Happy Birthday Doc P

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Silver_Owl
The Don

RIP man. Still missed on here. :cry:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
psichonaut
Overbomber

RIP Doc P
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Aw man. :cry:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Unknown to me, but still ... RIP ...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

RIP Christian Prante, aka Doc P.

http://myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=11355

(The guy wearing the Heartland tee in this pic from The Sisters in Tilburg 2005 - with Christophe, Francis and Obviousman)

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/gallery/de ... ge_id=1105

:cry:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Thanks for posting the RIP thread link Barry. I can still vividly remember that fateful day. The initial phone calls with Sebastian, Sandra, and then you.

I've always shied away from the thread over the years as it's a hard read for me. But, tonight I've managed to get all the way through it, tears in my eyes, but a smile on my face.

He was greatly loved and always will be. :kiss:

So, many, many thanks to Steve for starting the thread, but are you all closet Goths? Full of gloom and doom?

It's his fucking Birthday so time to celebrate Christian! :notworthy:

Tell, or re-tell, your personal anecdotes or funny experiences with the man. No matter how big or small. We all loved him. Do it!

One that sticks out in my mind (that has never been told - sorry Francis!) on the drive back from Tilburg to Düsseldorf...

Francis: Christian? Can we stop soon? I need to go to the toilet.
Christian (driving, pauses): In Red Indian terms, are you an Eagle, a Bear or a Wolf?
Francis (slightly confused): I guess a bear?
Christian: Ok!

(Christian pulls over to a derelict petrol station - aka a slab of concrete - in the middle of nowhere but surrounded by forest).

Francis: Where's the toilets?
Christian: There are none. You're a bear! Go shit in the woods! :lol:

I'd bet my bottom dollar that Christian has already made friends with Lou Reed and is currently working out how, from above, to get those really rare VU demos into the Weeding section, he's already sweet talked Lou into handing over. :wink:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
aims
Overbomber

RIP mate. Will have to have a listen to Running Up That Hill at a more sociable hour tomorrow.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Well said Johnny.

They say that you're not truly dead until the end of every life you've touched. Christian has a long time to go yet. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I never had chance to met him, but taking that every year his b-day is celebrated (in some way), looks that he was a really good guy. so: :notworthy:

I like Johnny's attitude, i can imagine it's hard, but the best you can do to yourself and, taking all respect, to Doc P., is to commemorate him by telling anecdotes, happy stories.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Happy Birthday, Christian.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Peace, doc :notworthy:
in dub we trust
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

a truly nice guy, and his death was a terrible tragedy. we used to chat by PM in the middle of the night when i was i up being a whizz kid and he was on night shift saving peoples lives. that always made me feel humble. not being regularly on HL at the time i remember vividly Johnny telling me of his passing by text and drinking to his memory. sadly i never met him, but i know he was much loved by all who did.

far beyond the black horizon. here's to you Christian. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Good to see you around (again) Johnny! Nice read!
Had a re-read of the thread as well and it is not easy :(
but so good to remember him and so nice to see his pic!
It is this way I remember him! Cheerful and happy!
R.I.P. Christian! The moments and talks we shared in 2006 will never be forgotten. It will always be "Summer"!

Thank you Steve for this thread!
"as we walk on the floodland"