J. Robb mentioned something about TSOM

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

and put them on list of top 10 post punk bands who never get the credit, along with Bauhaus and Motorhead. I guess Von would be happy, at least it's not list of goth bands.
OMG! :eek: :notworthy:
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Bartek wrote: I guess Von would be happy, at least it's not list of goth bands.
I had previously got the impression that Andrew didn't have a very high opinion of music journalists?

If it was a list of goth bands, would TSOM make the top 10? There are lots of bands would I'd say are a lot more "goth" than them.
psichonaut
Overbomber

Beeing more goth doesn't mean beeing better
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Silver_Owl
The Don

psichonaut wrote:Beeing more goth doesn't mean beeing better
:lol:

None more gother.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
GC
Slight Overbomber

Motorhead dont get any credit... :lol:
Lemmy's face appears weekly in most music mags.
ciazaera
Road Kill

Jon Robb is a top bloke, he's a punk first, journalist second.
Any colour you like, so long as it's black. Unless it's a John Deere.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

as ciazaera said, J. Robb is not journalist at first place, so i guess that our Prince of independent darkness would be happy that someone like J. Robb mentioned about him, at least someone remember about him/tsom.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

John Robb's band Gold Blade supported the Sisters at Leeds Academy a few years ago...
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
jande
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:John Robb's band Gold Blade supported the Sisters at Leeds Academy a few years ago...
Gold Blade have supported just about everyone. If there aren't on the bill, John Robb's either the compere or guesting with one of the other bands. Hardest working man in punk :-)
Say!
In the dark? Here in the dark!
Would you, could you, in the dark?
aims
Overbomber

Surprised to see Bauhaus on the list tbh. See them given ample credit all over the place.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Surprised to see most if those bands on the list TBH. Most of them are still very high-profile thirty years later. The Monochrome Set is a good call though, so he's forgiven. But how about Scars, Red Guitars, UK Decay, Virgin Prunes, Penetration, Xmal Deutschland, Neon Judgement, Front 242, none of whom ever made the charts or evolved into major bands. Mr Robb has been around long enough to come up with a better list than the one on LTB.