Bauhaus Omnibus Editions

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

Has anyone bought In The Flat Field and Mask Omnibus Editions? I already have the original bastards on vinyl and CD and was wondering if they were worth buying for the additional material?
You still think swastikas look cool
The real nazis run your schools
They're coaches, businessmen and cops
In a real fourth reich you'll be the first to go
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

Also, what about Bauhaus live in the studio 1979? I have never heard this
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

I have "mask" and "in the studio"
Mask is realy worth it just for the extra live album, bauhaus at their very best. The booklet is realy nice too.

In the studio i guess if you re a die-hard fan you have to get it ,if not you can live without it, it s interesting though. The book it came with (behind the mask) is more interesting, actually a scrapbook with interviews ,flyers and posters.
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

Silence is platinum wrote:I have "mask" and "in the studio"
Mask is realy worth it just for the extra live album, bauhaus at their very best.
In the studio i guess if you re a die-hard fan you have to get it ,if not you can live without it, it s interesting though. The book it came with is far more interesting.
I will track down Mask, thanks for the tip
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

I agree with SilenceisPlatinum - depends how much of a diehard fan you are. For in The Flat Field it really depends on how many versions of Terror Couple Kills Colonel you think you need. Mask does have the extra live disc but if you already have Press.. do you really need another early live show ? Live in the Studio is fascinating as a document of how the band were evolving (a bit like TSOM's '81 demo tape)' whilst ...and remains is precisely what it says, left-over scrapings not deemed good enough to make up a third disc for the Flat Field omnibus.
Interesting as ever to contrast what has come out for the Bauhaus completist with the miserly scraps offered to Sisters fans on reissues (one "early version" and one "full version"). Feast or famine, which is better for a cult band's legacy ?
Going back to Bauhaus, if you haven't already got it, my advice would be to spend your cash on Peter Murphy's last album (Ninth) if you're in need of a new Bauhausesque fix.
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

:notworthy: Thank you sir for the information :notworthy:
radiojamaica
Overbomber

The Mask box is the one! oh yeah :notworthy:
in dub we trust
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Beggars Archive are promising more "big name" releases for 2014, so hopefully more Omnibus editions in the pipeline.
robertzombie
Overbomber

I think the Omnibus project was scrapped.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:I think the Omnibus project was scrapped.

:cry: Apparently so - not enough extras lying around it would seem so not "commercially viable". Knowing the quality of the b-sides of the latter singles and the extreme haste with which Burning from the Inside was put together as the band disintegrated, I'm not surprised there's nothing left of interest in the vaults.
mh
Above the Chemist

http://archive.beggars.com/articles/234 ... te#comment
19. Omnibus Bauhaus: Unfortunately this is not commercially viable anymore. That said all the reseach and very extensive notes were completed in prepartaion for this project but ultimately had to be shelved. Both remaining studio albums are now available in gloriously remastered form on the new 5 disc set however. Furthermore, we did also notice a serious lack of additional tracks to boost up the boxes as well. Bauhaus never over recorded, particularly during the last couple of years (82-83) with, save for a small handful of demos etc, pretty much everything that was finished was used on B sides or bonus tracks on the 12� singles.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

Planning on spending more $$$$ on Bauhaus today :innocent: