Critically (and culturally) Praised Fillums you hate

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

abridged wrote:Glad there is someone else who hates the Big Lebowski. Can I add Withnail and I?
Both of those would make my top 20 films ever. Withnail & I in the top 5.

I had a scan of that imdb list and the first one to yell out at me was 'The Matrix'.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'd agree, The Matrix is pish.

Eyes Wide Shut was supposed to be Kubrik's last masterpiece but IMO it's confused and boring.

It's got the Lord of the Rings movies in that IMDB list. One of the main points of praise that they get is how faithful they are to the source material. Bollocks. I could carp on for hours about the pointless changes (mainly including Arwen) but I can never forgive Jackson for stripping out The Scouring of the Shire which is, in many ways, the whole point of the book. And turning The Hobbit into a trilogy is even more (and worse) meddling of the same sort.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
GC
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:I'd agree, The Matrix is pish.

Eyes Wide Shut was supposed to be Kubrik's last masterpiece but IMO it's confused and boring.

It's got the Lord of the Rings movies in that IMDB list. One of the main points of praise that they get is how faithful they are to the source material. Bollocks. I could carp on for hours about the pointless changes (mainly including Arwen) but I can never forgive Jackson for stripping out The Scouring of the Shire which is, in many ways, the whole point of the book. And turning The Hobbit into a trilogy is even more (and worse) meddling of the same sort.
The first Matrix is well worth a watch IMO...the second two are very bad.

Eyes Wide Shut is very watchable in its own way but yes very confusing.....had Kubrick died before it was edited?

I'd like too add Inception... into the mix.
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Pretty much every disney ever...
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Silver_Owl
The Don

I tried not to reply to this but I can't help myself... :lol:

Of course you're talking utter tosh Iris on the whole.

Big Lebowski - A fantastic film.
Being John Malkovich - Imaginitive, original and funny.
The Usual Suspects - A well made who dunnit.
Donnie Darko - Again, an imaginitive, captivating film. With a great soundtrack.
Let The Right One In - Atmospheric, touching and a good representaion of the book.
Lost In Translation - Fantastic. Murray is, as usual, outstanding. Again, the soundtrack is superb, as is Scarlett. :P

The one's you got right -

High Fidelity - Plainly wrong.
Control - OK, so he looked a bit like Curtis. Not enough to make a film out of.

As you were.
;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

Careful Leggy don't waive your position of power over me or I'm inclined to sit down, on Skpeâ„¢ and have a damn guid chat with you!

Take that as a promise, not a threat!

mair pish:
"into the Wild" - what a dick you were Chris, and no it wasn't very interesting.
"Pitch Black" - it's okay but the "Ridicules of Chronic" was so much better, one of my fave all time fillums. I don't think I'm gonna enjoy the new one. :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love Into The Wild....AND Pitch Black.
No really I do... ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.