New cheap Bauhaus and Nephs Box Sets

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

If like me you have a few of the old WEA bargain bucket five CD sets (TSOM, EATB, JAMC etc) in the car for a bit of light entertainment for the morning commute, you'll be pleased to hear that Beggars Archive are releasing new sets next week from Bauhaus and the Nephs, each retailing for about £16 on Amazon. The Nephs box set http://archive.beggars.com/releases/215 ... m-5-albums contains a new CD of single remixes, some never released in digital format before, whilst the Bauhaus one has remastered versions of the basic original albums from the amazing Omnibus reissues plus a Singles CD http://archive.beggars.com/releases/217 ... s-5-albums.
psichonaut
Overbomber

Just asked the Nephs as Christmas present
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Sounds interesting ... :) ... thanks for the hint!
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

There is a Gene Loves Jezebel set as well.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

interesting, since i got only 'Mask", "Press eject .." and the very last Bauhaus' (original) albums, this looks very tempting.
thanks for heads up.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

ribbons69 wrote:There is a Gene Loves Jezebel set as well.
Aye, noticed that but made an assumption that people on here wouldn't be that interested in GLJ :wink: The extra discs make you wonder what WEA could have done with the fifth disc in the Sisters one with a bit of imagination instead of simply putting in a fairly redundant copy of ASCOOB. Beggars archive is turning into a real treasure trove for Bauhaus fans what with the two early releases (Live in the Studio and ...And Remains) and the extra stuff on the Love and Rockets box set earlier this year. Their Bespoke store is closing down next week so there are some remaining bargains to be had !
Pista
Cureboi

£16 ?? bl00dy good at that price really & to have that Nephs singles mixes disc is a must.
About bloomin' time too.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

A good chance to get a new copy of "The Nephilim" album for all those going to the Mish show at Brixton. Was pretty surprised to see Carl succumbing to the "nostalgia act" ruse TBH. Who's next - et tu, :von: ??
psichonaut
Overbomber

received my Nephs and Gene Loves Jezebel boxsets

gooooood deal
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

psichonaut wrote:received my Nephs and Gene Loves Jezebel boxsets

gooooood deal
I got the Neffs one this week,excellent value and good to have Dawnrazor in it's original sleeve.The GLJ set is on my Xmas list!
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
psichonaut
Overbomber

ribbons69 wrote:
psichonaut wrote:received my Nephs and Gene Loves Jezebel boxsets

gooooood deal
I got the Neffs one this week,excellent value and good to have Dawnrazor in it's original sleeve.The GLJ set is on my Xmas list!
go for it, i received it on sale from amazon because i nought the neffs
It's deluding it misses Heavenly Bodies( my fav album) but i will buy it soon and substitute my old tape
Bahamas
Road Kill

Firstly thank you for the update on the Bauhaus box set. Can you kindly tell me if this worth buying from a digitally enhanced perspective?
RibbonGirl
Road Kill

Just ordered the Nephs and the Bauhaus sets.... Thanks for this thread! So much!
Talk to them, talk to someone,
Talk to me, or
Paint it on a wall,
But never stay in silence,
As silence kills.
psichonaut
Overbomber

RibbonGirl wrote:Just ordered the Nephs and the Bauhaus sets.... Thanks for this thread! So much!
i got Nephs and Gene Loves Jezebel, they really worth :D
RibbonGirl
Road Kill

psichonaut wrote:
RibbonGirl wrote:Just ordered the Nephs and the Bauhaus sets.... Thanks for this thread! So much!
i got Nephs and Gene Loves Jezebel, they really worth :D
Oh yeah... That one will be included in my next order.. I'm afraid a long term friendship has begun between Beggars archive and me.. :roll: :)
Talk to them, talk to someone,
Talk to me, or
Paint it on a wall,
But never stay in silence,
As silence kills.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Just treated myself to the Bauhaus box set, for old times sake
black smurf
Amphetamine Filth

Mr Postman just delivered the Neffs boxset-well worth it. Others are on my birthday list for february- if anyones interested?????/
:roll:
trying to be the person my dog already thinks i am......
mh
Above the Chemist

Bought the Hoosies package, passed on the Nephs. I really really really don't like Elyzium, but if the Nephilim or Dawnrazor had been remastered I woulda jumped. Oh well.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
GC
Slight Overbomber

Question on the Neph pack....have the cd's been remastered. Not very clear from the info....Thanx
Pista
Cureboi

Gollum's Cock wrote:Question on the Neph pack....have the cd's been remastered. Not very clear from the info....Thanx
Yeppers.
The differences are pretty subtle though.
Mastering notes – The only album in this set to have been fully re-mastered from the analogue tapes is Elysium. Due to the limited budget (and in some cases non availability of analogue) the other albums / tracks have been mastered from digital sources.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
GC
Slight Overbomber

Thanks.....for 13pound its not going to be a big risk :D
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

In the interests of balance I feel I should mention that a certain group also have a cheap Greatest Hits CD out recently :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Serpents-Kiss-V ... ds=m*****n

I'll get my coat.
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

I cannot bring myself to buy the Bauhaus albums again. The singles CD would be awesome if you could buy it separately :innocent:
You still think swastikas look cool
The real nazis run your schools
They're coaches, businessmen and cops
In a real fourth reich you'll be the first to go