Diana ...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Yeah, but the MOST annoying thing was before she died, pretty much everyone was sick to death of hearing about her, the press hated her, her own family hated her and the vast majority of the public didn't find her too thrilling!!!!
Only a paand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Aside-- The "moon landing hoax" conspiracy is stupid. Does anyone think for a second that if they'd faked it,
a) The USSR wouldn't have found out, and
b) The USSR wouldn't have then broadcast the hoax to the world?

Back to Di:
Black Shuck wrote:Princess Di meant literally nothing to me; I don't understand how she could mean so much to people who'd never met her.
Maybe she was a nice person, but so are billions of others. You wouldn't cancel a hockey game because Fred Bloggs the kindly lollypopman died, would you? WOULD YOU?
Very true, very true.
zigeunerweisen wrote:...the new dress she wore at this or that party...
DM song "New Dress" on Black Celebration, anyone?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

Sexygoth wrote:Yeah, but the MOST annoying thing was before she died, pretty much everyone was sick to death of hearing about her, the press hated her, her own family hated her and the vast majority of the public didn't find her too thrilling!!!!
How right you are.

At the time of her death she was busy stalking anything with a moustache.

Had she lived, she would by now be vilified as an embarrassment & we would be spared all this rubbish.

But I understand that her huge fan club The Great British Public can't be arsed to go to her grave or anything, so maybe sanity will prevail.
zigeunerweisen
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Red Sunsets wrote:
zigeunerweisen wrote:She, and the whole mass hysteria thing around public figures in the UK is one of the reasons i think brits are hopeless and condemned.
Please don't tar us all with the same brush :eek:
Don't worry, i think the whole world is hopeless and condemned, not just brits. :wink:
zigeunerweisen

Black Planet wrote:Glad you're back btw, Ziggy, and that avatar of yours..He/she is so cuddly! Is that your dog?
No, i found it on the net.

I only have cats, more of a cat person i am, but he's so cute, how could i resist? :D
Silver_Owl
The Don

mayhem wrote:
markfiend wrote:

That day was the most nauseating example of mass hysteria I've ever seen. I remember seeing some dweeb saying that the death of Diana had affected him more than the death of his own mother :eek:

What is wrong with some people?
I felt exactly the same way. I remember people being PROUD of the fact that it meant more to them than their own family.

The day they brought her body back I was in a pub with a friend & they had a big screen up to show the proceedings.

Luckily I found Crash by the Primitives on the jukebox.

I thought it was an excellent soundtrack choice.

M
I fondly remember sitting in the living room on the day of her funeral listening to "So What" by Metallica. Oh, halcyon days.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Ditch the Monarchy

We did over 200 years ago..and LOL,..ha ha ha ha

when will you brits learn?

not that i dont love you all.

And if i get s**t on my grammer or spelling...

HAHA HA..push off loser......
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

Black Planet wrote:Ditch the Monarchy

oh yeah, and you're so much better off now that the place is run by the bush klan...
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
mugabe

RicheyJames wrote:

oh yeah, and you're so much better off now that the place is run by the bush klan...
Well, so is yours.
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

:lol: :notworthy:
The Scene won't save you...
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

mugabe wrote:
RicheyJames wrote:

Well, so is yours.
not at all. we are the living, breathing product of the new labour experiment (tm). slavishly aping american foreign policy is just one depressing element in an entirely vacuous, insubstantial, image-concious "ideology" who's adherents constant scrabbling for self-justification is the most unseemly performance since nuremburg.
mugabe

RicheyJames wrote:image-concious "ideology" who's adherents constant scrabbling for self-justification
Now, who hacked Richey's account?
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

it's a fair cop. full throttle rant mode appears to have temporarily short-circuited my in-built grammar checker...

still, makes the new sig stunningly apposite.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

and the spell check
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

That's a fair point!

(And yes it's SG aged 16...)
The Scene won't save you...
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Her previous avatar was much better, but that neanderthal she's started knocking around with made her change it. Did you see that "Hands off she's mine" post of his the other day? Who the hell does does he think he is coming round here spoiling our fun?
Go to sleep now, Francis.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

c_drive wrote:p.s. Sexygoth is cute - is that really her ?
:innocent:
yes she is. yes it is. and don't even think about it...
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Thrash Harry wrote:Her previous avatar was much better, but that neanderthal she's started knocking around with made her change it. Did you see that "Hands off she's mine" post of his the other day? Who the hell does does he think he is coming round here spoiling our fun?
Is this the one you mean?

Just for the record, No one made me change my avatar I made that choice all on my own (arn't I a big girl? :roll: )

And less of the neanderthal arse feta
Only a paand.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Sexygoth wrote:And less of the neanderthal
I think this assertion demands a picture in the members' gallery.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

Thrash Harry wrote:
Sexygoth wrote:And less of the neanderthal
I think this assertion demands a picture in the members' gallery.
you are not the first (and i would imagine you won't be the last) to demand that an image of my good self be displayed for your awe-struck worship in this delightful little site's very own "gallery of rogues". unfortunately, due to my status as an international man of mystery and part-time, freelance terrorist, it would be foolhardy in the extreme for me to offer up photographic evidence of my current appearance.

to soften the blow i offer you this description from which even your limited imagination should be able to sketch in the details...
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

SG's avatar is more suited to my limited imagination. It is probably, however, for the best that you should leave us guessing, as I think I would be disappointed if you don't actually possess a striking resemblance to Maltloaf. I trust you have both been practising Paradise By The Dashboardlight in preparation for the Allcomers Karaoke Night at the Burley Liberal Club. I understand from the Secretary that a short, skinny geezer with shades and a dodgy haircut has been enquiring about which version of I Will Survive they will be using. Finally, may I take this opportunity to wish you both my sincerest felicitations and wish you a long and happy journey together. I'll say no more on the matter except to accept your heartfelt gratitude in advance. We're all looking forward to the wedding.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Thrash Harry wrote:We're all looking forward to the wedding.
i've bought a new hat... ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

Quiff Boy wrote:
Thrash Harry wrote:We're all looking forward to the wedding.
i've bought a new hat... ;)
good thing you have, she keeps muttering something about making hats compulsory for all guests...