Slightly depressed, the second.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote:Update from the oncologist:

So if my dad does go through three months of hell with another round of chemotherapy, he'll probably have 18 months to live.

If he doesn't it's more likely to be six.

I'm in pieces. I just feel numb at the moment. It's a real bastard.
I have had a similar experience with a great friend many years back.
He decided to go for the "quality of life" option rather than the chemo route.
Yes, it was shorter, but he did have many loved ones around him & he could at least have some sort of comfort.
Either way it's a short straw & the only thing you can really do is stick by him whatever choice he makes & make every moment count.
Sending vibes from the other side of the world-land.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Thanks guys.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Wondering why bubbles burst so easily.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
NickW
Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:Update from the oncologist:

So if my dad does go through three months of hell with another round of chemotherapy, he'll probably have 18 months to live.

If he doesn't it's more likely to be six.

I'm in pieces. I just feel numb at the moment. It's a real bastard.

Strengthening thoughts sent your way - can only imagine what you're going through by thinking back to my own father's battles - as you say its a real battle
Just one of the pesky kids
Salome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Mark, stay strong.. sending warm wishes and energies your way and I'm hoping that the doctors are wrong, as it happens quite a lot.
Use all of the time you have with him now to create happy memories together, as much as possible.
:kiss:
Salome

Well, I don't know if any of you here listens to Russian music, but a singer of one of my favorite bands, "Korol i Shut", died last week. I still cannot believe he's really gone... :cry:
They had an open casket ceremony on Monday and they opened it to all fans who wanted to say goodbye.
Thousands had come to St. Petersburg to see him for the last time and I made the mistake of seeing a video from the funeral today. Seeing him lying dead in the casket while the crying fans pass by it haunted me all day and I couldn't stop shaking.
I still cannot go to sleep, even though I need to get up soon.
Seeing your idol dead is one of the saddest things...
Gorshok, thank you for all of the wonderful music you gave to the world, you helped making it crazier and a lot more bearable.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Salome wrote:Well, I don't know if any of you here listens to Russian music, but a singer of one of my favorite bands, "Korol i Shut", died last week. I still cannot believe he's really gone... :cry:
They had an open casket ceremony on Monday and they opened it to all fans who wanted to say goodbye.
Thousands had come to St. Petersburg to see him for the last time and I made the mistake of seeing a video from the funeral today. Seeing him lying dead in the casket while the crying fans pass by it haunted me all day and I couldn't stop shaking.
Gorshok, thank you for all of the wonderful music you gave to the world, you helped making it crazier and a lot more bearable.
I looked that up, didn't sound that bad, a bit of a Russian Flogging Molly going on there...

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Izzy HaveMercy

And at Mark, all the strength you need man :/

Seeing one of the parents dwindle away is one of the worst things there is, especially when you cannot help. been there, didn't like it.

Then again, you CAN help by making the remainder of the time as nice as possible, or as us Belgians say "Doe Is Goe Zot!" :)

Hang in there man!

IZ.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Salome wrote:Well, I don't know if any of you here listens to Russian music, but a singer of one of my favorite bands, "Korol i Shut", died last week. I still cannot believe he's really gone... :cry:
yeah I don't think I will ever get over the death of Peter Steele. him and his band mates changed my life, he was our Elvis. I still can't watch the movie Living the American Nightmare. then you have those dreams and to think that there will be no album or no tour or anything. it's messed up. not that I knew the man I know the rest of the band a lot more but still. his music is the reason for so many things in my life.
Izzy HaveMercy

sziamiau wrote:yeah I don't think I will ever get over the death of Peter Steele.(...) then you have those dreams and to think that there will be no album or no tour or anything. it's messed up.
I hear you... I had the same with Chuck Schuldinger and Kurt Cobain.

IZ.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
sziamiau wrote:yeah I don't think I will ever get over the death of Peter Steele.(...) then you have those dreams and to think that there will be no album or no tour or anything. it's messed up.

IZ.
Lux Interior for me...

@ Marfiend: Strength to you & your family!
in dub we trust
Being645
Wiki Wizard

radiojamaica wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

IZ.
Lux Interior for me...
Ofra Haza ... it seems that since her death the flame of peace in Israel has lost its entire brightness ... :( ...
bearskin

Spoke to my Mum this week. She's had 3 and a bit years of Chemotherapy, and after a meeting with her doctor, they have decided that she has reached the end of the road with treatments.

She sounded quite defeated, a thing I guess I never thought I'd feel from her.

I made the trip back over Christmas and January, so I don't think I'll be able to catch up with her again. Still thinking that one over, as you'd expect.

Kiha Kaha.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Fuck Cancer.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:Fuck Cancer.
DOUBLY.
Further to my news about my mum from last week, we found out today my dog's tumour (osteosarcoma - front leg) has eaten through his bone completely now, breaking it. Also has a tumour on his lung.
So our big huggable malamute who has been our best little buddy for 7 years will sadly be leaving us on Monday. I am just gutted...
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

gadw damned (be damn god). what the frak is going on with this cancer?!
:evil:

@: splintered thing and bearskin: take care, i'm sending you and yours good wishes from here.
splintered thing wrote:
DOUBLY.
Further to my news about my mum from last week, we found out today my dog's tumour (osteosarcoma - front leg) has eaten through his bone completely now, breaking it. Also has a tumour on his lung.
So our big huggable malamute who has been our best little buddy for 7 years will sadly be leaving us on Monday. I am just gutted...
as a companion of cousin of your Malamute - Husky - i fell deep compassion for your so sad and suddenly comming loss. Mine dog-sister is also 7 years. She got epilepsy, so i'm also aware that one day i may lose her or have to relieve, ease her (from) suffering. :cry:
Last edited by Bartek on 26 Jul 2013, 10:14, edited 1 time in total.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Obviously, cancer is modern Black Death ... :urff: :urff: :urff: ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I guess I'd rather go with cancer in my 70s or 80s than bubonic plague in my 20s...
—Bertrand Russell
EvilBastard
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:I guess I'd rather go with cancer in my 70s or 80s than bubonic plague in my 20s...
And it really sucks if you're a squirrel.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Salome

So damn sad... :cry:
Sending you all big warm hugs and all the best wishes to your family members (on 2 or on 4).
Cherish your happy moments together and hold them close for as long as you can.
numan
Road Kill

Dont get me wrong but I wouldn't recommend chemicals to your father..I would recommend chi kung, - Chinese practice of conscious breathing! It helped hundreds of people to beat cancer and be healthy again! I dont know the reasons of cancer of your father...If it is caused by karmic reasons than it would be hard to help, if it is caused by another reasons than it would be possible to help..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmCXIrBu ... GB&index=8
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

He's had some acupuncture to help with the pain. He reports a benefit from it, and even though I know it's the placebo effect, I'm not going to tell him that.

My dad's cancer isn't caused by karmic reasons... and nor is anyone else's. My dad's cancer is caused by a random genetic mutation in some epithelial cells in his colon, which in turn caused them to lose their ability to undergo programmed cell death. Some of the cancerous cells dislodged from the initial tumour and, via his lymphatic system, spread to other organs and tissues of his body.

He's going to die, soon, and probably quite painfully. Magic breathing is not going to help him.

I don't want to lose my temper at you numan because I know you're only trying to help, but alt.med is nonsense, and some of it is dangerous nonsense. I'd rather have an uncomfortable truth than a vain hope.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

lack of contracts for employer --> lower incomes --> cut the cost to reduce loosing of money. becuse of lack of contracts the easiest way is to reduce workforce. and work force are reduced by firing those who have less expirience (= lower qualifications). and that how i'm lost my job after 5 months.
don't know why, but i'm pissed and angry. maybe because i started to fell like i'm in right place, doing what i like and seeing the process and develope of my skills and knowledge. :x
saddest part is that heppened againg after 14 months. so maybe it time to change profession, esp. that i knew how s**t it will/may be already in 2010
Pista
Cureboi

Bartek wrote:lack of contracts for employer --> lower incomes --> cut the cost to reduce loosing of money. becuse of lack of contracts the easiest way is to reduce workforce. and work force are reduced by firing those who have less expirience (= lower qualifications). and that how i'm lost my job after 5 months.
don't know why, but i'm pissed and angry. maybe because i started to fell like i'm in right place, doing what i like and seeing the process and develope of my skills and knowledge. :x
saddest part is that heppened againg after 14 months. so maybe it time to change profession, esp. that i knew how s**t it will/may be already in 2010
That sucks Bart.
Hope you find something else soon.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Oh damned, Bartek ... that's bad. At least you could do something for a while and have gained some work experience. That's good for you and looks good in your next applications ... don't give up now, especially, since it's the thing you want and love to do! I keep all fingers crossed that you find an even better position soon ... :D ...