Sisters fans get EVERYWHERE!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

Last summer I was on Holiday in a lovely part of Cornwall, and I went for a stroll with me English Bull Terrier down to an isolated beach.
When I say isolated, I mean REALLY isolated (from a tiny Hamlet you go down a 20-minute dirt path to reach it.)

Anyways, when I reached the beach I was startled to find a young couple there, and the fella had... A SISTERS T-SHIRT ON!!!

2 things:
1)- Was it a Heartlander I glimpsed in that gorgeous, secluded cove?
2)- What's the most remote, isolated, lonely place you've ever bumped into a fellow Sisters fan? Have any Heartlanders ever been trekking through the Brazilian rainforest, Climbing up Everest, Diving down the Marianas trench etc. etc. and bumped into a smelly old goth in a faded Sisters t-shirt?
Last edited by Black Shuck on 17 Jan 2004, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
Gazza for England manager
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Black Shuck wrote:Last summer I was on Holiday in a lovely part of Cornwall, and I went for a stroll with me English Bull Terrier down to an isolated beach.
When I sday isolated, I mean REALLY isolated (from a tiny Hamlet you go down a 20-minute dirt path to reach it.)

Anyways, when I reached the beach I was startled to find a young couple there, and the fella had... A SISTERS T-SHIRT ON!!!

2 things:
1)- Was it a Heartlander I glimpsed in that gorgeous, secluded cove?
2)- What's the most remote, isolated, lonely place you've ever bumped into a fellow Sisters fan? Have any Heartlanders ever been trekking through the Brazilian rainforest, Climbing up Everest, Diving down the Marianas trench etc. etc. and bumped into a smelly old goth in a faded Sisters t-shirt?
where was it? i went to cornwall last year! :o

stayed near lizard point... went for a few walks down to places like lamorna cove, etc. very nice indeed 8)

dont recall wearing a sisters tee, but you never know - i wore a smurphs tee when we went to the lost gardens of whatisface... :)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Black Shuck wrote:2)- What's the most remote, isolated, lonely place you've ever bumped into a fellow Sisters fan?
Met a bloke wearing an Exxile sweatshirt in Southampton last summer. :twisted:
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Black Shuck
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

Quiff Boy wrote: where was it? i went to cornwall last year! :o

stayed near lizard point... went for a few walks down to places like lamorna cove, etc. very nice indeed 8)

dont recall wearing a sisters tee, but you never know - i wore a smurphs tee when we went to the lost gardens of whatisface... :)
I never knew what the beach was called! t'was a tiny little cove, covered in seaweed, completely enclosed by cliffs.
'bout 3 miles from lands end.

although I did also visit Lamorna cove; so I may have seen you there! I was that hairy-chested, bronzed, muscley bloke in skimpy black swimming trunks who you were jealous of.

Cornwall's great, innit?
snubnoseuk wrote:
Met a bloke wearing an Exxile sweatshirt in Southampton last summer. :twisted:
Southampton??!! that's not very exotic!!!
Gazza for England manager
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

I was being sarcy about Southampton. It's a local thing.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
allfear

I bet £100 Quid it was My Good friend and Know Trader Stephen Dean whom lived in west Drayton Middx and Moved to Penzance about 2 years ago.

Matt
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Is that Sennen Cove?

Turning down off the main road to Lands End near the First and Last Pub?

(Probably an explanation in it's self why Sisters fans are there)
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Heartless
Amphetamine Filth

Took a nude bath in the german bodensee with two friends. When I went out to grab a smoke and I mirrored 5 nice young ladies, one was wearing the "f**k me.."-Tee. Too bad they didn't join me bathing ... but that's what I call most exotic situation to meet a sisters fan.
No shade of anything can make a good summer over here.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Heartless wrote:Took a nude bath in the german bodensee with two friends. When I went out to grab a smoke and I mirrored 5 nice young ladies, one was wearing the "**** me.."-Tee. Too bad they didn't join me bathing ... but that's what I call most exotic situation to meet a sisters fan.
is that the witches lake in the black forest :roll:

i've worn many a sisters T in the black forest :von:
Goths have feelings too
Heartless
Amphetamine Filth

paint it black wrote:
Heartless wrote:Took a nude bath in the german bodensee with two friends. When I went out to grab a smoke and I mirrored 5 nice young ladies, one was wearing the "**** me.."-Tee. Too bad they didn't join me bathing ... but that's what I call most exotic situation to meet a sisters fan.
is that the witches lake in the black forest :roll:

i've worn many a sisters T in the black forest :von:
Well, I am unsure ... it's the big lake in the the-country-corner (austria/germany/switzerland). However, loads of fog and mountains and trees there. I love it.
No shade of anything can make a good summer over here.
Gripper

Black Shuck wrote:Last summer I was on Holiday in a lovely part of Cornwall, and I went for a stroll with me English Bull Terrier down to an isolated beach.
When I say isolated, I mean REALLY isolated (from a tiny Hamlet you go down a 20-minute dirt path to reach it.)

I tend to holiday in Cornwall and make a point of packing my full range of Sisters tees. Black is the ideal beach colour. We can usually be seen around the Portreath area or Down On The Lizard (hey, isn't that a song by The Cramps? Probably.) sometime in August.

However this wouldn't have been me as, sadly, only our aged newsagent refers to me as 'young.'
Also, if it had been me you'd have also noticed my two loutish daughters hitting me round the head with spades- see http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3637 and witness the stupid way they've wallpapered over the living room door. Tsk. I blame the parents.

Have a pastie for me when you're down there next.
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Remote?

Desoto Silver Mine in the Bradshaw Mountians of Arizona. Dad's van almost fell of the side of the damn cliff.

Apache trail through the Superstition Mountains, also in Arizona.

Sonoran Desert.

If you ever go to Arizona, hire a 4WD and go offroading..take lots of water, a mobile phone, and do not talk to strangers...some ppl out there are damn crazy! But it's some of the most beautiful country you will Ever see. I love it there.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Oh I forgot. Sisters fans? Not hardly..it's far too sunny.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Gripper wrote:Have a pastie for me when you're down there next.
:eek: I LURVE Cornish pasties!!! ;D I haven't had one in *years*, though... :evil: :cry: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Met a girl in the local Marks & Spencer with a DOT tee years ago.
reverberater
Amphetamine Filth

Now you mention it i saw a dude with a sisters t-shirt on in MacDonalds in Caracas VENEZUELA :eek:
Guided by the light and by the catholic monochrome
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Gripper wrote:

I tend to holiday in Cornwall and make a point of packing my full range of Sisters tees. Black is the ideal beach colour. We can usually be seen around the Portreath area or Down On The Lizard (hey, isn't that a song by The Cramps? Probably.) sometime in August.

However this wouldn't have been me as, sadly, only our aged newsagent refers to me as 'young.'
Also, if it had been me you'd have also noticed my two loutish daughters hitting me round the head with spades- see http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3637 and witness the stupid way they've wallpapered over the living room door. Tsk. I blame the parents.

Have a pastie for me when you're down there next.
your daughters are not loutish when they stay with me.. *smirk*
I don't wanna live like I don't mind