Slightly depressed, the second.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
NickW
Amphetamine Filth

redundancy after 20+ years - quite worried as don't really know what I am actually good at and am of an age that puts potential employers off
Just one of the pesky kids
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Not being around for a while,getting things straight i am
alone after a long relationship,mostly drinking and smoking 2 pack of cigs.It's all messed up but i can't do much about it.I'm back home,4:38 am,smoking,drinking my n-th beer,listening to Type O and hoping things change in a better direction.
Keep Music Evil
EvilBastard
Overbomber

NickW wrote:redundancy after 20+ years - quite worried as don't really know what I am actually good at and am of an age that puts potential employers off
That blows :( for what it's worth, some employers actually value more "experienced" employees (less likely to take time off, quit to have children, they actually know stuff, tend not to behave like a jumped-up little sh*t-head when things don't go exactly as they would like) - but it depends on the industry. What really helped me when I was laid off a while back was the "career continuation" course that was part of my severance - some excellent help on writing CVs, how to get your foot in the door for interviews, that kind of thing. Even if you have to pay for it it could be money well spent. If it's been a while since you were out knocking on doors a lot has changed - if you can get a jump on the jumped-up sh*theads who are half your age, with a fraction of your experience, then maybe worth doing.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
NickW
Amphetamine Filth

[What really helped me when I was laid off a while back was the "career continuation" course that was part of my severance - some excellent help on writing CVs, how to get your foot in the door for interviews, that kind of thing. Even if you have to pay for it it could be money well spent. If it's been a while since you were out knocking on doors a lot has changed - if you can get a jump on the jumped-up sh*theads who are half your age, with a fraction of your experience, then maybe worth doing.[/quote]

Looking into this sort of thing as it happens as my first 2 attempts at writing my own CV could only have been worse had I completed them in crayon
Just one of the pesky kids
Debaser
Overbomber

My orange pearlised antique Ruskin vase which I adore and can never replace ( well not at the price I bought it - car boot trove) is now in several pieces. I can't even be angry with the ham-fisted clatfart that broke it - I'm distraught.
I know it's only a 'thing' but it was a beautiful thing and it was my 'thing'
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
LyanvisAberrant

Debaser wrote:My orange pearlised antique Ruskin vase which I adore and can never replace ( well not at the price I bought it - car boot trove) is now in several pieces. I can't even be angry with the ham-fisted clatfart that broke it - I'm distraught.
I know it's only a 'thing' but it was a beautiful thing and it was my 'thing'
"Things" are some of the few things which give life a bonus. Some Things are more than just things :)
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

damagedone wrote:Not being around for a while,getting things straight i am
alone after a long relationship,mostly drinking and smoking 2 pack of cigs.It's all messed up but i can't do much about it.I'm back home,4:38 am,smoking,drinking my n-th beer,listening to Type O and hoping things change in a better direction.
Type O helps. give yourself a bit of time and then try cutting down on the "fun" stuff
Debaser
Overbomber

Currently VERY sad...can't say why yet as it's not common knowledge. Things will never be the same again

xxx
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Debaser wrote:Currently VERY sad...can't say why yet as it's not common knowledge. Things will never be the same again

xxx
now that makes me worried... :cry:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

sziamiau wrote:
Debaser wrote:Currently VERY sad...can't say why yet as it's not common knowledge. Things will never be the same again

xxx
Indeed, that sounds bad ... :? ...
LyanvisAberrant

Being645 wrote:
sziamiau wrote:

xxx
Indeed, that sounds bad ... :? ...
Let's hope everything's alright.... Best wishes to everyone. x
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
iesus
Overbomber

Best wishes, best vibes for a different turn in the nearby time to come xxx
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Silver_Owl
The Don

xxx
Thoughts are with you. I'm here I'd you need to sound off.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Debaser
Overbomber

Oh god, it's nothing really. In the grand scheme of things it's pathetic. When it's common knowledge you'll wonder why the fuss. But 'it's' played a big part in my life over the last dozen years or so. It's a bitter pill to swallow

But thanks for the concern chum.
xx
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

whatever it is, i hope that in the end you'll feel better.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Debaser wrote:Oh god, it's nothing really. In the grand scheme of things it's pathetic. When it's common knowledge you'll wonder why the fuss. But 'it's' played a big part in my life over the last dozen years or so. It's a bitter pill to swallow

But thanks for the concern chum.
xx
curious orange :?

hope it all sorts itself out for you :cry:
Goths have feelings too
James Blast
Banned

my end allas feels better when it's over
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
psichonaut
Overbomber

I'm writing the english version of my CV, here on the Rock the work-situation is not as good as it was in the past years due to a bad crise that invested the whole nation.
although i'm working(not often btw) i'm a little depressed for it and a great delusion i got into in the past month, so i'm now trying to retrieve a bit of my proud looking for a job out here, signing accounts on various sites and uploading my CV there(suggestions ;D ? )
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Pissed off that I've been ill all week with a throat infection. I've not managed to shake it off, so I went to the docs who said I might have type II diabetes.

Borlz.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

hope you feel better soon. I've had it for two weeks now and this stuff seems to be going around on most continents..ugh..trying to shake it for our holiday next week
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

thanks 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

markfiend wrote:Pissed off that I've been ill all week with a throat infection. I've not managed to shake it off, so I went to the docs who said I might have type II diabetes.

Borlz.
Not good mate. Sorry to hear.
Do you have to go for more tests?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

He took some blood yesterday (my arm is still bruised!) and now I wait a couple of days for the results and then see what happens. :-/
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

Urff, vibes to you from here too Fiendy.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Oh hell, loads of good healing energies from here, markfiend ...
and good luck for your tests ... the earlier you know, the better your chances to get a good grip on it, if you should actually suffer from diabetes type II ... :wink: ...