Is something happening in Scotland today?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
iesus
Overbomber

There are surviving copies from that ones ?
They supposed to destroy any evidence of promises :roll:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Pat wrote:The promised timetable.
They've only missed the first 2 deadlines. Shock horror nothing in the papers and nothing on the BBC (it did make RT news ).
You mean this command paper, published on October 13th?
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _Paper.pdf

All parties including the SNP, have submitted proposals to the Smith Commission, which was also accepting submissions from the public until 31st October. Draft laws will be ready by January but won't be approved until after the general election in May. So far they're doing what they said they'd do. Enacting new laws - especially on this scale - is a slow process. Wait and see what happens in January before writing it off.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Pat
Slight Overbomber

stufarq wrote:
Pat wrote:The promised timetable.
They've only missed the first 2 deadlines. Shock horror nothing in the papers and nothing on the BBC (it did make RT news ).
You mean this command paper, published on October 13th?
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _Paper.pdf
That command paper was published November2010 and led to the Scotland Act passed in 2012 and will come into force in 2016 , easy mistake to make.

Great quote in there "The block grant will be reduced to compensate
for the increased tax-raising powers of the
Scottish Parliament." Meaning the Scot Gov couldn't use their tax raising powers without disadvantaging the people of Scotland, exactly like now.

TBH you're the second person to mention a command paper published on October 13th, I'd heard nothing about it at the time so I'm away for another search, If you've got a correct link could you stick it up or PM me ta.

Edit: found it https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _paper.pdf . It only proposes that it sticks to the timetable :roll: nothing in there about the powers promised under The Vow (Near Federalism, Home Rule, Devo Max or Devo Super Max) just restating the promises made before The Vow . I certainly don't have your trust in Westminster. Next post end of November.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

I agree with @stufarq. Am expecting progress within the timescale but trying to ignore both the SNP prophets of doom who are hoping to use any delay to try for a quick second referendum (aye, right !) and the arch Unionists who will try to use any minor disagreements to stall any change.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Pat wrote:That command paper was published November2010 and led to the Scotland Act passed in 2012 and will come into force in 2016 , easy mistake to make.

Great quote in there "The block grant will be reduced to compensate
for the increased tax-raising powers of the
Scottish Parliament." Meaning the Scot Gov couldn't use their tax raising powers without disadvantaging the people of Scotland, exactly like now.

TBH you're the second person to mention a command paper published on October 13th, I'd heard nothing about it at the time so I'm away for another search, If you've got a correct link could you stick it up or PM me ta.

Edit: found it https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _paper.pdf . It only proposes that it sticks to the timetable :roll: nothing in there about the powers promised under The Vow (Near Federalism, Home Rule, Devo Max or Devo Super Max) just restating the promises made before The Vow . I certainly don't have your trust in Westminster. Next post end of November.
Oops, sorry for the wrong link. Anyway, the command paper was published and, in fairness, it doesn't have to detail the proposed powers when it was published before the proposal deadline had passed.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:I agree with @stufarq. Am expecting progress within the timescale but trying to ignore both the SNP prophets of doom who are hoping to use any delay to try for a quick second referendum (aye, right !) and the arch Unionists who will try to use any minor disagreements to stall any change.
To clarify, I'm not necessarily expecting anything, I'm just being open-minded. There's no point criticising people for not having done something when the process is still ongoing and they've essentially done the things they said they'd do up to this point.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.