19 November 1981

Do you do a TSOM-related website? Do you know any cool TSOM websites? Sites listed here may be about anything to do with The Sisters: lyrics, tours, photos, biographies, interviews, etc. Post your URLs along with a short description of the website here.

Note: Please post links about trading Sisters memorabilia or your personal collection in the Trading section.
Being645
Above the Chemist

For those who do not check Twitter regularly,

here's some new feature on The Sisters' gig of November 9th, 1981 in the SistersWiki ... ;D ;D ;D ...

http://sisterswiki.org/Mon,_09-Nov-1981

* Thanks for the hint to our unnamed agents underway in the infinite expanses of the web ... :kiss: ...

:eek: ... Oh, it's of course November 9th, 1981 ... not 19th ... :oops: ...*hell, again ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

A nice find, and a double Violets link with Tom helping TSOM out and Simon (as head honcho of Music for The Masses) promoting the gig.
mh
Above the Chemist

Didn't Tom also play in 1983 after Ben did his runner?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

mh wrote:Didn't Tom also play in 1983 after Ben did his runner?
I don't think they replaced him on those shows. I'm very far from sure as I wasn't there of course, but there is that one bootleg (Stockholm I think) where Eldritch said that the next time there will be 4 people on stage. Hussey already agreed to join, but needed time to learn the songs?
in dub we trust
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

So Dave Humphries was clearly off by then.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:A nice find, and a double Violets link with Tom helping TSOM out and Simon (as head honcho of Music for The Masses) promoting the gig.
But ... * if blindness doesn't have me again ... there is no mention of Si in the article ... Have you got anything to support this? It were a nice addition.
Being645
Above the Chemist

radiojamaica wrote:
mh wrote:Didn't Tom also play in 1983 after Ben did his runner?
I don't think they replaced him on those shows. I'm very far from sure as I wasn't there of course, but there is that one bootleg (Stockholm I think) where Eldritch said that the next time there will be 4 people on stage. Hussey already agreed to join, but needed time to learn the songs?
I also used to think that Tom Ashton jumped in for Ben Gunn, but when and where exactly I don't know. Or which show was actually the last one with Ben ... :?:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:A nice find, and a double Violets link with Tom helping TSOM out and Simon (as head honcho of Music for The Masses) promoting the gig.
But ... * if blindness doesn't have me again ... there is no mention of Si in the article ... Have you got anything to support this? It were a nice addition.
This gig was promoted at Leeds Uni by the Music for The Masses Society, an organisation run for students by students with the aim of supporting and promoting live music/student bands, based at the Students Union. When I started at Leeds Uni the following October (82) Si was the head of the Society. You can read more about this on my Sisters blog in a post entitled Music For The Masses !
Being645
Above the Chemist

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Being645 wrote:
This gig was promoted at Leeds Uni by the Music for The Masses Society, an organisation run for students by students with the aim of supporting and promoting live music/student bands, based at the Students Union. When I started at Leeds Uni the following October (82) Si was the head of the Society. You can read more about this on my Sisters blog in a post entitled Music For The Masses !
Cool, thanks! ... Another reason to link your lovely blog to the SistersWiki ... ;D :notworthy: ...