Things you never knew you wanted......& still don't

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

Ikea usually have this niche covered, but I was on an American Airlines flight yesterday morning & in an attempt to induce some sleep, I opened the in flight magazines, one of which is called Skymall.
The stuff this lot try to sell is pure comedy gold without a hint of irony whatsoever.
This one item caused me to return my coffee from whence it came via my nose :oops:
"Bigfoot, the Garden Yeti" Statue

Ever wonder where those strange noises in your garden come from?

With alleged Bigfoot sightings the world over, from the Himalayas to the Americas, this elusive, mythical legend has been captured for Toscano in a quality designer resin statue and hand-painted for startling realism. With his characteristically big feet, our more than two-foot-tall Garden Yeti Statue will have guests doing a double-take as they admire your creative decor style! Available exclusively through Toscano, our Bigfoot, the Garden Yeti sculpture commands a unique presence in home or garden.

Select a size from the drop-down box.
Seriously. They have a life size one for over $2000. *ordering now*

Seen any pearls in this weekend's Sunday supplements or in the carp posted in your mail box each day?

I could have gone the WTF route, but thought this was out there all on it's own so if the god squad want to move it, that's cool.

:)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Pista wrote: This one item caused me to return my coffee from whence it came via my nose :oops:
"Bigfoot, the Garden Yeti" Statue

Ever wonder where those strange noises in your garden come from?

With alleged Bigfoot sightings the world over, from the Himalayas to the Americas, this elusive, mythical legend has been captured for Toscano in a quality designer resin statue and hand-painted for startling realism. With his characteristically big feet, our more than two-foot-tall Garden Yeti Statue will have guests doing a double-take as they admire your creative decor style! Available exclusively through Toscano, our Bigfoot, the Garden Yeti sculpture commands a unique presence in home or garden.

Select a size from the drop-down box.
Seriously. They have a life size one for over $2000. *ordering now*
ImageImageImage ... omg ... :lol: ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Isn't that that bloke from Supergrass ?
Pista
Cureboi

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Isn't that that bloke from Supergrass ?
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
blackandgold65
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

:lol: :lol:

the resemblance is uncanny....well spotted.

"I think insipid music is very dangerous. It's a narcotic for the nation as you very well know."
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

That's terrifying.
:lol: :notworthy:
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Salome

:lol: :lol: :lol: Totally!!!
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

I wonder if the same firm could knock up a statue of :von: (full 1985 regalia would be ideal) for my back garden, so that when I look out on a typical North Sea misty morning, I could be transported back to the dry ice-fest Wake days. If it was life-size they wouldn't need as much resin as for the Yeti so it would be cheaper, presumably.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

I always wonder who's sitting on a 5-hour flight, knees up to his chin on account of the legroom, staring dumbly at the single bag of pretzels that passes for in-flight catering these days, thinking, "You know, I really should buy a little trolley so that I can take Pussums for a walk. While I'm at it, an inflatable projector screen would really add an edge to our pool parties. Not to mention a little set of carpeted steps so Rover, who's not getting any younger, let's not kid ourselves, can get up on to the bed for a nap."

What kills me is that these aren't even impulse buys - you have to remember to take the catalogue with you when you get off the plane, go home, go online, and actually order this stuff, and wait 6 weeks to have it delivered - it's effort, you know? I wonder if there are people who order it while they're jetlagged and then wonder wtf just arrived when the delivery guy pulls up with a Collector's Edition of Harry Potter wands (with presentation scroll, natch). Seriously? I want to meet someone who has actually bought something from this catalogue so I can remove their brain and work out what they were thinking.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
blackandgold65

this post topic reminded me of this vision of loveliness, spotted in some home useless gadget magazine supplement.....How could I possibly do without these when using a mobile, iPad etc.

Ridiculous :roll:

unless you have some form of OCD of course :wink:

around the 15 Euro mark if you are interested.....Spock would love 'em for practical and colour co-ordination reasons....

http://www.phonefingers.com/buy-phone-f ... assic-blueImage
"I think insipid music is very dangerous. It's a narcotic for the nation as you very well know."
Being645
Wiki Wizard

:lol: ... ok, for certain purposes / clientele these might be more suitable ...

http://www.phonefingers.com/other-cool- ... oves-black
iesus
Overbomber

wow this is like "The Horrors" :!: ;D :kiss:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Silver_Owl
The Don

I quite like the Big Foot. :oops:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Pista
Cureboi

Hom_Corleone wrote:I quite like the Big Foot. :oops:
Which one?
The standard one or the one peeking out from behind the tree?

@EB.
The dog/ cat staircase thing is so versatile though.
It's a set of steps & a ramp in one

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
mh
Above the Chemist

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:I wonder if the same firm could knock up a statue of :von: (full 1985 regalia would be ideal) for my back garden, so that when I look out on a typical North Sea misty morning, I could be transported back to the dry ice-fest Wake days. If it was life-size they wouldn't need as much resin as for the Yeti so it would be cheaper, presumably.
For the real Wake effect you don't even need :von: to be present - mist on it's own, if sufficiently thick (...and it must be so for the real Wake effect...), is enough.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

I'd also need to have people blocking my view by chicken dancing on someone's shoulders right in front of me and then showering me with ripped up squares the phone book every time the intro bursts into the first verse.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:I'd also need to have people blocking my view by chicken dancing on someone's shoulders right in front of me and then showering me with ripped up squares the phone book every time the intro bursts into the first verse.
So you've stood behind certain dutch birds at gigs, then?! :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
blackandgold65

@ Pista, also made by Toscano - the garden statue suppliers/makers of the celebrated Bigfoot, this featured in Greengfingers - a gardening supplies booklet that came through the door, please welcome The Zombie of Montclaire Moors, yours for £80

"Capturing a truly haunting occurrence, The Zombie of Montclaire Moors will claw his way out of your garden plot to startle everyone!
This macabre garden ornament by Toscano is not for the faint of heart! A life-size, grey-toned, undead garden statue that features really eerie eyes and hails from the famous Montclaire Moors - an area noted for numerous reported zombie sightings. Realistically capturing every grotesque detail - you will swear you can hear him groaning.

Arrives in 3 parts for easy assembly"

get yourself a fog machine and job done..... :D