Setlist May 2014 - Stone Roses cover ?

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2014
Steven Eloot
Road Kill

We can start guessing what will be new on the setlist.

I'm hoping for something like Valentine, Heartland or You could be the one. Regarding the fact AE likes The Stone Roses, a cover version of "Made of Stone" would be splendid. The music as well as the lyrics to this are very "Eldritchesque". And also the song title doesn't need any further explanation.
It could sound like "Gift that Shines" they did in 2011 which was top.
CyberAndy
Road Kill

Surely the only Roses cover Von could do would be 'I Wanna Be Adored' :D
It's A Black Planet ....
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Far parade... preferably :lol:
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
centurionofprix

Chris said to remind him to jockey for "War On Drugs" in the setlist when the next tour was coming up. Anyone in touch with him?

edit:
Chris wrote:Remind me when it's coming up to the next Sisters tour. I like that song a lot as it happens. I've got some ideas about that one.
Silver_Owl
The Don

How do we know :von: likes the Stone Roses?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

He said it in an interview with MTV the other day.
guns & cars & accidents
Silver_Owl
The Don

dinky daisy wrote:He said it in an interview with MTV the other day.
Really? :?

I can't see anything.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

1969, with slightly adjusted lyrics, shouldn't serve a problem ... :wink: ...
James Blast
Banned

same old s**t you pay hard earned cash to see
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

but it would be nice if you could be there to drink a pint of beer with me or other HLers, when occasion to see would be gig of that boring band.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Still hoping that Chris' solo rendition last year of I'm in love with the German Film star was a trial run for TSOM :wink:
mandrake
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

It would be nice to think they would finally throw out the "standard"setlist and start anew...Some kind of stranger, Poison Door, on the wire, 1959, colours..(Petula Clark) Downtown as AE once mentioned in an interview..Come together again, Romeo down..some really stonking new songs. (Damn I have been listening to some 82-84 gigs when AE still had "the voice" a voice that could emote, could make you weep, whimper, send a shiver down your spine..that voice he kinda lost after 96...) Yeah it would be nice..but truth be told..the band we fell in love with is gone..That voice is gone, the band is gone (damn I do miss a live bass) the past is gone..But hey They are THE SISTERS OF MERCY! They rock, they prove us wrong, they sing, they nearly dance, they hide in the smoke and sometimes, sometimes they really suprise.(He's got the whole world, confide in em, silver machine...)
Bring on teh dreams, the believers the haters..here IS to to the upcoming tour!!
splintered thing

As far as covers go - Leah by Roy Orbison, speeded up and shouty, is my suggestion.

(Leah being the only remaining female in our family who does not have a Sisters song in her name) ;)
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
Dan
Overbomber

LyanvisAberrant wrote:Far parade... preferably :lol:
Maybe he'll play the song for it's 5th(?) anniversary. By now I imagine the lyrics will be honed to perfection.

I'd like to hear a version of "In The Year 2525". Plus as a bonus it'd be easy to totally rewrite some of the verses.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

As the Nephs have already had a shot at in the year 2525 I'd be amazed to see :von: touch it. Bluddy Goffs.
Dan
Overbomber

Ah have they. Gits! I never knew that.

Ok then, how about a cover of Tom Lehrer's "The Elements". Just the first verse before Eldo says "slow it down" and then a neat segue into 1959.
panzerfaust
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

some rendition of 1984 may setlist would be nice.

adrenachrome heartland knockin on heavens door sisterray/ghostrider/louie loiue
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

what about
California Dreamin - Mamas & The Papas
www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-aK6JnyFmk

love to hear that version hahahaha
MUSICA È
James Blast
Banned

Youse all live in Never Land, the Sisters brand is poison.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

"Eve Of Destruction" Barry McGuire
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
hellboy69

out of my mind on dope and speed by sir julian of cope
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Of course this thread is inherently self-defeating. Anything anyone posts on here that :von: was thinking of covering will be scratched off the list as soon as it gets back to him. He won't want any of us to think we can influence him.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
iesus
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Of course this thread is inherently self-defeating. Anything anyone posts on here that :von: was thinking of covering will be scratched off the list as soon as it gets back to him. He won't want any of us to think we can influence him.
+1 :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Silver_Owl
The Don

markfiend wrote:Of course this thread is inherently self-defeating. Anything anyone posts on here that :von: was thinking of covering will be scratched off the list as soon as it gets back to him. He won't want any of us to think we can influence him.
Although the Hawaiian shirt japes suggested on here a couple of years back did seem to inspire Pipeline. ;D

(At least in my mind it did anyway :D )
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Ah there is that. :lol:

Probably more Chris's doing than :von:'s I would guess. I don't suppose it matters much to him what the guitarists get up to while he nips backstage to freshen up.
—Bertrand Russell