Eureka Machines news

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
User avatar
markfiend
goriller of form 3b
Posts: 20428
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 10:55
Location: st custards
Contact:

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:engage with your fan base
Not thinking of anyone in particular are we? :lol: :von:
advanced, forthright, signifficant
Damian
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 107
Joined: 16 Jul 2008, 21:44
Location: Bristol, UK

Going rather well, isn't it? Yay them. 216% and rising, and only 500 pledges short of the total last time, with less than a week gone.

Their hometown show is this Saturday and there are very very few tickets left:

http://www.wegottickets.com/event/280972

This is the one at which they'll be recording the DVD that is being made for this campaign, so you would in all probably be on it.
User avatar
markfiend
goriller of form 3b
Posts: 20428
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 10:55
Location: st custards
Contact:

Doesn't look like Kerry and I will make it to the Brudenell on Saturday. :(

That's the problem with being such popular social butterflies you see. :lol:
advanced, forthright, signifficant
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14575
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Damian wrote:Going rather well, isn't it? Yay them. 216% and rising, and only 500 pledges short of the total last time, with less than a week gone.
It's a great response really. Especially as you have to consider the target this time includes the cost of the DVD too.
Loved the eighties covers EP.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12751
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

Pista wrote: It's a great response really. Especially as you have to consider the target this time includes the cost of the DVD too.
Loved the eighties covers EP.
Same here, especially the cover ... :lol: ...
No chance to see their hometown show live, though ... the Brudenell is just a few miles too far from here ... so the DVD is very welcome ... :wink: ...
Damian
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 107
Joined: 16 Jul 2008, 21:44
Location: Bristol, UK

Being645 wrote:
Pista wrote: It's a great response really. Especially as you have to consider the target this time includes the cost of the DVD too.
Loved the eighties covers EP.
Same here, especially the cover ... :lol: ...
No chance to see their hometown show live, though ... the Brudenell is just a few miles too far from here ... so the DVD is very welcome ... :wink: ...
The show was incredible - the best I've ever seen them, by some distance, so the DVD should be an absolute treat...
User avatar
VonII
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 113
Joined: 18 Dec 2010, 20:57
Location: Belgiumland

I'm really curious to see them one day. There wont be a chance to see them in Belgium anytime soon. I'd book them myself, but I wouldn't know where to get the audience for it to recover the costs to book a cross-channel band for one gig. From the pool of lets say 500 people who come to my shows, in groups of 60-100 per show depending on the line-up, venue and mostly genre, I wouldn't know who would come to see this style of music. I'm not a fan of the genre or any bands that sound a bit alike either, but the songs from this band are just so catchy and good. It seems to be part of the British pop rock style that was popular in 2005-2009, but now... not so much, at least not in Belgium :(

Guess I'll have to schedule my trip to Leeds next summer (hopefully) around a gig, if no other occasions come up (like a Near Meth Experience or Sisters gig :lol: , or just another nice gig)
I do not necessarily agree with everything I think. -AE
Damian
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 107
Joined: 16 Jul 2008, 21:44
Location: Bristol, UK

VonII wrote:I'm really curious to see them one day. There wont be a chance to see them in Belgium anytime soon. I'd book them myself, but I wouldn't know where to get the audience for it to recover the costs to book a cross-channel band for one gig. From the pool of lets say 500 people who come to my shows, in groups of 60-100 per show depending on the line-up, venue and mostly genre, I wouldn't know who would come to see this style of music. I'm not a fan of the genre or any bands that sound a bit alike either, but the songs from this band are just so catchy and good. It seems to be part of the British pop rock style that was popular in 2005-2009, but now... not so much, at least not in Belgium :(

Guess I'll have to schedule my trip to Leeds next summer (hopefully) around a gig, if no other occasions come up (like a Near Meth Experience or Sisters gig :lol: , or just another nice gig)
Use it as an excuse for a holiday! I'd never go abroad just for a gig, but I have fitted short breaks round overseas gigs on three occasions. That way, if the gig gets cancelled/rescheduled, it's not too bad.
User avatar
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber
Posts: 2455
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 23:35
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Looks like the Eurekas are out on tour in the Spring. http://circuitsweet.co.uk/2015/01/eurek ... our-dates/. Ben's band gave one date in March. Neither band has yet announced anything for the summer ...
User avatar
ROBBIE
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 249
Joined: 18 May 2007, 12:33
Location: Living next door to hell

