Happy Birthday Planet Dave!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Mum and Dad miss you muchley Timmy. :kiss:

I haven't seen Alastair (sp?) for yonks, never met Norman Hunter, so maybe you can organise something?

♫ Here come The Marching Men dressed in German flags ♫

8)
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

:lol:

An intimate gig? I think we can set that up old chap.

Looking forward to it!
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Hold that thought!

The real Sisters played an intimate gig in (another) Sabine's living room back in 1992. :von:

So I don't see why a tribute Sisters can't perform an intimate gig in (my) Sabine's hotel room in 2014. :D

It's history repeating itself.

It would need to be unplugged so as not to disturb the other hotel guests. Obviously, unplugging The Doktor is a major problem :lol: so hows about you tie a couple of coconut shells to your inner knees and do a bit of an Elvis wiggle?

It could work. :innocent:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:Hold that thought!

The real Sisters played an intimate gig in (another) Sabine's living room back in 1992. :von:
That was my thinking :wink:
Johnny wrote:So I don't see why a tribute Sisters can't perform an intimate gig in (my) Sabine's hotel room in 2014. :D

It would need to be unplugged so as not to disturb the other hotel guests. Obviously, unplugging The Doktor is a major problem :lol: so hows about you tie a couple of coconut shells to your inner knees and do a bit of an Elvis wiggle?

There's a few of the girls tracks we could cover in an acoustic style-ee I think. This could be interesting...!
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

timsinister wrote:
Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:Hold that thought!

That was my thinking :wink:
Johnny wrote:So I don't see why a tribute Sisters can't perform an intimate gig in (my) Sabine's hotel room in 2014. :D

There's a few of the girls tracks we could cover in an acoustic style-ee I think. This could be interesting...!
Sweary/country Sisters comes to mind Leader. We've done it before, we can do it again... :wink:
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:Mum and Dad miss you muchley Timmy. :kiss:

I haven't seen Alastair (sp?) for yonks, never met Norman Hunter, so maybe you can organise something?

♫ Here come The Marching Men dressed in German flags ♫

8)
And yep, been far too long! :D
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Purple Light wrote:And yep, been far too long! :D
Happier memories of last time we 'met' would be good! :lol:

So...

If I'm remembering my 1992 history correctly, mirroring it, and adapting it to 2014:

- Michael, Ravey and Mark hide in the (kitchen) hotel bathroom as they're too embarrassed to come out.

- Sabine and her boyfriend have a serious row after one minute of the opening song and take it to the (kitchen) hotel bathroom.

- The real/tribute band plays with no audience.

- Andrew/Tim promises a recording of the gig that never, ever, ever appears.

We can make this work!

I like your style gentlemen. :notworthy:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
James Blast
Banned

Johnny falls down in the lav at the George and Derek pisses all over his sunglasses
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
JansenClone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:Michael, Ravey and Mark hide in the (kitchen) hotel bathroom as they're too embarrassed to come out.
Will there be a bar in there? :idea:
Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:We can make this work!
Meeting up for a drink shouldn't be that tricky. Mind you Johnny, it wasn't just the George toilet floor was it? I seem to recall struggling to carry you out of the Sister's gig at the Well with Ed... :wink:
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

JansenClone wrote:Will there be a bar in there?
Two crates of different German beers in an ice-cold bath. And a bottle opener. Does that pique your interest? :wink:
JansenClone wrote:I seem to recall struggling to carry you out of the Sister's gig at the Well with Ed...
You are correct Michael. But you'll also recall that Ania (my hotel room-mate for the night) also collapsed down at the front, and had to protected by Scardy :notworthy: , before she could be carried to safety. :|

Was it the alcohol? The lack of food? The sauna-like temperature in JW's basement? Or the quality of drugs (or lack of) dispensed on Henman Hill?*

I would often debate this coincidence with Ania in the months that followed, and the only logical conclusion that we came up with was The Curse of Room 418 at The Queens. I believe Stephen King may have ripped-off our experiences and made them into a short-story and then a movie. Bastard. :x

So to make this story complete, all we need is Ness to appear and describe my slow motion (but graceful! :wink: ) slide down her back, into unconsciousness. Barry had only introduced us for the first time 3mins earlier. 8) :urff:

How to Win Friends and Influence People! :lol:

Happy days! :D

*Looks inquisitively in the direction of Bradford which brings us back on topic.
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:You are correct Michael. But you'll also recall that Ania (my hotel room-mate for the night) also collapsed down at the front, and had to protected by Scardy :notworthy: , before she could be carried to safety. :|

Was it the alcohol? The lack of food? The sauna-like temperature in JW's basement? Or the quality of drugs (or lack of) dispensed on Henman Hill?*

*Looks inquisitively in the direction of Bradford which brings us back on topic.
:lol: More like Silent Hill John. Can you believe that was 8 years ago? Ah where does the time go, as some folky-hippies said a while back. I guess we'll have to wait for a new lead guitarist (sorry Mr May but you're not allowed to go anywhere) to take up the reins before there's any chance of a rematch. As for the outcomes of that particular night, however many of you fainted it was only me and Jamie who spent the night in LGI's A&E, following his set-to with some yobbo in the pit. Musta been a random chancer, it was ferocious down the front at the 30th Birthday gigs in Leeds whilst also being the polite-ist pits I've ever known. Same in Paris.

And back to the Silent Hill reference, I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see Pyramid Head materialise through the bathroom wall the minute Tim starts to vocalise his inner demons! (Love you Tim :kiss: )
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Come to the Nephs / Mishun gig in Leeds. It would be good to see you again Dave.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Scardwel wrote:Come to the Nephs / Mishun gig in Leeds. It would be good to see you again Dave.
:D Simon I'd love to (ish) but I really don't think finances would stretch that far, it really isn't the best time of the year. I'll see I'll see, the seed has been planted fella, last time we saw each other was Dublin, was it not, briefly in the boozer pre-gig, so a good natter is of course well in order....I'll see how it pans out mate, best I can suggest at the moment. Last time I saw the mishun was Eurorck 2000 on Von's stage and they were sooooooo grim, that was the weekend I cast aside old hasbeens and embraced the more techno side of the whole shebang. Never looked back. But yeah, that's all by the by, I'll check out tkt prices and budgets and single-dad related constraints and let you know mate.

(when I say 'ish' that is entirely a band related staement : Nephs = good, the others = not really so good at all)