Holiday!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Francis
Overbomber

Most of which will be spent either drunk, hungover or going to see the girls in Europe... Hmm ... Dresden or Linz? How to decide...
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
iesus
Overbomber

There are 3 different views and answers to that question, as below:

- The most of HL members would answer go to both if possible, or select one according to your program that fits, otherwise they say how sorry it is that you can not join them, in any for this year and wish you that SoM play one close to your hometown so you can see them in the next tour.

- Most people outside HL will never understand clearly why you take the roads and have a trip to attend a gig of SoM. But for a big part of them it will not sound as a bad idea and to the rest will sound in a way attractive to have a holiday trip to a couple of towns to relax and do anything, even if it that includes to attend a gig of a band that is called Sisters.

- Lastly there is James's viewpoint. His answer will be a clear: Hell NO ! ! ! There is no chance to go and see SoM live never ever never again ! ! !
But that is our James, clear and constant. :D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
James Blast
Banned

I'll be first in line when they get a bass player and reclaim their mojo, isn't that right Big Sigh?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i would reply in the same way as you described that James might or may. however, i would lovely hit the road only to meet HLers and see new place(s).
so ansewring to your question Frank: i've never been to Linz, but i've been in Dresden and i like that city.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

But surely no one would argue with @JB on the bass player point.
But to answer the question, Dresden or Linz. Well UK Decay didn't have a song called Linz so I'd have to go for Dresden.
James Blast
Banned

well no one can argue with that
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Francis
Overbomber

Unfortunately, Europe turned out to be too much of a logistical challenge. However, Glasgow is a go go. Obviously, a drink with Mr Blast is the main attraction, while Mr. E provides the floorshow. Looking forward to the linguistically impaired political discussions... Room in the car for any other Leeds travellers.
Francis
Overbomber

No takers? Hmmm... I'm really not as crazy as my posts might suggest. Veterans of the 2006 UK tour were successfully transported. I don't even charge petrol. Just don't expect me to join you queuing for the front row. Eva's always got that covered.
Francis
Overbomber

Oh dear! The prospect of driving 5 hours to suffer the don't get its bitching about too much smoke and a weak vocal mix is losing its appeal. Goodbye Scotland.