Mr Hussey plays Workington

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
nigel d
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

the final date of his solo tour apparently. at Carnegie Theatre in workington, later this week.

the question is...do i actually pay a whole £15 and go watch.....?
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
VonII
Amphetamine Filth

Yes
I do not necessarily agree with everything I think. -AE
million voices
Slight Overbomber

I went to see him do his solo thing in 2003

I only went because it was local

I don't like the m*****n, I don't really know their stuff and I thought the songs were rather dire and a bit silly.

However, the man himself was rather entertaining and it was rather a good night out

(but not a top one)
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Mav787
One life, all I need

I'll be in Workington (and Leeds tomorrow).

Its going to be a great gig. Seen him already this tour and he puts on a fine show.
nigel d

Mav787 wrote:I'll be in Workington (and Leeds tomorrow).

Its going to be a great gig. Seen him already this tour and he puts on a fine show.
I may just have look see then. only previous outing to see him/the mish was yrs ago at a benefit gig in leeds
Mav787
One life, all I need

nigel d wrote:
Mav787 wrote:I'll be in Workington (and Leeds tomorrow).

I may just have look see then. only previous outing to see him/the mish was yrs ago at a benefit gig in leeds
Was that the gig for Shelter at Leeds T&C in 1993 when :von: sang 2 songs with the Utah Saints? They weren't at their best that night.
nigel d

it was indeed. was it really 1993 thought it was before then (i could be wrong though). i think the sound as a whole that day was a bit off. tower of strength was something akin to dragging ones nails down a blackboard.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

nigel d wrote: tower of strength was something akin to dragging ones nails down a blackboard.
And how was this different to normal ? :innocent:
Have never been a particular fan of said gentleman, but now he's stopped the histrionic warbling, his solo shows look decent enough entertainment. I misread the title of the thread initially and thought it was "plays for Workington". I know the Reds have had it hard for the past thirty-five years or so, but that would be a step too far.
nigel d

glad i went. excellent evenings entertainment. on stage for 3 and three quarter hours!
Mav787
One life, all I need

nigel d wrote:glad i went. excellent evenings entertainment. on stage for 3 and three quarter hours!
It was a great show :D