New Red Lorry Yellow Lorry Box Set

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Just in time for your Santa list ! Includes pretty much everything released in the classic years up to 1987 including three BBC sessions, over three discs and only £12 direct from the label (Cherry Red). Sleeve notes are by Mick Mercer, who wasn't a big fan of the band back in t'day IIRC.

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=4898
spiggymr7
Amphetamine Filth

Thank you NVL for the information , I have bought the box :)
mh
Above the Chemist

Bought! :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Wonderful ... ;D ... Thanks for the info, Nik ... :notworthy: ...
robertzombie
Overbomber

Anyone heard it? How's the mastering? I hope they didn't brick wall it.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Glad to be of assistance. Around that time (85/86) I was listening to the Lorries new stuff more than the more insipid and overtly commercial TSOM sound. This era of their output had done well for cherry red over the years and this keenly priced set deserves to sell well. If anyone is relatively knew to the Lorries, this would be a great place to start -the songs on here knock "Gift That Shines" into a cocked hat (or even a battered fedora).
VonII
Amphetamine Filth

What a bargain! :o Thanks for the tip. :notworthy:
I do not necessarily agree with everything I think. -AE
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

brill. thx 8)
Goths have feelings too
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

The unreleased track is Conscious Decision, which is the Lorries' equivalent of a Good Things as it was recorded only for Peel and has not been on any of the many Lorries re-releases over the years ...until now. You can get a sneak preview here (last track @ 9.18 ) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cnNJq5QoqCM