Ultra rare / Mispress Record 12" Sisters of Mercy - Dom

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Dominion
Road Kill

Hello, I have registered here with this site to ask you Sister's fans about this rare record. I have searched the web for ages and nothing is coming up about it.

Basically the record in question is, as per title, Dominion by Sisters of Mercy. It is in a generic sleeve with the following written on in marker:

DOMINION - SISTERS OF MERCY
45 R.P.M - BOTH SIDES THE SAME.

As you can guess, its only dominion on both sides, instead of the usual:
A - Dominion
B1 - Dominion
B2 - Untitled
B3 - Sandstorm

http://www.discogs.com/Sisters-Of-Mercy ... se/1341337

Matrix number being SAM 423, same as the UK promo, released on WEA Records Ltd.

It has a plain black label on the inside of the vinyl, same as the UK Black label promo copy as shown on dicogs in the link above.

The vinyl itself clearly has only one track both sides. It has identical running times and sounds the same.

I have not seen another like this before and I have had a lot of Sisters of Mercy vinyl. There is nothing on this anywhere and I don't know if there are any vinyl record enthusiasts on this site but any help/information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hello and welcome.

I'm half-tempted to move your question into the "Trading" section but I'll leave it here, I'm sure one of the usual suspects will be able to tell you about it.
Dominion
Road Kill

Thanks for the reply, I was going to put it in the trading section but I wasn't sure.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Is it essentially a black label version of this? http://www.discogs.com/Sisters-Of-Mercy ... se/1294192

What's written in the deadwax? Anything besides the cat. no.?
michael
Road Kill

Hi Dominion ,
the Discogs offers are both the double A-Side Edition ,
I wrote both sellers cause I was interested in the A - B1 - B2 - B3 release .

I only know SAM 432 (RunOutGroove) UK - Generic Cover - Black Label - no writings - Both Sides Dominion ~ 5 min playtime .

michael
Dominion
Road Kill

michael wrote:
I only know SAM 432 (RunOutGroove) UK - Generic Cover - Black Label - no writings - Both Sides Dominion ~ 5 min playtime .

michael
The UK 'SAM 432' record you're referring to (with running time of approx. 5 minutes) sounds correct, however I don't completely understand what you mean in your posts. :oops:

Do all of these Dominion 12"s have the double A side and not the three tracks. Is it a mistake on discogs or is this a mispress? Have you seen the record before?

Cheers for the replies.
Dominion
Road Kill

robertzombie wrote:Is it essentially a black label version of this? http://www.discogs.com/Sisters-Of-Mercy ... se/1294192

What's written in the deadwax? Anything besides the cat. no.?
It's like a cross between that one and this one:

http://www.discogs.com/Sisters-Of-Mercy ... se/1341337

I say that because it has the UK Matrix numbers with the black label like the 2nd link. But it has dominion on the b side like in your example. However in your example it is Dominion/Mother Russia. Whereas in this one it is exactly the same as the A side 'Dominion' with a running time of approx. 5 minutes.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Is this a radio issue to ensure that the DJ played the right side of the black label promo (and have a second copy in case it got scratched) ? Were there radio stations still routinely playing vinyl rather than CDs by then ?
michael
Road Kill

Dominion wrote:
michael wrote:

michael
The UK 'SAM 432' record you're referring to (with running time of approx. 5 minutes) sounds correct, however I don't completely understand what you mean in your posts. :oops:

Do all of these Dominion 12"s have the double A side and not the three tracks. Is it a mistake on discogs or is this a mispress? Have you seen the record before?

Cheers for the replies.
Sorry , my english isn't good

Never seen a SAM 432 without the double same Dominion side .
The US Promo has different mixes , the 12" Version has
A1 - A2 - B1 - B2 sides , so it cannot be a confusion mispress .
I don't know if a A1 - B1 - B2 - B3 record exist but i think it's
a mistake on discogs .