C'mon Everybody/Pretty Baby

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

there was a small one last night at the Smurphs do. they used to be magnets for HL ers. shame we don't have those meets now.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
James Blast
Banned

"We can be great again, stand up ya fool" as the Great Dick the SKID once sang in his Armory Show days.

The Sisters are a busted flush and have been for decades now, what we have here is "The Heartland Effect". Loads of us have gone off (hence the smell) but the spirit lives!

Come back and make this a vibrant community once more.

I said goodbye to my guid friend Scott, SAM1 as he's off down to that England with is missus to start a new life. I told him I didn't want to lose touch with him and he reminded me it's not the 70s/80s anymore, we have e-mail, txting, mobys, Skype etc. only laziness equals losing touch.

So, "C'mon Everybody"!

sorry about the junkie on a moped
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idhZFp-yR_c
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

sandy666 wrote:OK, so how about a Sisters fans' day? We pick a day, and arrange a Sisters themed meet up in a town of our choice. It may be a coffee bar, a pub or even a disco where tunes can be played loudly. It needn't be anything too elaborate or expensive.

Then we share the stories and pictures here.

I suppose we could set up a thread where folk could nominate their town and a place to meet.

The starter for ten (to get folk talking) is if the Sisters ever release a new album, what would it be called?
I can do reading.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Represent!

Love ma Unk~le James who always brings the shortbread and interesting newspapers to the pub!
:notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy: :kiss:

It has gotten too quiet. Glad to see people posting in here - and yeah, Heartlander do's are always a lot of (dangerous) fun. Saw a few faces at the Smurphs on Saturday but not as many as usual :|

Definitely think we need a new Glesgae do!

:wink:
Silver_Owl
The Don

I'd do my best to make a Glasgow do. :)
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
splintered thing

We are going ahead with the Germany holiday (pretty much all of October) so if there is anything going on the continent count me in (with a slightly less excited Mr Thing along too!)

...and for the record, once more, Heartland has been my digital home for quite some time now, so yes, it means a lot to me James!!!! ;)
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

as we can't seem to get Von & Co on the road anytime soon, I wouldn't mind getting together sometime somewhere
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I feel a bit bad for missing the Smurphs on Saturday but it was unavoidable I'm sorry. I'll do my best for the next Marching Men gig.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

markfiend wrote:I feel a bit bad for missing the Smurphs on Saturday but it was unavoidable I'm sorry. I'll do my best for the next Marching Men gig.
Hah, you're so lucky you have a chance to do so ... *sigh ...

But hell, perhaps, anybody has taken footage of The Smurphs gig ... :D :?: ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Spiggy's hat wrote:This is crying out for a Heartland meet at one/all of this December's m*****n gigs . :lol:
million voices wrote:Surely you don't actually mean inside?
:lol: :lol: :notworthy:
psichonaut
Overbomber

Actually i'm one of the proud members here who left too soon, i enjoyed my stay here finding some friend i still keep in touch with.
i promise i will here more often since now
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Any news on the album?
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Andie
Overbomber

I'll be the first to admit that I'm an irregular visitor and poor traveller of the recent past, even got to the planning stage for two visits to that Leeds which never got finalised.
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Gripper

I'm still here. Not that anyone noticed when I wandered off for a bit. Good to see the wit's still in good working order, James. I thought we'd lost you for good. Delighted to make your acquaintance again. Stay happy in the knowledge that I'm keeping Ms. Strange in order. Well, as much as anyone can.

The Smurphs were, and are, even better than the real thing. Shame that more of you good ol' boys didn't turn up. Next time? :kiss:
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
James Blast
Banned

Ah Grips old man, how the hell are you? I'm a retired old fart now and I can safely say it's the best job I've ever had! :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Gripper

James Blast wrote:Ah Grips old man, how the hell are you? I'm a retired old fart now and I can safely say it's the best job I've ever had! :lol:
Glad to hear it. Having spent eight weeks in a psychiatric hospital last year I'm regaining some kind of regular life, and have just started working again. I'm getting on a bit too but can still vigorously tap my foot to decent music...

Hope to see you around at some point. Take care. :wink:
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
James Blast
Banned

Yeah would be real good to "get the band" back together.
n'Hey Andie ye did manage to make it tae a wee sesh in Glasgow, wance so all is not lost. :D
~ Peter Steele
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

There must be OTHERS!
Andie
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Yeah would be real good to "get the band" back together.
n'Hey Andie ye did manage to make it tae a wee sesh in Glasgow, wance so all is not lost. :D
Troo dat 8)

doubt it will happen again anytime soon tho :|
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Count me in motherfuckers! See? I even remembered how to swear :)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

James Blast wrote:weird pierced fuckers like Mark,
By the way... I forgot to say that I'll take that as a compliment ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

heh heh
~ Peter Steele
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

DerekR wrote:Count me in motherfuckers! See? I even remembered how to swear :)
fucking hell Derek! long time no chat bro! how's it hanging? 8)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
James Blast
Banned

Oh I forgot in my role call: bald geezers with bad tatts ;D
~ Peter Steele
DerekR
Doobie Brother

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
DerekR wrote:Count me in motherfuckers! See? I even remembered how to swear :)
fucking hell Derek! long time no chat bro! how's it hanging? 8)
Not bad mate, not bad at all. Hows yerself?