THE WORST BAND YOU HAVE SEEN

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote: Nah, I loved the band when they released their first 2 albums and especially the first few times I saw them they were an excellent live band. But for me it began to go wrong around the time of the 3rd album (that also had some great moments) and they pumped up their sound for the live shows. Each time it got worse, but the press and public seemed to like it a lot. Last August I gave it another chance and ended up in disgust. It's over.
Are you still talking about Editors here ?? :innocent:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

I was at a festival once and Peter Andre came on. Need I say more?
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

stufarq wrote:I was at a festival once and Peter Andre came on.
Now there's an image i need to get out of my head, stat! :eek:
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Pixes in '90... More had just come out and i sorely regreted leaving my house for Black Francis and co...
Nick Cave 08ish? No Blixa - no point!
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
radiojamaica wrote: Nah, I loved the band when they released their first 2 albums and especially the first few times I saw them they were an excellent live band. But for me it began to go wrong around the time of the 3rd album (that also had some great moments) and they pumped up their sound for the live shows. Each time it got worse, but the press and public seemed to like it a lot. Last August I gave it another chance and ended up in disgust. It's over.
Are you still talking about Editors here ?? :innocent:
:lol: You badboy you! :lol:
in dub we trust
NickW
Amphetamine Filth

either Runrig or Nitzer Ebb
Just one of the pesky kids
Pista
Cureboi

NickW wrote: Runrig
This.
I was pondering the question having seen a bazillion bands over the years & although I could cite some of the festival acts I've seen (ie Ruby Turner at Reading in 86 when she had to retreat from showers of mud clods & bottles of p!ss), I thought it ought to be a band I had actually intentionally bought tickets to see.
Echo & The Bunnymen were a close second. Ocean Rain *spits* tour at the Brighton Centre. Thank the skies The Primitives supported or it would have been a total write off.
But "the Scottish band". Oh my word. Bought tickets for my (then) GF's mum as it was her fave & off we went to Portsmouth Guildhall where this pompus bunch of rocksters tried to envoke the spirit of Loch Lomond & heather etc. to a crowd of southerners.
They came over as a bad plodding pub band who were simply too big to fit in a pub & I actually fell asleep half way through from sheer boredom.
It's a good job the seats were bolted down, otherwise one would have been launched from the balcony at said band.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Pista wrote: But "the Scottish band". Oh my word. Bought tickets for my (then) GF's mum as it was her fave & off we went to Portsmouth Guildhall where this pompus bunch of rocksters tried to envoke the spirit of Loch Lomond & heather etc. to a crowd of southerners.
They came over as a bad plodding pub band who were simply too big to fit in a pub & I actually fell asleep half way through from sheer boredom.
It's a good job the seats were bolted down, otherwise one would have been launched from the balcony at said band.
:lol: :notworthy: "The Scottish Band" are the distinctly non-goth Mrs L's fave band and I have taken great pleasure in reading your spot-on comments out to her verbatim. :notworthy:
Pista
Cureboi

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote: :lol: :notworthy: "The Scottish Band" are the distinctly non-goth Mrs L's fave band and I have taken great pleasure in reading your spot-on comments out to her verbatim. :notworthy:
Sofa for you tonight then :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Oh hahahaha the mention of festival acts reminds me: Daphne & Celeste at Leeds fesival. To be fair the poor girls didn't stand a chance, but I have never seen so many bottles* thrown at a stage. It was how I imagine Agincourt must have been.

* and other missiles. I heard that at Reading the same year someone threw a wheelchair at them.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Haha found a youtube of them at Reading: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hnxies4Wtk
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote:Haha found a youtube of them at Reading: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hnxies4Wtk
:lol: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Not sure we should be laughing at people having bottles thrown at them.

Actually I am: of course we shouldn't.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Pista
Cureboi

I was more impressed by the "B O L L O C K S" signs.
But heck that stage was a mess wasn't it?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

stufarq wrote:Not sure we should be laughing at people having bottles thrown at them.

Actually I am: of course we shouldn't.
I hadn't thought of it like that. :eek:
—Bertrand Russell
culprit
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

For me it was Balaam & the Angel supporting the cult in 87 at the Mayfair, Newcastle.
They were tosh. Looked like a bunch of students had stumbled on with a flute.
They re-appeared a few years later in bike jackets and riffs and on record were actually quite good.
Must have been a phase I guess.
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Τhe Screaming dead in '98 were a realy poor afair, they had just reformed and they even released a cd later. Just bad.
Oh and the Godfathers. People say they are a good live band, could be a bad night but hell i got bored!
And last but not least the Cure on their 3rd visit to Greece, bored, uninspired,tired, i dunno,maybe the drugs didn't arrive on time. It was a major disappointment that's for sure.
Villemorien
Road Kill

Hah, I walked out of so many gigs to have a chat in the lounge or smoke area. Short attention span? (yes) Some were really poor, though.

I've never been a FotN fan, but I found their gig at WGT 2011(?) very boring and still don't see why everyone likes them so much and almost everyone at WGT stayed up for it (final main hall show around 3 o-clock). Before that Lacrimosa was on aka the Wizard Camping Rock Act. Ego too big for stage.

Clan of Xymox (2010ish) played like robots! Not in a cool goth way, but in an annoying way.

Kommunity FK (2011ish). Out of tune. Awful sound. They looked like corpses. (not in a cool goth way)
Ms. Meathook
11 Imaginary Boys

The Rolling Stones are horrible live. I went with a friend and they were awful. I never saw the big deal with them really.

I'll stick with the Goth/Alternative groups.
Ms. Meathook
11 Imaginary Boys

markfiend wrote:Haha found a youtube of them at Reading: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hnxies4Wtk

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:lol:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

worst band not quite seen Deacon Blue @ Reading '88 I think, followed by not quite seeing a whole Meatloaf song

Sadly, a few of my friends have walked out of recent Sisters concerts never to return
Goths have feelings too
Phil
Amphetamine Filth

I've always enjoyed the headline bands I've seen and I don't often pay much attention to the supports. However, having arrived unusually early to see The Prodigy in the MCR a few years back I was forced to endure Dizzee Rascal and what a bag of rancid badger bollocks he was. Utter bobbins.
Anger Is An Energy
sandy666
Road Kill

Hands down - The Sisters of Mercy.

I went to THAT gig at the Astoria where the sound was just terrible. The gig was so bad, that the London Underground bought the Astoria & demolished it to ensure that no-one would suffer the same fate again.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

sandy666 wrote:Hands down - The Sisters of Mercy.

I went to THAT gig at the Astoria where the sound was just terrible. The gig was so bad, that the London Underground bought the Astoria & demolished it to ensure that no-one would suffer the same fate again.
:lol: :notworthy:
blackandgold65
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Recently I saw Leeds outfit Eagulls in Bristol....absolutely atrocious, not at all helped by an arse of a sound engineer who should have been shot...no bottom end missus, as they say, only excuciatingly loud badly eq'd reverb hell. I was gone after 2 songs....shame.
"I think insipid music is very dangerous. It's a narcotic for the nation as you very well know."