Football post apologies to SexyGoth...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Dave R
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Wolverhampton Wanderers 1
manchester United 0

Sorry, had to do it....................

Cum On Me Babbies!!!!!!!!!!!!

QB will understand.... :D :D :D :D
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
Dave R

and the reason for posting at this time...i've just sobered up.

nuff said.
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
Silver_Owl
The Don

Congrats Dok.
Always nice to see the Reds defecated upon.
You're still going down though I'm afraid.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

We don't have that problem up here in Celtic vs Rangersland, not this season anyway.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

doktor wolf wrote:Wolverhampton Wanderers 1
manchester United 0
Niccccccce. 8)

Bolton 1 Portsmouth 0 :cry:
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

the mighty sheffield united 3
west ham 3

:urff:

most amazing comeback since lazarus! ;D :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

a fine result indeed herr doktor. but i'm afraid that it will still be back to the nationwide next season for the men in old gold. on a brighter note, there's a good chance that you'll get to visit the wembley of the north if we carry on like this.
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

:roll:
Only a paand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

even spurs managed to win yesterday!
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Gripper

Speaking as a lifelong United fan (and yes, it actually IS the nearest ground to my house), we were crap yesterday and Wolves deserved to win.
Like with the previous game against Newcastle, it seems to follow the simple rule...'Stick players in who can't kick the ball straight and you won't win.' Stand up, Ronaldo and Forlan.
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Gripper wrote:Speaking as a lifelong United fan
GET OUT...........AT ONCE
Only a paand.
Andy TG
Overbomber

This is another "Football" thread is it?

Sorry Guys and Girls cant abide "The Game" - I must be missing the right "genes" or something.

I just dont get the point of 11 men running around a field with 11 other men chasing a pigs bladder full of air! ;-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

It's a bit like the point of nailing bits of string over some wood and plucking them - the activity is meaningless but the end product is sublime.

I may be biased (and after seeing my lot lose to a pair of Danny Dichio goals I'm also gutted, but there you go), but a good game of football is one of the most satisfying events imaginable.

Work took me to Sheff Utd v West Ham on Saturday, and even allowing for the four-hour drive to and from Southend, it was terrific. Skill, passion, drama and a terrific twist in the final stages, all played out in a vibrant atmosphere. Viewed in the same terms as a work of theatre it was close to perfect. Viewed as a football match it had some major defects (what was the Hammers' keeper doing coming for that corner, and why did none of the three players on the line do anything about Jagielka's header?; why was the Blades' second goal allowed after a clear foul on Ferdinand?; why did Ferdinand make such a ridiculous challenge for the pen? etc), but it was still an enthralling contest.

To dismiss football as men kicking a ball around is like dismissing literature as people putting squiggles on paper.

Rant over :D
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Good man Gripper, take it on the chin. When will people realise we're several rungs higher than them on the food chain. No sniping or bitterness from us. Yep, we were pants. Hey ho. I believe they call it jealousy. I was at OT for the Boxing Day game against the laughable Everton, and Ronaldo was a star.

Dave

PS Your best avatar yet, Mr Sunsets. And that Manc97 cd WILL be on its way. Just as soon as blahblahblah...
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

<Starts crying>
Only a paand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

andymackem wrote:It's a bit like the point of nailing bits of string over some wood and plucking them - the activity is meaningless but the end product is sublime.

a good game of football is one of the most satisfying events imaginable.

To dismiss football as men kicking a ball around is like dismissing literature as people putting squiggles on paper.

Rant over :D
now there's some one who knows what they're talking about...
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

doktor wolf wrote:Wolverhampton Wanderers 1
manchester United 0
A thing of great beauty. Especially when Arsenal win 2-0 & 'Snouty' O'Leary has the nerve to complain, the godlike Henry having done to his current club exactly what his old club did to us a couple of seasons ago....

Pure karma
:lol: :lol: :lol:

M
snowey

God, there's you lot taking about the premier league, what about us poor sods who went to a home game against Hartlepool.

I wish we were back in the first (sigh)....
zigeunerweisen

AndyTheGoth wrote:This is another "Football" thread is it?

Sorry Guys and Girls cant abide "The Game" - I must be missing the right "genes" or something.

I just dont get the point of 11 men running around a field with 11 other men chasing a pigs bladder full of air! ;-)
Think of it as a tribe battling a diferent tribe for food, like a deer or a wild boar.

Or think of it as men trying to impress women in order to continue reproduction.

Seriously, think of it as a celebration of human physical capabilities. You know, mens sana in corpore sano, higher, faster, etc.

As with anything, from dance to music, from literature to movies, with everything else in between, when something is done in a manner that transcends the normal, the regular, the mundane, it becomes something truly beautiful.

Even though i admit most football matches can be a bit boring, when we get to see the best players performing, think Zidane for example, or instead of football think of ballet, or swimming, or tennis, or gymnastics, or martial arts, or chess, or a great book, or an incredible piece of music or anything really. It's beautiful when it's done in a way someone <<normal>> couldn't do it. It becomes art. In sports for example, we can expect a sudden move that for a moment will make us catch our breath in disbelief and in that moment we are more than just another regular human. It may sound stupid but it's glorious and even epic. That can be applied to anything.

Baryshnikov is still one of the reasons i might believe there is a god.[/b]
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Chelsea arsed up too. However, I have evolved as a result of being a fan, to develop a naturally pessimistic and cynical attitude to life, and am consequently not particularly upset. I am, however, upset when Bristol Rovers lose. Go figure.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
zigeunerweisen

Eeek, that sounded even gayer than i expected, now, ahem, guns and women and beer, where are they...
zigeunerweisen

Besides Andy, playing football is fun :)
James Blast
Banned

Dave Whelan wrote:PS Your best avatar yet, Mr Sunsets. And that Manc97 cd WILL be on its way. Just as soon as blahblahblah...
Cheers Dave and will you be tuning in to BBC 4 tonight at 10 for a Prog Rock special followed by Pete Frame's Prog Family Tree?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Here they come - Sconthorpe! Humiliation - it's just a kick away, kick away, kick a-way. :eek:

I had to spell it like that. Otherwise it gets blanked out because it contains a rude word.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Last chance to beat the Scummy gits today before we return to div 1 :roll: