Dreams (the actual while asleep kind)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
rien
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Thought this warrants a new topic: I dreamt of this forum last night. And of a fictional bootlegging site. Except it was a real place, looking like a bar, with IP numbers written down in little black books.

Also featuring: strange architecture, selective time-manipulating powers, closed steampunky Underground stations, flying.
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.�
mh
Above the Chemist

rien wrote:...a fictional bootlegging site. Except it was a real place, looking like a bar...
That's not too far off the reality sometimes! :lol: :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

rien wrote:Thought this warrants a new topic: I dreamt of this forum last night. And of a fictional bootlegging site. Except it was a real place, looking like a bar, with IP numbers written down in little black books.

Also featuring: strange architecture, selective time-manipulating powers, closed steampunky Underground stations, flying.
Wonder what a psychiatrist would make of all this. Obsession, alcohol, old-fashioned design, nerds ... Yep, sounds like a fairly lifelike reconstruction of any gathering of TSOM fans.
rien

mh wrote:
rien wrote:...a fictional bootlegging site. Except it was a real place, looking like a bar...
That's not too far off the reality sometimes! :lol: :notworthy:
Hahaha! The other kind of bootlegging... :lol:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote: Wonder what a psychiatrist would make of all this. Obsession, alcohol, old-fashioned design, nerds ... Yep, sounds like a fairly lifelike reconstruction of any gathering of TSOM fans.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy:
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.�
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Blimey ! I'm not falling asleep listening to TSOM again ...
http://wolfshadowwispers.wordpress.com/ ... #more-2174
I wonder if he was listening to Afterhours when he wrote this ?
rien

Pft. I get creepier dreams than that without TSoM...

Thankfully, last night's dreams weren't creepy, but they did have :von: in them (no, not *that* kind of dreams...). Something about cigarettes...
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

I dream vividly every night. I just don't remember them come morning. As I drift from subconsciousness to consciousness, they seem to dissipate. Then they're gone. Then I experience déjà vu at a later date.

However, after going to sleep one night after Rien's OP, and waking, I did manage to grab onto the tail of one... and drag it back. Once I had the tail it was very easy to find the head, and work back, and write it down.

The other protagonist in the dream is a close student friend, so I emailed it to her. I counted 27 triggers and she spotted 15 instantly.

We have since met (twice) to discuss, and we have managed to fill-in the blanks, but there's still two missing which we don't understand, or can't understand. :urff:

And yes, she thinks I'm even more weird than she initially thought. :lol:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Once you start remembering them, especially if you discipline yourself to write them down immediately, it gets more and more easy to remember.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Novel in the offing? A book of Short Dreams?

Don't knock it, as there is a huge market out there. Depending on your writing skills and final presentation. :wink:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason