Bagboy

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
czuczu
Overbomber

Linky

I really want to like it but it's not quite right
:|
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Agreed. Gets better as it goes on (I've always been a sucker for the Deal backing vocals) but sounds like an old B side. The new NIN single is equally disappointing.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

indeed. passed in background,there was nothing that made me wanna stop and listen that song.
czuczu
Overbomber

It's too long for a Pixies tune :/
They're touring in the autumn, apparently without Kim though.
Going to give the Paradiso gig a go, never been there and they've always been decent live.
I don't get the point of the NIN reunion, what was the point of that massive no more NIN tour?
Silver_Owl
The Don

I like it.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
mh
Above the Chemist

It's OK, but without Kim is it really the Pixies?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Am no fan of bagboy and I'm gonna pass on the tour this time round.
I did see them a couple of times on the previous reunion tours and those gigs were always fantastic... But no Kim is no deal for me
:wink:
in dub we trust
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Pixies announced that they found/got new bassist, it's Kim .... Kim Shattuck. :lol:

They're only in it for the money ? Of course they are not.
I mean, i've never seen them live, in fact i've never listen to their album, even that i got chance to listen "surfer rosa", so i might be wrong. but this looks so cheap.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Bartek wrote:Pixies announced that they found/got new bassist, it's Kim .... Kim Shattuck.
"formerly of LA punk band The Muffs". :roll:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Anyone else enjoying the new album Indie Cindy ? I lost interest after Bag Boy and the lead track from EP1 (Andro Queen) but What Goes Boom has some of the old menace and angular chord changes, Blue Eyed Hexe has been compared to AC/DC in places by sharp eared reviewers and the extra track given away on RSD on the 7" (Women of war) is worth tracking down.
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

i've kinda lost Pixinterest (but the charms of Paz Lechantin might lure me back in........) :innocent:
czuczu
Overbomber

Saw them with Kim2 and they won me over pretty easily, looking forward to seeing them again with Paz in July.
A couple of the album songs are a little bit weak (both on EP3) but I like it.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Bagboy has grown on me...
The album is not bad. Not great either, but how could it be when their legacy is so overwhelming.
I might go check them out at Werchter. The gig with Kim2 was fun :D
in dub we trust
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Bought the album last week. First, I wasn't impressed, but it gets better when you listen to it more often. I might check them out live as well :roll:
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.