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Looks like the Eurekas are out on tour in the Spring. http://circuitsweet.co.uk/2015/01/eurek ... our-dates/. Ben's band gave one date in March. Neither band has yet announced anything for the summer ...
Just enough time between Hull (5th) and Sheffield (22nd) for a few SOM dates then :D
User avatar
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 636
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 18:50

Eureka Machines project by Sisters Of Mercy guitarist Chris Catalyst announce 4th album

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments. ... 07_0_2_0_C
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12751
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

Joy wrote:Eureka Machines project by Sisters Of Mercy guitarist Chris Catalyst announce 4th album

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments. ... 07_0_2_0_C
Thanks for the link. This is nice and short and written very well ... :notworthy: ...
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14575
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Being645 wrote:
Joy wrote:Eureka Machines project by Sisters Of Mercy guitarist Chris Catalyst announce 4th album

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments. ... 07_0_2_0_C
Thanks for the link. This is nice and short and written very well ... :notworthy: ...
No it isn't. *pedant mode* it is actually The Sisters Of Mercy. Perhaps they had a word limit.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12751
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

Pista wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Joy wrote:Eureka Machines project by Sisters Of Mercy guitarist Chris Catalyst announce 4th album

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments. ... 07_0_2_0_C
Thanks for the link. This is nice and short and written very well ... :notworthy: ...
No it isn't. *pedant mode* it is actually The Sisters Of Mercy. Perhaps they had a word limit.
... :lol: ... OK. In the headline (maybe limited space, indeed) ... in the text it's different ... :wink: ;D ...
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14575
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Update this evening with snippets of some new songs

:D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Damian
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 107
Joined: 16 Jul 2008, 21:44
Location: Bristol, UK

Some of you will have heard that Eureka Machines got nominated for four gongs at this year's Pure Rawk Awards (which celebrates self-starting rock bands of all kinds).

The ceremony was on Friday night and they won in all four categories that they were nominated for. Ace.
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14575
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Damian wrote:Some of you will have heard that Eureka Machines got nominated for four gongs at this year's Pure Rawk Awards (which celebrates self-starting rock bands of all kinds).

The ceremony was on Friday night and they won in all four categories that they were nominated for. Ace.
Yep, saw this over the weekend. Great news chaps. Well deserved.
:notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12751
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

Pista wrote:
Damian wrote:Some of you will have heard that Eureka Machines got nominated for four gongs at this year's Pure Rawk Awards (which celebrates self-starting rock bands of all kinds).

The ceremony was on Friday night and they won in all four categories that they were nominated for. Ace.
Yep, saw this over the weekend. Great news chaps. Well deserved.
:notworthy: :notworthy:
Absolutely great news ... Congrats!!!! ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... :D ...
User avatar
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1870
Joined: 29 Sep 2004, 12:41
Location: Leeds
Contact:

I don't get EM.

Quite in the minority here, I know - just sayin'
Four strings good, six strings bad
User avatar
euphoria
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1108
Joined: 11 Mar 2003, 19:39
Location: Berlin

Norman Hunter wrote:I don't get EM.

Quite in the minority here, I know - just sayin'
Well, minority in a thread dedicated to EM maybe, but I believe the vast majority of Sisters fans "don't get" EM. No offence to Chris, he does a great job in the Sisters, but EM is just a totally different type of music.

I don't think there are many NxN fans here either, likewise.
User avatar
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1870
Joined: 29 Sep 2004, 12:41
Location: Leeds
Contact:

euphoria wrote:I don't think there are many NxN fans here either, likewise.
I don't get NxN :lol:
Four strings good, six strings bad
User avatar
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator
Posts: 16231
Joined: 25 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Lurking and fixing
Contact:

euphoria wrote:
Norman Hunter wrote:I don't get EM.

Quite in the minority here, I know - just sayin'
Well, minority in a thread dedicated to EM maybe, but I believe the vast majority of Sisters fans "don't get" EM. No offence to Chris, he does a great job in the Sisters, but EM is just a totally different type of music.

I don't think there are many NxN fans here either, likewise.
They are a very different beast, definitely.

Personally I've always like that pop-punk Wildhearts/Hives vibe, so EM's take on it works a charm for me 8)

YMMV :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14575
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

New choon.
Welcome To My Shangri-La

& it's a goody :D :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12751
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

And here's the cover art of the new album. Looks good ... somewhat reminds me of, err ...

Image
Post Reply