Vive le rock magazine

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

I m thinking of subscribing to that one , but is it worth it?
Pista
Cureboi

Content looks good, but I haven't read any articles yet.
Might be worth dipping your elbow in via their FB page or twitter feed to see what they're about though
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Cheers Steve :D
Being645
Wiki Wizard

I had subscribed to it for a year, but after all I didn't find it all that interesting. Apart from the fact that it often took quite long to arrive here.

Insofar, I'd recommend you follow Steve's suggestion and have a look at their internet appearance to check what their subjects basically are...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

With the demise of Dominion, there's no UK mag that caters for the g-word crowd but VLR is good on the punk and post punk era. I tend to buy it now and again rather than every month though.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

My sentiments are roughly the same. Fine reading, but after one year of subscription I didn't renew it. There are some things I found very interesting in the mag, but more stuff that wasn't...
in dub we trust
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Ok, thank you all for the info :)
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

New issue out now has a nice Cramps retrospective and a rather mundane Peter Murphy interview.
Also at UK newsagents. A Nick Cave special (a mere seven quid)? And Metal Hammer's Golden Gods issue which is mainly about Lemmy.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Great article on the reformed UK Decay and an interesting band history in the latest Record Collector of all places. Their indie chart hits of the early 80 s all shifted over 40,000 copies. The Sisters must have sold even more of the MR "golden run" of singles. Hard to see a new band persuading so many people to part with their cash in the current market.
Mav787
One life, all I need

Haven't been on a for while so missed this at the time.....

I've subscribed to this twice and on each occasion they don't remind you when your subscription expires. So you think it's just a long time coming and it never arrives. This time I've not renewed.

They must sell so many in newsagents that they don't need to manage their subscribers :lol:

Lately they had strayed away from the scenes they initially covered and there was less and less that I was interested in.