, I have very thin blood and can't tolerate cold anymore!!

Corpy....that 7 hour commute home much have been hell!!! We got 1/4 inch snow last friday....caused a huge traffic jam here in DC...LOL lite weights, aren't we?
Gripper

Where I live we get NO SNOW because of the local power station, NO SUN because of the local power station, and the rain has dissolved all the wildlife because of the local power station.

Consequently, we here in this particular corner of north-west England have no concept of good, bad or indifferent weather. The street lights are on all the time, the house lights are on all the time and we hardly ever open the curtains to see whether it's day or night.

Will someone lend us some of your weather for a bit? Cheers. I'll let you know how we get on.
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

your car is a dirty bit.
hallucienate
Overbomber

Gripper wrote:Where I live we get NO SNOW because of the local power station, NO SUN because of the local power station, and the rain has dissolved all the wildlife because of the local power station.

Consequently, we here in this particular corner of north-west England have no concept of good, bad or indifferent weather. The street lights are on all the time, the house lights are on all the time and we hardly ever open the curtains to see whether it's day or night.

Will someone lend us some of your weather for a bit? Cheers. I'll let you know how we get on.
you can have some of my night time weather, last night it was too hot to sleep :roll: :?
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

hallucienate wrote:yesterday I went for a walk up the mountain, which probably wasn't the smartest thing as i nearly passed out from the heat. I got a dizzy spell and my vision blurred. Luckily the cave at the top was lovely and cool.

Then we went to swim in the sea, which was also lovely. Body surfed all the way to the beach.

My tan is coming along fine.
U R Evil.
zigeunerweisen

hallucienate wrote:you can have some of my night time weather, last night it was too hot to sleep :roll: :?
Four more months and i'll be saying that as well.

Although i'm looking forward to it, the sun, girls in miniskirts and everything else that comes along with it, not being able to sleep because it's too hot is truly horrible.
James Blast
Banned

Can I halt all these 'winter postcard' dreams and just say that Glasgow, Scotchland, England is bleak, wet, windy and with very lttle daylight.
That may sound like an adolescent goth dream, but the actuallity is depressing X 10.

Thank you
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Red Sunsets wrote:Can I halt all these 'winter postcard' dreams and just say that Glasgow, Scotchland, England is bleak, wet, windy and with very lttle daylight.
That may sound like an adolescent goth dream, but the actuallity is depressing X 10.

Thank you
agreed :urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Gripper

Correct. Once upon a time I would have gladly gone out and gazed across the evening hillsides (in the rain wherever possible) at this time of year to affirm my gothness.

Now I just sit by the fire watching 'They Think It's All Over' and falling asleep, waiting until the time of year when I can go out without my knees aching.

What an old git.
Gripper

The above was ironic, but only very, very slightly.
James Blast
Banned

Gripper wrote:The above was ironic, but only very, very slightly.
Methinks this is where we all end up :(

PS. know anyone who has ever cheated the aging process, apart from Sir Clifford of Richard of course?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Gripper

Red Sunsets wrote: PS. know anyone who has ever cheated the aging process, apart from Sir Clifford of Richard of course?
Saw Alice Cooper on 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks' last night (or was it the night before? It all just blurs into one these days). He looked pretty damn fine I thought. Not sure exactly how old he is, but he looked about 40 in 1971.

Ah! 'School's Out' on TOTP! Possibly the earliest TV moment I can definitely recall seeing.
James Blast
Banned

Alice Cooper (the band and singer) were my first teenage obsession. I was so cool, I had the 'Killer' album 9 months before 'School's Out' (the single) was released, still have it too, a bit dog eared and worn out but the real deal, nonetheless :D

PS. 'Killer' had a calander in its sleeve, what was all that about?
~ Peter Steele
Gripper

Red Sunsets wrote:Alice Cooper (the band and singer) were my first teenage obsession. I was so cool, I had the 'Killer' album 9 months before 'School's Out' (the single) was released, still have it too, a bit dog eared and worn out but the real deal, nonetheless :D
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Alice Cooper used to live on Camelback Mountain in Scottsdale Arizona, as far as I know he still does (it's where the wealthiest in Scottsdale live). He runs a restaraunt in Phoenix now, known for it's bbq ribs. Alice is quite frequently there conducting quality control, ie eating. lol

I ran into him once a very long time ago at a place (huge bar) called Devil House. He was walking around with his girlfriend. I said hi to him and he was really very nice to me! I still remember that rather vividly!

Great performer, great guy in real life too.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

Beep? You met AC!?

I fainted there.
BITCH!
~ Peter Steele