TSOM related news:Spear of Destiny (withC.Adams) are back

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

The News. some small tour in UK. Craig Adams on bass (again).
sorry if it was here before.
James Blast
Banned

CRAIG! he was in Teh Sist... I've just filled ma breeks :(

sorry Bart
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

That sounds just fantastic. Adams on bass, cover version of 'Transmission'. I'd pay for that.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Saw them supporting The Cult a while ago. Dreadful.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Bartek wrote:The News. some small tour in UK. Craig Adams on bass (again).
sorry if it was here before.
It's aslo Mike from The Mish on drums as well. Never seen SOD live surprisingly,but Kirk supported The Mish when they did the three nights in Bristol earlier this year,he was doing acoustic stuff. He was good entertainment,but it didn't make me buy a ticket for his full tour.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
psichonaut
Overbomber

heard then named back in the years but never had the chance to listen to them
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
jande
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Saw them the other week at the Cluny in Newcastle, they were alright, but I prefer Theatre Of Hate though
Say!
In the dark? Here in the dark!
Would you, could you, in the dark?
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

saw them last thurs, was jolly good fun.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Andie
Overbomber

psichonaut wrote:heard then named back in the years but never had the chance to listen to them
make of them as you will...personally I thought Kirk was a proper knob back in the day, but he's grown up and is much better for it...

Liberator on The Tube

Liberator 12" Extended Mix

laugh at Jon Moss being a knob, but don't forget that this was one of the all time great tunes from 83
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Happy Days Andie.

I'm pretty sure I saw them about 9 times in 83/early 84 as they always kept playing the same towns near me.

I distinctly remember a Rock City gig where they came on stage and the power failed after 90secs. Did they walk off? No.

They still had a piano and a sax so regaled us with un-plugged cockney classics such as, "Let's all go down the Strand", "Knees up Mother Brown", etc., for at least 20mins before the stage power came back. Even the mosh pit was doing a conga by then.

Always a top night out (back in the day) and a very approachable band. 8)

PS: Dolphin Taylor on main drums in The Tube vid. I was a huge TRB fan.
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
Andie
Overbomber

Hey John.

They didn't play Scotland very often as far as I can remember, but I saw then a couple of times in Glasgow...couldn't help feeling that they were the poor mans Theatre Of Hate

Met Kirk in 2003 at a Mish gig in that London and again a couple of times when he was with Dead Men Walking...I liked him a lot

Last time was during an interesting conversation with Bill Duffy before DMW played the Underworld...
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Hunslet Ramone
Amphetamine Filth

Hom_Corleone wrote:Saw them supporting The Cult a while ago. Dreadful.
Least they don't hide behind smoke screen like the Sisters do now for all their set. That's if they are there at all, it might be the Kraftwerk dummies playing behind the smoke for all I know. With a tape machine playing. Used to love the Sisters live at one time. That seems a long time ago now.

Went to see Spear in Leeds 2 weeks ago brilliant gig. Loved every song.
And last year seen them at Joseph's Well , he played the whole set with a sore throat, still did not sound too bad, then Spear gave a free gig a couple of weeks later because of that. How many other bands would have done that, answer, none that I know of.
I go to gigs, and if there is any money left, I eat
Hunslet Ramone
Amphetamine Filth

Just adding to my last post here, your better off watching the Sisters tribute bands live,because you can actually see them , and they are so good.
centurionofprix
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Hunslet Ramone wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:Saw them supporting The Cult a while ago. Dreadful.
Least they don't hide behind smoke screen like the Sisters do now for all their set. That's if they are there at all, it might be the Kraftwerk dummies playing behind the smoke for all I know. With a tape machine playing. Used to love the Sisters live at one time. That seems a long time ago now.
Yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw4fICJBZcA
iesus
Overbomber

All shows i have attend since 1996 and on had better sight that the example given from centurionofprix Stuttgart 84. I am sure that if there was a chance to not be sure who is on stage and play is definetly concerts from 84 period :lol:
:notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Hunslet Ramone
Amphetamine Filth

Well you must have night vision sight iesus, as the gig in question I attended on the 8th April 2009 at the O2 in Leeds was just about the same as what centurionofprix put on from youtube.

Check the Leeds gig 2009 at the O2 out on youtube, if you don't believe me.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Hunslet Ramone wrote:Just adding to my last post here, your better off watching the Sisters tribute bands live,because you can actually see them , and they are so good.
All of which is irrelevant due to the fact that I like The Sisters and I don't like Spear Of Destiny (especially Kirk Brandon as a front man).
Only my opinion of course!

:P
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
ciazaera
Road Kill

I saw them a long time ago at a free festival and their sound was awful. They could have been playing Mozart for all I could tell.
Any colour you like, so long as it's black. Unless it's a John Deere.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Hunslet Ramone wrote:Just adding to my last post here, your better off watching the Sisters tribute bands live,because you can actually see them , and they are so good.
And cheaper :wink:
Four strings good, six strings bad