Lux Interior

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The great man would have turned 67 today. Stay Sick and Turn Blue. Rock and Rolls original Garbageman.
mh
Above the Chemist

96 tears in 96 eyes. The Great Man went far too young, I'll lift a drink to him for sure. :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Seeing The Cramps back in '91 was one of the best gigs I was ever at. Sorely missed.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
ciazaera
Road Kill

A superlative front-man. And what a band to front!
Any colour you like, so long as it's black. Unless it's a John Deere.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

In my book he is one of the greatest. Ever & always... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
in dub we trust
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

one of the greatest of The Great Lost. first saw the cramps in '86 -probably the first gig of the new direction the sisters had turned me to musically. very sadly missed. :notworthy:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:one of the greatest of The Great Lost. first saw the cramps in '86 -probably the first gig of the new direction the sisters had turned me to musically. very sadly missed. :notworthy:
I saw them on that tour too (A Date With Elvis) at Leeds Uni. A front man to rival Iggy IMHO. I still listen to Off The Bone regularly on the commute home from work - the opening riff of Human Fly the fake ending of Domino and the lollopping guitar solo in The Way I Walk always remind me of happy nights in Le Phono ...
Garbageman

Saw them on every tour from 85 onwards. Got to hang out with them on their last tour of the US. A great front an and allegedly, Ivy is releasing an extended version of Gravest Hits in the near future.
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
sultan2075
Overbomber

Garbageman wrote:Saw them on every tour from 85 onwards. Got to hang out with them on their last tour of the US. A great front an and allegedly, Ivy is releasing an extended version of Gravest Hits in the near future.
The most heartbreaking thing about his death was that the always struck me as one of the great rock-and-roll love stories.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I agree. Isn't Ivy living more-or-less as a recluse now?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
sultan2075
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:I agree. Isn't Ivy living more-or-less as a recluse now?
It would not surprise me. I have a hard enough time being separated from my wife by half-a-continent. I cannot even begin to imagine what she went through in losing him. It's depressing to think about it. You could always just tell: they really, really love(d) each other.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Hunslet Ramone
Amphetamine Filth

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:one of the greatest of The Great Lost. first saw the cramps in '86 -probably the first gig of the new direction the sisters had turned me to musically. very sadly missed. :notworthy:
I saw them on that tour too (A Date With Elvis) at Leeds Uni. A front man to rival Iggy IMHO. I still listen to Off The Bone regularly on the commute home from work - the opening riff of Human Fly the fake ending of Domino and the lollopping guitar solo in The Way I Walk always remind me of happy nights in Le Phono ...
That's 3 of us then , You always remember the great gigs,of which that Leeds gig was one of the best.

Also do agree with you, like Iggy , Lux oozes class as a front man.
I go to gigs, and if there is any money left, I eat
Garbageman

There are a few recent photographs of Ivy on Facebook on various Cramps sites. Rock and Rolls ultimate love story.
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

For those of us missing The Cramps there's a new video up for the title track of Haunted Head by Kid Congo (Powers) and The Pink Monkey Birds on Vimeo http://player.vimeo.com/video/77100973 and they're playing dates in London, Glasgow and Newcastle later this month. Great to see he's still putting out decent stuff (but I've always been a sucker for a bit of psychedelic fuzz guitar).
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Hunslet Ramone wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
That's 3 of us then , You always remember the great gigs,of which that Leeds gig was one of the best.

Also do agree with you, like Iggy , Lux oozes class as a front man.
4! I saw them in Edinburgh on that tour. Simply incredible, can't believe I never saw them again and now never will :cry:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:For those of us missing The Cramps there's a new video up for the title track of Haunted Head by Kid Congo (Powers) and The Pink Monkey Birds on Vimeo http://player.vimeo.com/video/77100973 and they're playing dates in London, Glasgow and Newcastle later this month. Great to see he's still putting out decent stuff (but I've always been a sucker for a bit of psychedelic fuzz guitar).
:eek: :lol: i always thought "the pink monkey birds" would be a great name for a band! good to see it's being used by somebody cool! :notworthy:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: